Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

places to eat

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
so peeps, we keep seeing that wilco has a lot of great things to offer, i like eating out, where do people rate?

I love malabar on penn road, the kings repose is decent, the thai by beatties also good pre-civic

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Anchor (formerly the Fox and Anchor) in Coven by the Three Hammers is decent for pub/restaurant food - it's been recently refurbished and under new management since last summer that's improved it a lot as previously was a bit hit and miss on there.

Agree on Kings Repose - consistently nice food in a lovely setting - though we also use the Qmin in Wednesfield a lot for a nice tasty curry - take your own drinks in there too which keeps the price down.

Although it's a chain I think Bella Italia in Bentley Bridge is always nice and it's done out pretty nice too - wheras the independent Italian restaurants in the area we've tried seem to be great on 1 occasion then average on the next.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i avoid chains wherever possible unless taking the kids out for an easy dinner

only really tried the italian by Banks's in chapel ash, been a couple of times always been great food. Quite pricey i suppose but i dont mind if its worth it

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentlands , Codsall....Great menu and selection of real ales ......Buffallo wings in Jack Daniels sauce to die for

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
oh yeah forgot maxims, used to like it in there

greyhound in penn used to be good with black country menu but they got rid and now it looks like a standard pub menu

W

WasStefan

Went to Kings Repose few months back. Good food but overpriced. Just as good curries can be had for half the price.

**** service also, truly rude staff

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
crown at wergs, great food but full of wannabe WAGS
i stopped going there after i had mild food poisoning on a couple of occasions, the last one being some lamb kebabs that weren't cooked properly.

Hamiltons is good on west park. As is Sir Jack's.
Fiume (italian) in compton is lovely better than its sister place - bella in chapel ash (which i think has declined in quality)
Darcy's (Mediterranean) in ironbridge is good.
Old smokey bbq in shrewsbury is the best smokehouse food i've had outside of usa.
Istanbul Restaurant -Turkish - in shrewsbury is also very good.
ANother Shrewsbury one is the olive tree (tapas)
Cafe Soya - (Vietnamese and Chinese fusion) - in brum - not much to look at but good food

I'm told there is a good thai place in Broseley. Haven't been there so I dont know.

Last edited:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romantica, Fiume, Kings Repose, Masons are my general go to places, depending on what I fancy. Bradford Arms (once you get inside) is fantastic too especially for the price. If anyone is in Aldridge anytime soon I would recommend Shireens, that has really came on in the last year or so. If your holidaying in Tenerife I insist you go to Biancos.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is bradford arms the one near the manor, indian bbq?
It is outside of Walsall, near bescot. One of those pubs which was going down the swanny and turned into a Pub/Indian and its turned around. The area is a pits but the food is fantastic. Good beer too. Similar to the Talbot in hill top which again despite being in the middle of a **** tip, the food is absolutely banging... infact I would say it is better there than the Bradford Arms.

ladywolf

Reaction score
Italian- Love Fiume. Best Italian in town and even my Italian friends say so! Bella in chapel Ash and Rosse e Nero in town I’d decent.

Steak - Not Wolverhampton but Fiesta Del asado on the Hagley road do the best steaks around. And those garlic chips are to die for.

Hickory’s smokehouse in wall Heath is good too. American style!

Not mad on Indian so can’t recommend.

I do think we need a good Mexican restaurant, Chiquitos is terrible. Not found a good Thai restaurant either.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is outside of Walsall, near bescot. One of those pubs which was going down the swanny and turned into a Pub/Indian and its turned around. The area is a pits but the food is fantastic. Good beer too. Similar to the Talbot in hill top which again despite being in the middle of a **** tip, the food is absolutely banging... infact I would say it is better there than the Bradford Arms.

yeah been in the bradford then, looks dodgy with a crapy car park but inside is ok, good gin selection and bbq is great. Will def check out the other if you say its better

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Italian- Love Fiume. Best Italian in town and even my Italian friends say so! Bella in chapel Ash and Rosse e Nero in town I’d decent.

Steak - Not Wolverhampton but Fiesta Del asado on the Hagley road do the best steaks around. And those garlic chips are to die for.

