Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Whether he chose or refused the point is the same he didn’t go with his teammates and stayed behind it’s typical of his ****ty attitude. I notice you mention Hwang who also(usually underserved) gets a lot of stick but that lad always gives 100% and is a great team player.
You are conflating the two.

Yes, exactly why I used him as an example of players that are unfairly targeted by a section of the fan base.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll probably go before the end of the window right? I can’t see him being brought back into the fold. That said things aren’t all that easy to predict at Wolves right now? Got absolutely no clue what the next few weeks hold?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll probably go before the end of the window right? I can’t see him being brought back into the fold. That said things aren’t all that easy to predict at Wolves right now? Got absolutely no clue what the next few weeks hold?
Anything could happen in the next 10 seconds

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By far our most creative player. Plays between the lines, attempts high risk passes, that don't always come off, and so gets abused for it. Similar to Gibbs White. Those sorts of players create chances. It seems we have managers and a fan base who prefer the safe option....the Semedos of this World who are forever turning backwards and keeping the ball with a safe pass.......and that is why we are rhe lowest scorers in the league , and will continue to be, until we change that mindset.

fleck1

Reaction score
I don't get the digging out of Podence for his theatrics. We get no extra points or a pat on the back for trying to moral bastions of the game. We have to watch Kane, Salah, Bruno etc rolling all over the place, picking up penalties, set pieces, yellow cards for opposing players that lead to goals and points. The game isn't going back to the good old days where we could kick lumps out of each other and players would be trying to stay on their feet. It's here to stay so if Sarabia sticks a free kick in the top corner after Podence has dived I'll take the 3 points and think no more about it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be very interesting to see if he is in the squad against Man Utd. Also will Jordao and Bolla be included in the group under ONeil?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Will be very interesting to see if he is in the squad against Man Utd. Also will Jordao and Bolla be included in the group under ONeil?
As he has only recently started training and hasn't played in any friendlies I wonder if they will deem him not fit for the squad. I guess it also depends if the plans are still to sell him or whether now there has been a change of heart on both sides.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sell him if we could get a decent price for him due to his inconsistency. That said, he can definitely change a game and could be useful off the bench given our ever diminishing squad size.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he only has a year on his contract I guess we heve to sell. But if its more than that definitely keep him in our current predicament. The club's aspirations seem to be a 33 year old Cresswell in a position where we don't need anyone. Sums up the current mess and poor judgement. He is a good player and a few theatrics is bearable if he scores some goals and creates chances better than others.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By far our most creative player. Plays between the lines, attempts high risk passes, that don't always come off, and so gets abused for it. Similar to Gibbs White. Those sorts of players create chances. It seems we have managers and a fan base who prefer the safe option....the Semedos of this World who are forever turning backwards and keeping the ball with a safe pass.......and that is why we are rhe lowest scorers in the league , and will continue to be, until we change that mindset.
I would rather he attempted (and made) passes that were actually on than passes that were high risk/ reward but unlikely to be made. And that doesn’t mean playing backwards.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the digging out of Podence for his theatrics. We get no extra points or a pat on the back for trying to moral bastions of the game. We have to watch Kane, Salah, Bruno etc rolling all over the place, picking up penalties, set pieces, yellow cards for opposing players that lead to goals and points. The game isn't going back to the good old days where we could kick lumps out of each other and players would be trying to stay on their feet. It's here to stay so if Sarabia sticks a free kick in the top corner after Podence has dived I'll take the 3 points and think no more about it.
I must admit the theatricals and protests does annoy me about him but I expect GON to pat him on the back for it.
Let's hope he has a new lease of life if he is staying, few seasons ago I used to love him but steadily he began to irritate me with the back heals to no one and the no-spit really annoyed me because he could have been banned. Be interesting if he keeps the back heals under GON.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sell him if we could get a decent price for him due to his inconsistency. That said, he can definitely change a game and could be useful off the bench given our ever diminishing squad size.
I think he only has one year left on his contract so if we want/need any money in the bank, we really do need to sell him asap.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he could do a job for us this season considering how thin the squad is now after all the departures.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wants wages equal or ideally greater that he wants now, wants high status football or team.

Struggling as no of that ilk wants to buy him

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if he does stay and plays can we not over exaggerate any flicks he makes. He does these a lot less than fans make out.
And , being smaller than many players, let’s give him some slack if he is genuinely brought down. I agree, too much theatrics are annoying from any player, but sometimes a player is hurting after a contact.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very telling that nobody wants him.
People have enquired, his demands on salary and the size of club he will move to is the issue I have been very reliably told from a guy at a club who did enquire……

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was telling that Jonny chose to go and podence chose to stay. The petulant child is now back following wolves again
In a transfer window, there may be valid reasons as to why he didn’t go.

BTW, who said he refused to go?…..anybody know where or why this story started?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of assumptions that Podence was refusing … perhaps JL was the instigator - and the no coincidence is now he has left he can re-join the group ?
Julen didn't rate him, he was sidelined and efforts were made to find him another club. He didn't fancy the move arranged, so was in the bomb squad. Julen leaves, he is back in the squad... for now.

I think Julen was right. Too lightweight, and prefer Neto, Sarabia or even Hwang in his position. We should try to sell him with one year left on his contract.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen didn't rate him, he was sidelined and efforts were made to find him another club. He didn't fancy the move arranged, so was in the bomb squad. Julen leaves, he is back in the squad... for now.

I think Julen was right. Too lightweight, and prefer Neto, Sarabia or even Hwang in his position. We should try to sell him with one year left on his contract.
I get where you’re coming from but we’re a little bit light on goal scorers……think we should keep him.
For example, Silva maybe going but even if he stays we have no idea how well he’ll do.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a transfer window, there may be valid reasons as to why he didn’t go.

BTW, who said he refused to go?…..anybody know where or why this story started?
It was in the Keen and Judah podcast recorded when they were out in Portugal with the squad.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was in the Keen and Judah podcast recorded when they were out in Portugal with the squad.
If I remember correctly it was put over more that he had elected not to go. That COULD mean Lopetegui said to him you can come if you want but your not in my plans and you won’t be playing in any of the games, just stay here if ya want!
Podence could then have sulked (like I probably would!) and said ok fine I’ll stay here....

All complete guess work, but I just point out it may not quite be as it seemed.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The links to Celtic are not going away but Gary O'Neil has to assess him first and he makes the call imo

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Monday night we looked after the ball and closed their players down all over the pitch, and I know there were genuine errors that led to us losing possession, however there were no flicks or players rolling round after contact, unless they were wearing red.
For me thanks for your service but it’s time for us to go our separate ways.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Monday night we looked after the ball and closed their players down all over the pitch, and I know there were genuine errors that led to us losing possession, however there were no flicks or players rolling round after contact, unless they were wearing red.
For me thanks for your service but it’s time for us to go our separate ways.
I'd reached the end of my tether with him last season. Talented player, but perhaps one of the most frustrating I've ever seen put on a Wolves shirt. The diving, the flicks, the giving the ball away!! Selling him and bringing in a decent CB and perhaps a loan or two would be dreamland

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's just not cricket old boy.

Back
Top Bottom