Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players should chip in from their wages for our Wigan away tickets.

B

Big George

Regardless if we are down or not.

£20 a ticket x 5000 fans = £100,000.

I know I'm in cloud cuckoo land but our wage bill easily exceeds £100,000 and look at the $$$$ we have had to pay to watch this season, about time we got something back IMO...

Also Moxey could take up the full allocation without $$$$ting himself that he will lose money.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kent_wolves_29

If I was a player, that would be something I would think of doing.....
Thing is, I'm not.

L

liquidatorwolf

If I was a player, that would be something I would think of doing.....
Thing is, I'm not.

The problem is the fact that quite a few players grew up purely playing football, rarely watching it, they have to play and train on saturdays etc. so some of them don't understands the lengths that the fans go for their team.

B

Brandons gramps

I had to laugh on Friday during Sport Relief when they announced that the Premier League had raised £200,000.

Rooney must've donated a weeks wages then?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had to laugh on Friday during Sport Relief when they announced that the Premier League had raised £200,000.

Is that all the premiership raised? How pathetic and embarrassing!

L

liquidatorwolf

Funny thing is that money probably came from the fans, correct me if I'm wrong

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 things

1) They couldn't afford a day out with Burton.

2) They wouldn't keep up.

$$$$ 'em I'll buy my own ticket :)

E

Essex Wolf

Regardless if we are down or not.

£20 a ticket x 5000 fans = £100,000.

I know I'm in cloud cuckoo land but our wage bill easily exceeds £100,000 and look at the $$$$ we have had to pay to watch this season, about time we got something back IMO...

Also Moxey could take up the full allocation without $$$$ting himself that he will lose money.

Great idea bar one thing. They don't give a stuff about the fans.

Many of the so called stars of the squad will be wanting away once Wolves are relegated. Playing for Wolves is just another pay packet.

B

Batman

Yeah stuff em - Wouldn't want them to think they could buy me off for being rubbish all season. By buying me a ticket for a game in which we'll already be relegated anyway.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More chance of us qualifying for Europe than this happening or good old Jizz giving something back to the away fans, of whom many clubs would give their right arm for.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps Henry & Co should put the £100K behind the bar. Then when we get relegated we can drown our sorrows with the mother of all sessions and we will have forgotten everything by the next morning

E

Edgmond Wolf

Thats a pitiful amount for the Greed League they should hang their heads in shame greedy $$$$$$s

D

Dewsburywolf

Is that all the premiership raised? How pathetic and embarrassing!

£10 (which is what I usually donate to such causes) out of my monthly £1300 wage equates percentage wise to what from a Premier League players wages?

C

crasm98

£10 (which is what I usually donate to such causes) out of my monthly £1300 wage equates percentage wise to what from a Premier League players wages?
if wayne rooney is on £200,000 a week then a months wages without sponsors would be £800,000. So his donation for the cause at your rate would be approx £6,150...

C

coxywolves

More chance of lee hughes putting on free coach travel than this ever happening

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I depise ideas like this.

Players (because they are paid disgusting wages) are the first thing that people think of when it comes to getting them to pay for

Nurses Charities
Armed Forces Charities
Tickets for disruntled fans..

Like it or not its their money and nobody should be shamed into a corner to pay from their own pocket.

Im all for them doing it out of the goodness of their hearts but not made to do it.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I depise ideas like this.

Players (because they are paid disgusting wages) are the first thing that people think of when it comes to getting them to pay for

Nurses Charities
Armed Forces Charities
Tickets for disruntled fans..

Like it or not its their money and nobody should be shamed into a corner to pay from their own pocket.

Im all for them doing it out of the goodness of their hearts but not made to do it.

It is not the players but the club that should pay for it...the club pay the silly wages.

Competing in " a great competition" and "the best league in the world"......

Yet, not critising but praising the situation!.....the players, like the owners and CEOs are just milking the situation and getting what they can from it.....taking the fans for a ride.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if somebody offered you those wages you'd turn it down? Yeah right.

We are all jealous that they live the dream of playing football. Good luck to them all. Grab what you can.

It's no different to us applying for a job with a salary increase (granted...on a smaller scale) They shouldn't feel presurised into giving any of their wages away. Alot of footballers do some amazing things for charities. More than any of us do that's for sure.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

We are all jealous that they live the dream of playing football. Good luck to them all. Grab what you can.

It's no different to us applying for a job with a salary increase (granted...on a smaller scale) They shouldn't feel presurised into giving any of their wages away. Alot of footballers do some amazing things for charities. More than any of us do that's for sure.

I'm not......but the problem is they aren't playing 'football'.....what a lovely 'jolly' it is, I agree! :D

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would not care two hoots whether I earned 20,000 a week or 200,000 a week.

The money is meaningless. Why do so many want more when they already have enough - more than enough- to secure them for life?

When the club are relegated how many will show ' loyalty' to the club? How many will look to their own personal greed and 'ambition' instead of staying on very good money and play for the club?

I would be happy playing my entire career at the club for a fraction of what they earn. Say 250,000 a year or less.

Players have been allowed to become bloated on meaningless amounts of money which no human being really needs or could spend on anything 'sensible'. Add in CEO millionaires and that is just taking the $$$$ while the fans pay more for less.

I am not jealous. I am frustrated and angry that a piece of my 'culture' has been hijacked by another 'culture'. A culture which says what you are paid and possess in material wealth is a sign of 'success' -even though in the case of our club we have seen some of the most boring football devoid of creativity and 'failure' by almost certain relegation.

What will Jez be doing this summer? Where will the players be? What lifestyle do they enjoy?

In their own terms, Have they deserved those lifestyles given the $$$$-poor 'entertainment packages' served up this past few months?

Oh and many of us do tremendous things for charity. What have earnings got to do with it?

Feeling in a low mood about things of late. Any other time, i'd totally be up for this (away day aswell as being the last game of the season)..

What's wrong with me?
ch3knerdfail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom