Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s insanely talented but has been awful since Christmas.

In Neto’s absence, I think we need to give him the benefit of a pre-season. He looked great at the start of the season and would be a real asset if he could recover that form.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But of a show pony IMO only and a ‘luxury’ player that isn’t actually producing anything for us right now. We cannot afford passengers. Tbf, Podence didn’t infuriate me as much as Traore (mainly because Adama had all game to make poor decisions) but still, I honestly don’t feel Podence has what we need.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe the drop off.

He's not even average, he's ****. I was hoping he had an injury but he clearly hasn't as he should've been left out to get it sorted.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ball is everything and he keeps giving it away. No problem with trying things around their box, but nothing he's trying at the moment is coming off. Apart from a nice pass which set Vitinha free in their box.
I think he's shown enough to persevere with.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was dogs today, but the rain makes it hard to judge anyone.

Unfortunately, he's played like this for a few weeks now.

Needs to be nowhere near the first team at present

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not been great since the injury. Not going to judge. But hopefully gets back to his best soon

D

Deleted member 7206

Everyone is saying his form has dipped since his injury. He's not offered much since he joined. Fleeting 10mins of magic in a game and nothing for 80 mins doesn't make you a great player. Could be excused if those 10min spells won us games.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really not sure what is going on with him. Is he still carrying a knock, is it something personal, not sure what is but I was fuming with him today.

Think it was him who gave the ball away towards the end for a Albion free kick, as Neves took one for the team, and then earlier nearly let their striker in when he's dummies the ball. Just making the wrong decisions, which is crazy as he's usually a "smart" player.

Think easing him in from the bench is the best bet atm.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's one of them with podence.. If the funds are available and we can get better, then we will... But the problem is one out, one in doesn't help the squad...if we get rid of podence and traore we need 3........im sure olympiacos wouldd have podence back.. How about a swap with jose sa.....

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i see him as a squad player next season. his head ain,t been there since his return from injury

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe the drop off.

He's not even average, he's ****. I was hoping he had an injury but he clearly hasn't as he should've been left out to get it sorted.
There has to be so s reason for the drop off though surely? It can't be just down to form can it? He looked a quality player a few months back, but no sign of that at. Whatever it is I hope its temporary as at his best he is a talent.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
There is a player in there I'm sure, but at the moment he is a liability. Poor decision making, getting caught in possession and passes going astray. Needs a proper pre season and maybe an impact player going forward, who knows?

DJW

Reaction score
The time he was on the pitch was spent in almost entirely torrential rain with the ball not running true. No need to target him tonight surely.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People go on about players having no loyalty but as soon as one goes through a bad patch its get them gone. If it were down to some people Silva would've gone back in January. Let's have a little patience, he's still yet to have a proper Nuno pre season. If he's still poor by January then look at it

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has been awful recently .

Out of form - all players go through it . He will be back. Seen enough last season that he is a classy player

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People go on about players having no loyalty but as soon as one goes through a bad patch its get them gone. If it were down to some people Silva would've gone back in January. Let's have a little patience, he's still yet to have a proper Nuno pre season. If he's still poor by January then look at it
Get your point but we are just talking about them tonight.

You can't say much other than he was very bad. And, it's again.

I still have faith in him, but it's more hope than expectancy.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been useless since his injury, and I wasn’t sure about him before that.

A decent player knows when to bring out the tricks and when to play it straight.. I think his main issue is that when he tries to play the easy pass, he can’t seem to pull it off. He’s more likely to pull off the tricks..

I don’t see much but a useful sub, and given our last treatment of players who didn’t quite make the grade, I expect he will be shipped on.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
i see him as a squad player next season. his head ain,t been there since his return from injury
It’s not his head, it’s his body. He’s just not 100% fit and 99% isn’t good enough. If Neto was fit, he wouldn’t be playing. He just needs to focus now on being ready for next season.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He needs to be on the wing! Way too lightweight in the middle of the pitch. Podence right, Neto left when traore moves on this summer (as rumours seem to suggest)

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes been poor since his injury, lucky to be getting any minutes at the moment.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s all over the place at the moment, doesn’t seem anywhere near the player he’s capable of being... maybe that’s a fitness issue which is effecting his confidence, or he’s lost his confidence and that’s throwing his game...

hard to say, but after a proper pre season and when we look at our squad next season Podence will be in it... he will come back stronger next season after a break and a re start

having said that, I see him as a squad player and occasional starter if we are at full strength

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been worse than ****e since his injury.

If we go to 4231 next season then I’d give him a chance floating around but he can’t play in a 343 for us.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great player, who hasn't been the same since his injury. A good rest in the summer and he will be back to his best.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think he should be near the 1st team at the moment. Terrible when he came on,constantly giving the ball away. Gibbs whyte showed more

They kind of remind me of each other - Podence and MGW. Always looking for the flicks, tricks and fancy stuff when you just want them to do the obvious pass!

With Podence, he has no ball retention at all. He'll either do something excellent...or, especially recently, lose it completely. His finishing seems a bit better than MGW, though I think MGW could have had 2 or 3 more goals but has been unlucky - stopped by woodwork hits and worldies. And finishing is not Podence strength, either. Overall, given the age difference, I imagine MGW will develop into the better player.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But of a show pony IMO only and a ‘luxury’ player that isn’t actually producing anything for us right now. We cannot afford passengers. Tbf, Podence didn’t infuriate me as much as Traore (mainly because Adama had all game to make poor decisions) but still, I honestly don’t feel Podence has what we need.

I'm with you on this - a show pony need not be a bad thing. But we surely can't afford to have 2 out on the pitch together!

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those people saying we have to be patient, how long do you wait? He’s been here 18 months now and he’s not got any better. If anything he’s getting worse. His contributions are just not up to the level required. I’m not saying we completely get rid, but he’s not a starter for me

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Woeful tonight.

Doesn't suit our style of play ... infact doesn't suit any kind of style of play as most teams generally try and keep the ball. He actively gives the ball away!

Lightweight, can't pass, can't go past a player, has a history of theatrics. And I rated him when he first came. Probably not suited to English football at all.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woeful tonight.

Doesn't suit our style of play ... infact doesn't suit any kind of style of play as most teams generally try and keep the ball. He actively gives the ball away!

Lightweight, can't pass, can't go past a player, has a history of theatrics. And I rated him when he first came. Probably not suited to English football at all.
Mr Positivity is here again. How the hell could any genuine fan be so consistently negative?

Back
Top Bottom