I do think we need a good Mexican restaurant, Chiquitos is terrible. Not found a good Thai restaurant either.

theres a reasonable thai in sedgley in the back of an old pub, the wolvo one isn't bad either

love hickory, haven't tried the argentinian yet cut its always fully booked at good times, but its on my list

W

WasStefan

Thai restaurant in Wolves by Beatties its the dogs

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A short train journey away in Penkridge is the Littleton Arms where the food is sensational. They do a lot of game i.e. Venison and Pheasant. There is also a great pub there called the 'Horse and Jockey'. Everyone in there is a Wolves fan including the landlord and landlady. Really nice old fashioned pub full of Wolves memorabilia and they show all the games. Steve Bull spent an evening in there recently.
If you ever get out to Stafford The Swan is also very good.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm told there is a good thai place in Broseley. Haven't been there so I dont know.

The wife & I tried that place last Summer - perfectly nice but not anything super-special we didn't think. And not cheap!

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best Indian I've tried is the Bradford arms in Walsall. Can comfortably feed me and the Mrs for £15!
The Indian pubs have taken curries to the next level. Makes the Pakistani/Bangladeshi restaurants look very poor in comparison.

Best steak is without doubt, Fiesta del asado on the Hayley road (not just for the waitresses either!!).
The steaks are on another level, whenever someone mentions miller and carter to me I just shake my head and feel the need to educate them!

Italian- haven't really tried many so would love a recommendation Bella Italia is ok but I don't really like chains, I like to be surprised by something unique, and you'll never get that in a chain!
Same goes for Jamie's Italian only much more expensive and much more disappointing ( the cheeky ****er blames Brexit for his restaurants closing he wants to look at his bloody food!).
The hickory smokehouses are brilliant,(I know what I said about chains, but they are small and independent) the one in castle brom has a kiddies cinema too. The sharing platters are great if you want to try a bit of everything.. £40 too so it's a cheap date!!

old gold barmy army

Reaction score
Chilli peppers in Willenhall,gets my vote. Been 3 times excellent service and food. Don't have alcohol licence, you take your own booze. Booked a table and 5 of us went after Sheffield Wednesday game. Had starters, mains and desserts plus 2 rounds of soft drinks £122. Decent portions, was stuffed when we came out.!!

W

WasStefan

Chilli peppers in Willenhall,gets my vote. Been 3 times excellent service and food. Don't have alcohol licence, you take your own booze. Booked a table and 5 of us went after Sheffield Wednesday game. Had starters, mains and desserts plus 2 rounds of soft drinks £122. Decent portions, was stuffed when we came out.!!
Heard good things bout that place never tried tho

W

WasStefan

Well we have been very impressed the 3 times we have been. My wife likes the clove in Willenhall and I rate chilli peppers better mate.
Clove is ok never found it anything special

Will try chilli peppers tonight.

I'm hookee on Spice Lounge - Willenhall Rd so that's my benchmark

old gold barmy army

Reaction score
Clove is ok never found it anything special

Will try chilli peppers tonight.

I'm hookee on Spice Lounge - Willenhall Rd so that's my benchmark
Is that the one near Middleton foods.? Seen when coming out of town after the football. I am more of a cod chips and mushy peas man so don't go overboard. I have chicken tikka Masala, don't do hot and spicy just medium. The lad loves his curry and had madras which he said was lovely. Hope you enjoy.!!!

W

WasStefan

Is that the one near Middleton foods.? Seen when coming out of town after the football. I am more of a cod chips and mushy peas man so don't go overboard. I have chicken tikka Masala, don't do hot and spicy just medium. The lad loves his curry and had madras which he said was lovely. Hope you enjoy.!!!
I'll eat any type of curry and yes that's the one. V good food

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Where does the best carvery? Got family coming up from London in a couple of weeks and we always go for a meal, wanna go somewhere nice!

D

Deleted member 3573J

I live by chilli peppers, you'd probably exit the island sharpish if you just viewed it from the outside but it is indeed top grub.

D

Deleted member 3751

Slightly out of Wolves but Staffordshire Grill in Brewood does as good a steak as I've ever had, you pay for it mind!

Back
Top Bottom