Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pogba

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pogba made the same tackle yesterday as he did on Neves, he got away with it against us and almost did again until VAR corrected it, something they failed to do in our game which cost us as they went on to score. Ronaldo should also of gone when he assaulted Jones. Weak refereeing allowed this to happen as both were obviously dangerous actions by the perpetrators.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pogba made the same tackle yesterday as he did on Neves, he got away with it against us and almost did again until VAR corrected it, something they failed to do in our game which cost us as they went on to score. Ronaldo should also of gone when he assaulted Jones. Weak refereeing allowed this to happen as both were obviously dangerous actions by the perpetrators.
But Saiss was probably lucky to stay on Saturday

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Neves screwed us with his reaction, if he goes down straight away we have a chance but by walking two steps, seeing he'd given ball away, looking at ref and then falling over it is extremely hard sell.

This forum would be absolutely up in arms if we'd have had a goal disallowed for that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@wallace you can't blame VAR for the one at our game. Atwell, the VAR ref, told Dean that he should look at it. Dean refused. Blame the arrogant Scouse **** instead!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves screwed us with his reaction, if he goes down straight away we have a chance but by walking two steps, seeing he'd given ball away, looking at ref and then falling over it is extremely hard sell.

This forum would be absolutely up in arms if we'd have had a goal disallowed for that.
So it was Neves' fault that Mike "even more ****ing arrogant than incompetent" Dean refused to go and look at it as VAR advised, huh? Right......

Wolf girl Amy

Reaction score
I agree it was a foul on Neves but his reaction did his cause no favours. Look at the way Fernandes behaved acting like he was shot to get our break stopped!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I saw the headline 'Pogba' I thought I would either laugh or be incensed at the idea of being linked to him- but no, it's a winge about that tackle.

Just wouldn't let it lie.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I saw the headline 'Pogba' I thought I would either laugh or be incensed at the idea of being linked to him- but no, it's a winge about that tackle.

Just wouldn't let it lie.
If someone does exactly that tackle to Pogba do you think that the media and ManUre will let it lie? If they do and he gets hurt... Well, live by the sword....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@wallace you can't blame VAR for the one at our game. Atwell, the VAR ref, told Dean that he should look at it. Dean refused. Blame the arrogant Scouse **** instead!
Is there any evidence this actually happened? Not saying it didn’t but seems very odd.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the feeling that has something to do with him being on the sideline as 4th official rather a lot as of late.
Bout bloody time.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking exactly the same yesterday when I saw Pogba's tackle. Same as one against Neves when he just clipped he shin pad.
That led to Manure's winner against us at Mol. Mike Dean of course was the difference on the day. Not going back to look at it on VAR :(

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although it shouldn't be an issue, unfortunately Ruben's reaction made it look like he was faking injury when he knew he gave the ball away. VAR should've sorted it, but as others have said, if he went down, it's a foul and Pogba maybe gets a red.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If someone does exactly that tackle to Pogba do you think that the media and ManUre will let it lie? If they do and he gets hurt... Well, live by the sword....
I agree. Can't stand the egotistical french git and I hate the way the BBC et al think Man U are the only story in town, but it was weeks ago, we need to move on.

Besides, they got thumped at home to their nearest rivals. Shouldn't we take pity?

No, you are right, what am I saying. Just thinking about it makes my chuckle. 5-0

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think he goes down as soon as he put weight on the leg that was hit.

Absolutely not the fault of Neves, we should have consistent refereeing.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there any evidence this actually happened? Not saying it didn’t but seems very odd.
It was reported on Match of the Day. Judge that evidence however you will. But given the arrogance of Mike Dean, it's not really odd at all.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can a ref refuse to look at the incident if told to by the VAR official? Surely this makes a complete mockery of VAR.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Pogba's yesterday was a lot worse than the one on Neves.

The one yesterday is as nailed on a red card as you will see. The one on Neves probably doesn't have enough contact or force to be a red, although it's obviously a foul and probably a yellow card.

