Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peterborough friendly

E

Essex Wolf

Cheers for the link and from those few minutes the game looked exactly what it was, a pre season friendly.

Cambswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I went last night with 5 wolves and 3 Peterborough we all sat with the wolves. I enjoyed the game and liked how we controlled much of the game and the boys seemed fit and comfortable on the ball. I personally thought they wanted it more than us and when we were getting tackled the players looked shocked at why should someone challenge them like that without any real dirty tackles. The Peterborough 12 & 23 looked strong and perhaps agressive in their play. I liked how the work rate of dicko and Leon put so much pressure on the Peterborough defence you could see they were do scared. Many times through balls got played and I thought certain midfielders could have made the challenge but pulled out so perhaps under instructions not to go silly?? I think we should always take the positives out of a game rather than harp on about the negatives and when sako or mac picks the ball up we looked exciting and we played well at what was for long periods a training season keep ball game and we must remember that Peterborough were one of the best sides in the league we have just got out of. I think we still need a couple of additions to add some class to cut sides apart as the level of the championship is very high. Stears was good last season and very good at his time at Ipswich but didn't have a great game last night and with rickets and goldborne wanting to push so far up the pitch at some we are going to get unstuck by the better teams. I am sure we can all name a good 8-10 championship sides who are on paper better than us. We need more out of the players and kJ to get us anywhere near the play offs I'm afraid.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll be pretty flexible with it.

I don't mind playing it towards the end of matches but I wouldn't like to see it as the formation to start the season with so much better qualities available in a 4 2 3 1.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at formations in pre season I would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom