Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players that you wish could have stayed with us longer...

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are there any players that we've had on loan, a short term contract or generally moved on prematurely for whatever reason that you wish we could have retained for longer?

Two stand out for me:

Hans Segers - I thought he was superb during his short time with us. I can remember his first game for us and he was incredibly lively and seemed to ooze enthusiasm. Would loved to have seen him stay around for longer.

Emmanuel Frimpong - I don't think I need to explain why really. Its fairly obvious.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sami Al-Jaber.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Walters
John De Wolf - pre injury
Geoff Thomas - pre injury

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Robbie Keane - the only time I have written to the club was to plead with them not to sell him. Got a short standard reply from John Richards' PA and then they sold him!

G

gricey88

Micheal McIndoe - quality left foot just thought he was moving to better things when going too bristol city (hand over mouth sniggering)

D

Deleted member 4152

Geoff Thomas and De Wolf, we would have been promoted both seasons if those two had stayed fit, and then it all would of been a whole lot different...

Lee Howey has a lot to answer for!

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the obvious one is Peter Knowles, Robbie Keane another one

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Sunderland
Steve Daley
Peter Knowles
Tim Flowers

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player i liked to watch and was sold quite quickly Chris Marsden.
Think we sold Mark Venus too early but did have a good career with us.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jim Melrose back in the 80s. scored some goals but we couldnt afford the £50K to buy him. The relegation slide continued..........

E

Edgmond Wolf

Lots of players

Matt Murray - injury
Lescott - moved on
Keane - moved on
Craddock - grew old
Bull - grew old
Ince - grew old

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Player i liked to watch and was sold quite quickly Chris Marsden.

<sniff> personal <sniff> problems <sniff> allegedly <sniff>

But agreed - had the ability and skill to be an excellent player, just not the aptitude.

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon if lescott had played the 03-04 season we'd have stayed up and citeh would've most likely been relegated. How times move on!

A

Apocalypse Now

Matt Murray must be another one too.

Surely we kept Matt much longer than maybe we should have done.

Dougie Freedman.

People I wish we had kept fit longer
Tony Daley
Steve Froggatt
Geoff Thomas
Jackie Macnamara
Peter Shirtliff
Matt Murray

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Robbie Keane - the only time I have written to the club was to plead with them not to sell him. Got a short standard reply from John Richards' PA and then they sold him!

Good on yer, nnw.

I spoke to John Richards and Colin Lee at the Wolves team hotel -Stadshotellet - in Sölvesborg on the pre-season 1999 Tour of Sweden.

I asked them not to sell Robbie Keane, and suggested building a Wolves team of the future around him...

Wolves had arranged a BBQ at the team hotel for the players and fans after the last match which was brilliant of them. Free beer for the fans too!

The season started, and Keano scored the winner in Wolves 1-0 win at Man City, shown live on Sky. Then he was sold to Coventry for six million quid, about 10 days or so later.

A

Anglian Wolf

Peter Knowles first and foremost - then Robbie Keane

Other than that would have loved Bully to have stayed with us forever at the peak of prime

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with Dougie Freedman. I thought he was good in the games I saw him play in for us.

He left on bad terms didn't he? What was that all over?

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good on yer, nnw.

I spoke to John Richards and Colin Lee at the Wolves team hotel -Stadshotellet - in Sölvesborg on the pre-season 1999 Tour of Sweden.

I asked them not to sell Robbie Keane, and suggested building a Wolves team of the future around him...

Wolves had arranged a BBQ at the team hotel for the players and fans after the last match which was brilliant of them. Free beer for the fans too!

The season started, and Keano scored the winner in Wolves 1-0 win at Man City, shown live on Sky. Then he was sold to Coventry for six million quid, about 10 days or so later.

I was there that day at Main Rd, I was 12 and my brother was 16, he almost got arrested by GMP, that would of been difficult to explain to my olds. Anyone else remember Nicky Weaver's elbow on Keano?

I remember being kept behind and scurrying around moss side, not fun. Now live in Manchester.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Peter Knowles first and foremost - then Robbie Keane

Other than that would have loved Bully to have stayed with us forever at the peak of prime

If only that were possible Anglian Wolf.

I would happily give all our current squad away in exchange for that.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
Jim Melrose back in the 80s. scored some goals but we couldnt afford the £50K to buy him. The relegation slide continued..........

Agreed. Melrose is the one that stands out. The year is 1984. We have been relegated from the First Division and a man called Tommy Docherty is our manager. Somehow Tommy gets a talented young striker on loan from Celtic. He scores 2 goals in 7 games and wants to join us. Celtic offer him for £50K. We can't afford it, so he goes to Man City. Man City are promoted, and Wolves are relegated again, and again.

Back
Top Bottom