Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Player of the Season

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thoroughly spoilt for choice this year but my Top 3 would be:

1. Adama - has had long spells this season where he has pretty much carried us as an attacking threat. Frighteningly good. Frighteningly entertaining to watch. And perhaps most frighteningly of all, I still think he has more improvement to come. Going to be very hard to keep hold of him with the size of some of the clubs sniffing around but I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching a Wolves player as much as him.

2. Neves - Since we switched to 3-4-3, he has been absolutely imperious and, in my opinion, consistently outperformed Moutinho which is no mean feat. Tremendous defensively, pure quality on the ball. Another who is going to play at the very top and I just hope and pray it’s with us.

3. Raul - 26 goals (and counting) at this level is a remarkable achievement (especially in a side which doesn’t create the same amount of chances as the Big Four). Hard working, brave, technically excellent and fully deserving of that famous Number 9 shirt. Si Senor indeed...

Honourable mentions for Patricio and Coady for playing every minute of every game, and being consistently excellent across the whole season. Patricio has probably been the most consistent keeper in the League and Coady is the heartbeat of the side both on and off the pitch. International recognition would be thoroughly deserved.

And all this before we mention Doherty (8 goals and 5 assists from wing-back), Boly (the upturn in our defensive form is largely due to his return from injury) and the Moroccan Prince who has acquitted himself superbly in the back three.

Young Player of the Year: Neto.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoroughly spoilt for choice this year but my Top 3 would be:

1. Adama - has had long spells this season where he has pretty much carried us as an attacking threat. Frighteningly good. Frighteningly entertaining to watch. And perhaps most frighteningly of all, I still think he has more improvement to come. Going to be very hard to keep hold of him with the size of some of the clubs sniffing around but I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed watching a Wolves player as much as him.

2. Neves - Since we switched to 3-4-3, he has been absolutely imperious and, in my opinion, consistently outperformed Moutinho which is no mean feat. Tremendous defensively, pure quality on the ball. Another who is going to play at the very top and I just hope and pray it’s with us.

3. Raul - 26 goals (and counting) at this level is a remarkable achievement (especially in a side which doesn’t create the same amount of chances as the Big Four). Hard working, brave, technically excellent and fully deserving of that famous Number 9 shirt. Si Senor indeed...

Honourable mentions for Patricio and Coady for playing every minute of every game, and being consistently excellent across the whole season. Patricio has probably been the most consistent keeper in the League and Coady is the heartbeat of the side both on and off the pitch. International recognition would be thoroughly deserved.

And all this before we mention Doherty (8 goals and 5 assists from wing-back), Boly (the upturn in our defensive form is largely due to his return from injury) and the Moroccan Prince who has acquitted himself superbly in the back three.

Young Player of the Year: Neto.
Can't argue with that logic. At a push I would just give it to Raul. Adama second with Neves 3rd but its wafer thin between them

Neto a clear winner for young player

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves for me too, I’m just shocked that more people don’t get how good he is. He is ridiculously good, and it’s a joy to watch him. Adama is still improving, next season he could be up for major awards if he improves again. Raul is amazing too, again another who should shake Nunos hand everyday to say thank you as I credit Nuno with making Raul the most talked about striker at the club since Bully

That’s my top 3, but one unsung hero is Rui, I think 13 clean sheets? Almost faultless and does things with the minimum of fuss making people think it’s easy, he’s a model pro

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama for proving the doubters and naysayers wrong and for such sheer hard work to make such a huge improvement.

Honrable mentions for Raul,Neves and Rui.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They would be my top 3. It would be Raul for me.
Neves had an off patch at the start of the season. Since then he's been superb and would possibly be my player of the season, but I can't ignore that bit of the season.
Tempted to give it to Adama; his emergence this season has been a joy to watch. At times this season we have struggled to create anything without him being on the park.
But I'm gonna have to give it Raul, who has simply been the complete centre forward. On top of that he's added to his game this season the ability to get a goal when he isn't even playing particularly well.

Boly is disqualified as he was injured for a big chunk of it, but I genuinely believe if he was fit during that 13 game unbeaten run we would be 3rd now. Other mentions go to Coady, who I think has looked fantastic since around december, Jonny who has been very consistent, and the doc has been very inconsistent, but has still managed to get amongst the goals.
I could go on and mention pretty much everybody. We really are in a good place right now.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves, kept saying Moutinho is the best player to wear a Wolves shirt in my life time but not anymore. Our No 8 is something. Amazing player.