Saiss' is borderline a red card, no complaints if it's given. But it was accidental and the ref didn't see it, so for VAR to overturn it and give a red would've been slightly harsh, even if there would be no real complaints from me. Doesn't matter anyway, the ref equalled that out and some with the penalty.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Saiss was probably lucky to stay on Saturday
Wouldn't argue with that at all. He was definantly lucky, should have been off. Traore and jimenez was being kicked all the time which prevented us getting better positions up the pitch.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
regardless of the tackle the sad stat about that day is it’s man United only clean sheet of the season.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not with a quick glance at a monitor it's not. It's a 10 second break to correctly overturn what was a game changing wrong decision.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think he goes down as soon as he put weight on the leg that was hit.

Absolutely not the fault of Neves, we should have consistent refereeing.
He absolutely didn't, his leg was completely fine. He stood up 5 seconds later and sprinted to 4th official.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think man utd are in free fall now Pogba is a bad egg plays when he wants to. Should of got rid few years ago. The demise of Salford red socks is hilarious

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hilarious, Pogba goes over the top yet it’s Neves fault!

By that token Raphina was at fault Saturday then? Thought not

Some proper strange Wolves supporters on here
Not what I said. If our fans saw an opposition player react like that they'd go mad. Raphina got taken off injured

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not what I said. If our fans saw an opposition player react like that they'd go mad. Raphina got taken off injured
That’s just bad luck, raphina got hit no harder than Neves. Neves shin pad probably saved him but you can’t have played and say that that tackle wouldn’t have affected your thinking. It was a potential double bone breaker, it scrambles your mind. My lad broke his arm last year yet was hitting the ground with it in anger. Shock takes over, so blaming neves to my mind is unacceptable

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He absolutely didn't, his leg was completely fine. He stood up 5 seconds later and sprinted to 4th official.
Nah mate, just watched it back, he tentatively puts his foot down.

Also you don't have to be hurt for it to be a foul, running to the ref afterwards does not mean it wasn't a foul.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah mate, just watched it back, he tentatively puts his foot down.

Also you don't have to be hurt for it to be a foul, running to the ref afterwards does not mean it wasn't a foul.
I’d be surprised even if the staunchest United fan denies it’s a foul.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My tupenneth; Pogba's foul yesterday was worse than the one on Neves and was a red, all day long. The Neves incident was also a foul that Dean didn't give because Neves ran on and tumbled to the ground two paces later. He obviously though simulation, despite the fact that it was a definite foul by Pogba. It wasn't a red, though, imo.
If, as has been reported, Dean was 'advised' to go to the monitor by VAR and didn't, then that is unforgivable as even if Dean was sure of his decision, he should have taken VAR's advice. It appears that VAR cannot mandate the official to reconsider, just advise!
Conspiracy by the ref - no. Incompetence and arrogance - probably.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My tupenneth; Pogba's foul yesterday was worse than the one on Neves and was a red, all day long. The Neves incident was also a foul that Dean didn't give because Neves ran on and tumbled to the ground two paces later. He obviously though simulation, despite the fact that it was a definite foul by Pogba. It wasn't a red, though, imo.
If, as has been reported, Dean was 'advised' to go to the monitor by VAR and didn't, then that is unforgivable as even if Dean was sure of his decision, he should have taken VAR's advice. It appears that VAR cannot mandate the official to reconsider, just advise!
Nicely summed up.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Excellent summation

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But the player does not need to make contact for it to be a foul, if you go by the letter of the law. Kicks or attempts to kick, strike or attempts to strike. He did make contact with Neves and an inch closer to his leg could well have ended in a serious injury. Pogba’s studs were up, he was off the ground and over the ball. Disgraceful challenge.

Mike Dean’s arrogance cost us that free kick and ultimately the goal they scored.

VAR said gave it a look. Mike Dean judged himself to be above VAR, above question, above the laws of the game.

I think the challenge on Neves should have been a red. However, could also see how others could see it as a yellow or just a foul. II think Mike Dean is an utter disgrace not to have taken a second look. Is that not what VAR is there for. A potential error by the Ref giving them a better view of the situation to make a more educated decision.

I honestly think that if we were playing a team outside of the Big 6 it would have been checked. The fact that Man U went on and scored gave more justification to Dean not to check. Send off a Man U player and disallow a goal for them. Never!

Back
Top Bottom