Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Enckelman

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC7D15uYXOI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLcF_C0wgKs[/ame]

5-and-a-bit years after the blunder, and it seems that karma has finally caught up with Enckelman. Does this deserve its own thread? Probably not, but his conduct in the face of a complete $$$$ was exemplary, so I, for one, am pleased he'll finally get his day in the spotlight.

D

Dewsburywolf

Like the saying goes every dog has it's day and he sure as Hell made a Dog's Dinner of that pass back/throw in. :eek:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It touched his foot on the way in otherwise they would have had to re-take the Throw In.
TY! After watching football for 45 years I didn't like to admit on here to not knowing if you could score direct from a throw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It touched his foot on the way in otherwise they would have had to re-take the Throw In.

It would have been a corner if it hadnt touched him.

To this day i believe this goal should never of stood. The ref said he awarded the goal due to Encklemans reaction by trying to stop the ball going into the goal ment he must have touched it.

But at the time hardly anyone knew this rule so i doubt that Enckleman would have known it would not have been a goal if he had not touched it.

Ive watched that clip loads of times and i cant tell if it touched him or not so how could the ref be 100% sure it did?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Space Wolf

It would have been a corner if it hadnt touched him.

To this day i believe this goal should never of stood. The ref said he awarded the goal due to Encklemans reaction by trying to stop the ball going into the goal ment he must have touched it.

But at the time hardly anyone knew this rule so i doubt that Enckleman would have known it would not have been a goal if he had not touched it.

Ive watchthed that clip loads of times and i cant tell if it touched him or not so how could the ref be 100% sure it did?

Exactly. Giving the goal because of his reaction was stupid.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spoke with him about six months after that. He swears that he never touched it but also he himself ddin't know about the rule. If I'm harsh, I don't think he's quite top drawer as a player, certainly behind Jaaskelainen and Niemi in the pecking order, but he's a really nice, gentle and courteous bloke who's really worked hard at his game in order to succeed. I really wish him well in the final.

A

Atlas 1951

TY! After watching football for 45 years I didn't like to admit on here to not knowing if you could score direct from a throw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you were ashamed of not knowing, but now that you do know, you can´t help blurting out that you didn´t know before?

I have to say I am confused by this.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wrong.

If it had gone straight into the goal from a throw-in without touching Enckelman then the referee would have given a corner.

You cannot score an own goal from any form of restart.

Back
Top Bottom