Pips Adama.
Moutinho is in slight decline albeit still a great player. Neves gets better and better. What a role model to have had for the last two seasons though! I agree that although it's tight he deserves it.

D

Deleted member 4152

Neves for me too, I’m just shocked that more people don’t get how good he is. He is ridiculously good, and it’s a joy to watch him. Adama is still improving, next season he could be up for major awards if he improves again. Raul is amazing too, again another who should shake Nunos hand everyday to say thank you as I credit Nuno with making Raul the most talked about striker at the club since Bully

That’s my top 3, but one unsung hero is Rui, I think 13 clean sheets? Almost faultless and does things with the minimum of fuss making people think it’s easy, he’s a model pro
Neves is so good, I absolutely love him.

Rui, stopped my next door neighbours lad in the street the other week. “You like Wolves?” He said. Erm yes.

Rui gave him one of his tops. Top bloke. Doesn’t seem to do anything spectacular does he. But his handling is superb.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean it's so obviously Adama, surely?

As good as Raul has been, half of his goals have come from Traore. He's unplayable 90% of the time and the most exciting player I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt.

Enjoy him whilst we can.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama easy. As everybody says - he's a beast and then some. Like Nuno, feel there so much more to see from him, not least on the goal scoring front.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it very hard to look past a player who's scored 26 goals and is an absolute talisman for this side.

But

Neves and Adama have been sensational, but this season Neves has really moved onto another level.

Can we have a joint award?!

Young player - Neto, has to be

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a testament to how brilliant our team is that who ever you mention you think someone else is also deserving.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves for me, the space he creates himself in the tightest of situations in unreal. Then some of his passes are pure filth. Effortless, majestic and calm.

Joint second
Traore and Raul.
Traores improvement has been great to witness, but inconsistent over the whole season.
Raul, unbelievable workrate, has it all. Every goal is different.

Neto, young player of the season. Going to be great to watch him progress and see if he reaches his potential.

D

Deleted member 5962

Jimenez for me. If not for him we would be closer to the **** end of the table than fighting for Europe.

Others may have had higher highs, but they have also had lower lows. Jimenez has been the lone standout across the whole season for me.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God it's great to have so much choice! For years it just felt a bit like a least worst award....
Neves for me, an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly.
Take him out and our draws maybe wouldve been losses.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, pounds to results ratio, no-one can beat Docherty. Every season. I would say Bennett was even more value for money, but I can't for two reasons, 1. He left for Leicester mid-way, and 2. Okresh would have a baby.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Patricio has been performed better and far more consistently than any other player in our squad. It will go to Adama i think, but as good as he has been in spells, he hasnt been as consistently good. Neves has quietly just got better and better as the season has gone on. Then you also have Boly and Raul. My top 3 would probably be Patricio, Adama and Neves though. I just think Rui deserves it. Nobody has been as consistently good. If an outfield player performed to his level every week it wouldnt even be debatable.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think Patricio has been performed better and far more consistently than any other player in our squad. It will go to Adama i think, but as good as he has been in spells, he hasnt been as consistently good. Neves has quietly just got better and better as the season has gone on. Then you also have Boly and Raul. My top 3 would probably be Patricio, Adama and Neves though. I just think Rui deserves it. Nobody has been as consistently good. If an outfield player performed to his level every week it wouldnt even be debatable.
Agree, Rui has been the most consistent and has improved massively from last season, he would get my vote. But I couldn’t argue if Raul, Neves, Boly, Doc, Adama won it either. Such a good team!

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest compliment I can give to the quality of our squad and the consistency of our performances is I honestly don’t know who I’d give it too. Would be one of the following but I can’t split them:
Raul
Adama
Neves
Boly

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama without a shred of doubt.

He has carried us for long periods this season,and at times been our only attacking threat.

Raul and the rest of the team depends on Traore performing,and he has been worldclass throughout this season.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like asking me to pick my favourite child.

Even when you get past the obvious contenders for the award, you've got the likes of Saiss, who slotted seamlessly in at the back; Dendoncker who did likewise and also performed wherever else he was asked to play; Captain Coads; Neto who, if he has the desire; can reach the very top; the wing backs; Rui; Moutinho, our 5'7" of football heaven; Jota who, even though things haven't always gone for him, still gives the full 100% and gives the opposition defence a torrid time.

No passengers here at Molineux.

Back
Top Bottom