Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Whittingham Passes Aged 35

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
UPDATE - 2:15pm on Thursday 19th March: Cardiff City sadly confirmed has passing.

UPDATE - 1pm on Wednesday 18th March: He is in hospital, fighting for his life with head injuries sustained by falling down the stairs

ORIGINAL POST:

The former Aston Villa, Burnley, Derby County, Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers man - only 35 years of age, has reportedly passed away following injuries sustained in a fall at his home.

He is seen as a Cardiff legend, for his contributions in his 10 year stay between 2007-2017 and particularly during the promotion season of 2012/2013.

May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow that's no age at all. RIP

ladywolf

Reaction score
Not yet confirmed but I fear it is true. If so awful news.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Michael Chopra seems to think it's true so I presume it is. Very sad news, he was one of those players who maybe wasn't consistent enough to hit the very top, but had tremendous quality and always seemed to do well against us. Felt like he scored a 25 yarder every time we played Cardiff.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the Cardiff forum it seems it happened a little while back and he's been in a coma since but took a turn for the worst recently. RIP if true.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a real shame. Weren’t we in for him for a couple of seasons running?

Good player, as mentioned, always seemed to tear us apart.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemed to be a consistently solid performer for what felt like decades! Always seemed to be amongst the goals.

Turns out he’s only months older than me. Very sad news. RIP

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I know Wiki isn’t the oracle but his death is being listed as today

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. I certainly wasn't expecting to read that when I opened the thread. Very sad.
He was a player for a while that I really wish we had. Lovely technician and passer of the ball.

S

ShropshireLad

Sad news, indeed.

I personally know of two people who died that way...as well as Sandy Denny. Always take care whilst on the stairs!

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Great player, wonderful left foot that oozed class on the pitch. What a shame. God Rest.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute tragedy
Thought and prayers to all his family and friends at this sad time

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sad news, indeed.

I personally know of two people who died that way...as well as Sandy Denny. Always take care whilst on the stairs!
Sad news, indeed.

Someone I worked with died like that-he was drunk .Also,thevhusband of a friend of my wife was going upstairs and his mother in law started to come down so remembering not to cross on the stairs he turned round to go back down but slipped and fell down about 6 steps .He jumped up but said he felt dizzy so went for a lie down, slipped into a coma and never regained consciousness.So sad.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sad news. What an awful year so far.

might be mixing things up but did he score two free kicks in the same game against us once? Always thought he was one of those players who was top class in the championship.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible new,My thoughts go to Peter's family and friends.RIP Peter.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful news.

He didn't fall down the stairs though, involved in something at a pub in Barry.

S

ShropshireLad

Someone I worked with died like that-he was drunk .Also,thevhusband of a friend of my wife was going upstairs and his mother in law started to come down so remembering not to cross on the stairs he turned round to go back down but slipped and fell down about 6 steps .He jumped up but said he felt dizzy so went for a lie down, slipped into a coma and never regained consciousness.So sad.
Tragic! One of the cases I referred to above was someone who’d been drinking - was a neighbour of my uncle in Whitchurch.

Back
Top Bottom