Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence in/adama out

SHEPLEY WOLF

Groupie
Reaction score
I think if podence signs fits in we will sell adama for loads and reinvest in the team we could even sell neves also for a combined profit of 100 million and buy loads to move to the next level thoughts

D

Deleted at own request member 8370

Bit early to be drinking on a Wednesday isn’t it pal?

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stranger things have happened

It would make better sense to sign a replacement for Traore before he leaves, to avoid being ripped off down the line

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we all hope Adama will still be with us next season and the fact that we have got Podence who strengthens the squad could make it more unlikely that Adama will leave as it will increase his belief that this team is going places.

However it is also plausible to consider that bringing in another winger may be because the club knows it is inevitable that Adama may choose to move this summer.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be stupid for a lot reasons
1) He is too good a player to sell
2) We dont need to sell him
3) Other players would lose faith of what we are trying to achieve
4) Other players will also want to leave as a result
5) No one can replace the fastest man in world football
6) If anyone could they wouldnt want to come to us
7) Our rivals will be stronger as a result
8) We will end up being thin on numbers again
9) We become a selling club and lose all credibility
10) Fans would kick off

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think if podence signs fits in we will sell adama for loads and reinvest in the team we could even sell neves also for a combined profit of 100 million and buy loads to move to the next level thoughts

The next level is 80-100 million pound players!
We paid £18m for Traore to possibly sell him for £80m, same with Raul, £30m possibly sell for £80m - yes both healthy profits but whats the point if you have to spend that profit on someone new to replace them - may aswell keep them rather than risk bringing in a player that may not gel or fit in - i.e Coutrone for Cavaleiro & Costa

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Be stupid for a lot reasons
1) He is too good a player to sell
2) We dont need to sell him
3) Other players would lose faith of what we are trying to achieve
4) Other players will also want to leave as a result
5) No one can replace the fastest man in world football
6) If anyone could they wouldnt want to come to us
7) Our rivals will be stronger as a result
8) We will end up being thin on numbers again
9) We become a selling club and lose all credibility
10) Fans would kick off

I bet Liverpool fans were saying much of the same when they sold Coutinho

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of *******s. Adama is in the Top 10 players in the world imo. Why on earth would we sell him?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

it's true that in the next year or two, adama and/or neves might go if we start getting silly offers. just as coutinho did and LFC got stronger

but can we at least having a day or two to marvel over our array of attacking prowess? some of us are still getting over sagbo here

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think any coach in the world would get out of Adama what Nuno has. I genuinely believe that.

Money talks though. He could double what he earns at Wolves quite easily. There is talk that Moutinho signed a new deal worth over 100k a week. We should tie down Adama to a similar deal. Neves likewise

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, we don't want to sell our best players.

I for one don't want to sell the most unique talent I've ever had the privilege of seeing as he blossoms into a world beater.

But....everyone has a price (I've said this a few times)....whether it is £50m, £75m , £100m or £250m there is a price we'd sell Traore for and reinvest. Everyone has done it including Liverpool (Coutinho), Man Utd (Ronaldo), Real Madrid (Ronaldo) and Barcelona (Neymar). We will be no different. The important thing is we are in control as to when/how we replace them.

If we sign another striker we have 6 players (Raul, Traore, Jota, Neto, Podence, a.n.other/Oliviera) for 3 slots possibly with no European games. We also have other players coming through e.g. Shabani, Campbell.

Not impossible that one of Jota and Neto could move on rather than Traore if Podence takes the LW slot (or Raul due to age and resale value).

This Summer will be interesting and I do think we'll soon get to the point of periodic sales to reinvest (either for big cash or because player wants to go - e.g. Leicester Maguire and Mahrez). Even Ferguson evolved the Man Utd team 3 times.

Let's not be fearful of sales but embrace the development of Wolves.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in out, in out, you shake it all about.....

Doh sorry..... thought the OP was hokey cokey

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama only goes if he wants to.
He is our ace in the hole. If he gets his head turner as happens to players on occasion then maybe he will leave in summer, but you can get that Wolves, Nuno and Fosun don't want that to happen.
Yes we could make a profit. But rare players like Adama don't grow on trees at any cost.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if Podence signs and fits in, we will sell Adama for loads and reinvest in the team. We could even sell Neves also, for a combined profit of 100 million and buy loads to move to the next level. Thoughts?

A tad easier to read it in this form.

Last edited:

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Liverpool fans were saying much of the same when they sold Coutinho
No completely different. They had Salah and Mane and used the money to buy Allisson and Van Dijk. Yes it would have been hard to watch him go but they had a good squad and good replacements lined up
This thread is suggesting buying a very talented yet unproven player he replaces Adama which he doesn't.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dislike this thread........ very much, where’s the bloody button :cool:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I think the original poster is nuts, I have made the connection in my head at least that this might be what we are doing.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is having a purple patch. Remember he was god awful in the PL. Yes, he's maturing and improving, but he needs to prove it's not just a temporary run of good form before someone drops mega bucks on him I think.

I remember Mido, Michu, Amr Zaki being "the next big thing" after a good run, they all turned out to be flashes in the pan.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like this thread.
Please, everyone, insult the op.
Thank you.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama is having a purple patch. Remember he was god awful in the PL. Yes, he's maturing and improving, but he needs to prove it's not just a temporary run of good form before someone drops mega bucks on him I think.

I remember Mido, Michu, Amr Zaki being "the next big thing" after a good run, they all turned out to be flashes in the pan.

This is partly why I think we'd sell if a huge offer came in for him

Back
Top Bottom