Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Play Neto on the left

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is left footed. Often he will try to cut inside to play it onto his left foot, resulting in the chance going.

Since the powers that be can't seem to see this despite being paid millions to understand it, clearly they have to be told.

Nunes on the right, Neto on the left. Watch the improvement.

Thanks Jeff, you can send me the large cheque in the mail. Take it from the people you pay all the money to who can't seem to get it.

R1ch

Reaction score
Should have sold him when he was worth something don't think he's as good as people think and the next long term injury isn't far away. Hopefully he's on the bench against Everton

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is left footed. Often he will try to cut inside to play it onto his left foot, resulting in the chance going.

Since the powers that be can't seem to see this despite being paid millions to understand it, clearly they have to be told.

Thanks Jeff, you can send me the large cheque in the mail. Take it from the people you pay all the money to who can't seem to get it.
Shouldn't a Premier league footballer be able to use both feet?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd start him on the bench, he doesn't deserve to be starting. Fed up of him throwing his hands in the air when he doesn't receive the ball. Hwang or Sarabia should be starting over him.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said this on numerous posts on MM..
Pedro has got his speed back now after his bad injuries and he can glide passed players on the left hand side and put and instant dangerous cross in from the byline back towards to our players and away from the defenders. Plus he must have scored the majority of his goals from the left hand side of the pitch. Where no doubt about it he is more direct on goal without any hesitation.
Whereas on the right more often that not he hesitates and cuts the ball back inside onto his stronger foot allowing defenders to get back in that split second or so.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nunes best position is centre midfield.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on
Neto keeps slowing the game down due to the majority of the time looking inside

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Throws his arms around too much for me, doesn't seem to be much a team player, is being played on the wrong side though in his defence. We can all see it except the people that matter

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He’s crap when he plays on the left too. He’s been crap for about 3 years.
Sorry just rubbish. He had a terrible injury, he came back and wasn't ready and then made to play on injured, so out again. Last two games he has looked much more his old self, he's had numerous chances to cross the ball and cut back inside. I'd love to see him at least occasionally trust his right, but I'd love to see him on the left much more.

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry just rubbish. He had a terrible injury, he came back and wasn't ready and then made to play on injured, so put again. Last two games he has looked much more his old self, he's had numerous chances to cross the ball and cut back inside. I'd love to see him at least occasionally trust his right, but I'd love to see him on the left much more.
It’s not rubbish mate, it’s an opinion. In my opinion he’s not a great player. He is quick, and has an occasional bit of skill, but he can’t cross and he can’t shoot. Hence his extremely poor goals and assists records.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Sorry just rubbish. He had a terrible injury, he came back and wasn't ready and then made to play on injured, so put again. Last two games he has looked much more his old self, he's had numerous chances to cross the ball and cut back inside. I'd love to see him at least occasionally trust his right, but I'd love to see him on the left much more.
It was his own petulance that got him the second injury against West ham last season after his come back from the original injury.He was clearly frustrated with his own poor performances and put in a very awkward tackle that put him on the sidelines for about 5 months again.

And he was playing on the left that day........

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It’s not rubbish mate, it’s an opinion. In my opinion he’s not a great player. He is quick, and has an occasional bit of skill, but he can’t cross and he can’t shoot. Hence his extremely poor goals and assists records.
Well respectfully it can be both your opinion and rubbish. As indeed could also be true of my opinion that he is finally fully fit and would contribute plenty on the left.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another player who received the honour from molmix of becoming better and better each week he didn’t play. 12 career goals and everyone was expecting him to be messi last year

floydstreet

Reaction score
Funny because four days ago everyone was saying how well he played. Almost like this site is prone to total utter over reaction

For what it’s worth

I said the same
Play him on a he left
All the goals I’ve seen him score have been left or inside right, he’ll cross quicker abs more naturally also rather than cutting back and slowing down play.

The question therefore is
Can Hwang play on the right ?

bully9

Reaction score
Last Monday he played right wing and it was a master plan , all the managers come out now and say what a waste of time , Molineux mix for ya

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last Monday he played right wing and it was a master plan , all the managers come out now and say what a waste of time , Molineux mix for ya
Last Monday many on here were concerned with the decision to play him and Nunes on the wrong sides and hoping that it was a one-off.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely. Very easy to defend against on his wrong side.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Also, when your 'wingers' are on the opposite sides, their starting positions are deeper, so they have time to cut inside. The deeper inverted wingers then have a knock-on effect to the fullbacks being deeper too.
Brighton were almost playing four upfront at times, with their 'wingers' further forwards than their strikers at times.
Also, playing inverted wingers, you're telling the defensive opposition what your going to do nine times out of ten.... go inside.
Had Neto been on the left his starting positions would have been alot further up the field, which would have made there defence think twice.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's going to play on the right he needs to stay much narrower and allow semedo into the wide position, so he has the option to pass to semedo to put a cross in or go inside and shoot/ pass through the middle.

Neto wide right just isn't very effective.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may just have to accept that Neto is not going to be the player we all thought he would become, injuries have taken a toll and he looks a shadow of his former self.

I'd sell for a half decent offer, to be honest.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The inverted winger is probably more common than traditional winger nowadays but players who succeed there are able to ghost inside without slowing the game down and thinking about it. Look at Mitoma today, he just glides past players and cuts inside even though everybody knows that’s where he’s going to go.

Neto is too stop start in his play to be successful on the right at the moment, the constant cutting back onto his left is holding attacks up - he needs to ghost inside naturally and not stop, turn 180 degrees a few times and then run out of options.

Back
Top Bottom