Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Play Neto on the left

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON said, Neto was on the right, as per plan, to target Ake...who is slower than Walker.

Both goals came from right.

I also recall, when Neto joined, he said preferred the right.

PS...our last 3 goals have come from Neto playing on the right....plus...

...he crossed from the right for the Sasa winner v Everton

Last edited:

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeps up this form till Xmas and he's our record sale in the january window, we've got to settle the tax bills some how.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Take the point about running at Ake rather than Walker. However in general I would return to the point that the right of the 3 in a 343 or 4231 isn't the same as the right of a 442.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see all the gossip accumulators are desperately trying to flog him to Arsenal or Liverpool come the summer.
Can’t really blame him when big boys come knocking, but would probably feel a bit Kightly-ish since we’ve been paying him handsomely on the treatment table for knocking 2 years.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON said, Neto was on the right, as per plan, to target Ake...who is slower than Walker.
I heard it differently. That GON said he didn't want Neto to be forced into deeper positions by having to track Walker (who has a role which involves stepping up into midfield). By playing Pedro on the right he would always be upfield with space to attack in front of him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's generally been very ordinary on the right. He's always been disciplined and hard working there but never good there. Something has clicked with him the last couple of games because he's got that swagger and confidence back. Maybe thats all that was lacking with him there, a little self belief.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
watching the highlights it seems he has been made the main man by GON. Every time we got the ball we looked for him and he seemed to have a slightly freer role.

Let’s hope he can get at the Villa defence on Sunday. You would anticipate emery may have a plan to try and stop him.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
watching the highlights it seems he has been made the main man by GON. Every time we got the ball we looked for him and he seemed to have a slightly freer role.

Let’s hope he can get at the Villa defence on Sunday. You would anticipate emery may have a plan to try and stop him.
He's not going to know which side he'll be on though which is a bonus.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's generally been very ordinary on the right. He's always been disciplined and hard working there but never good there. Something has clicked with him the last couple of games because he's got that swagger and confidence back. Maybe thats all that was lacking with him there, a little self belief.
Neto himself is crediting GON with his transformation

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He had 2 awful injuries in succession.

It just takes a good season to get back up to speed.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The only way you stop him is either man marking him or doubling up on him. Either way it should mean more space for the other forwards.

My villa supporting mates have been at me all week for Cunha’s lack of goals so I’m hoping he wins it for us Sunday!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's had some very good performances on the right, but also on the left. When managers were getting stick about playing him on the right, it happened to coincide with a general drop in form following 2 bad injuries.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto just isn’t very good.

Agreed. Hopefully comes good with minutes and find his old form but I can't see it happening anytime soon if I'm honest.

Over complicates things and a rusty first touch.

Possibly the most overrated player of the fosun era.

Best place for him is the bench.

Spot on
Neto keeps slowing the game down due to the majority of the time looking inside

He’s crap when he plays on the left too. He’s been crap for about 3 years.

It’s not rubbish mate, it’s an opinion. In my opinion he’s not a great player. He is quick, and has an occasional bit of skill, but he can’t cross and he can’t shoot. Hence his extremely poor goals and assists records.

We may just have to accept that Neto is not going to be the player we all thought he would become, injuries have taken a toll and he looks a shadow of his former self.

I'd sell for a half decent offer, to be honest.

All these opinions are within 2 months old.

See why we need some patience sometimes?

Wolf of Salop

Groupie
Reaction score

Correct.
Enough people have been left with egg on their faces however it's all about opinions so no hard feelings towards those above. I just hope people can learn from this and not write some of our other players off- as we've seen they could be completely and utterly wrong.

DJLWolf

Reaction score

I'm absolutely delighted to see him playing so well - I'm not one of those stubborn fans that won't be happy when I'm proven wrong if its for the good of the club.

However, after being dreadfully out of form or on the treatment table for 2.5 years, I want neto to prove me wrong and show this form all season, not just 5 or 6 games.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Neto performing better because we have become a bit more direct in the attacking third under Gary O'Neil than we was under Lage and Lopetugui...... obviously he seems fully fit but his best form before always came with a direct style over a more conservative approach.......under Lage in particular, he was forever delaying a cross or a shot which predominantly resulted in him losing possession....is the current direct style helping his game.....

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Neto performing better because we have become a bit more direct in the attacking third under Gary O'Neil than we was under Lage and Lopetugui...... obviously he seems fully fit but his best form before always cane with a direct style over a more conservative approach.......under Lage in particular, he was forever delaying a cross or a shot which predominantly resulted in him losing possession....is the current direct style helping his game.....
The counter attacking style suits our players so much better because we have too many players who aren’t confident on the ball to play any other way

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who isn’t confident on the ball?
Kilman and Dawson aren’t brave enough at playing it forwards quickly enough and lemina more often not wants to take the easy option backwards

The CBs are so fundamental to a back 4 playing on the front foot. Every other team basically treats them as CDMs

Back
Top Bottom