Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PES 2008 at 720p or higher on Xbox 360

Salisbury Wolf

Reaction score
I know there are some really serious gamers on here, so maybe someone can help.

I've just bought a new 1080p HDTV and I've connected my Xbox to it using the 360 HD component cable. However, when I run PES it only displays at 480p.

Is it possible to run PES at either 720p or 1080p using the Microsoft supplied component cable or do I need to purchase the Xbox HDMI AV cable? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Blunty SL3

Reaction score
you will need the HDMI cable, but on the back cover of the game it should say what the game can be played in ;)

T

Tuco

As far as I am aware, the xbox will run at 720p only. It's in the settings somewhere on the dashboard As for pes, I'd throw it in the bin and get fifa a much better game nowadays.

The hd cable supplied witht he console is fine. No hdmi cable is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Ettingshall Wolf

I *think* my 360 runs at 1080i and i use the component cable that comes with the 360. You need to go into the 360 settings, console settings and in there is a video setup option if I remember correctly, you can set the resolution in there

Salisbury Wolf

Reaction score
Excellent stuff guys, many thanks. Video setup in console settings solved the problem and I'm now running at 1080p, or so it says :cool:

Is there any benefit to buying the HDMI cable?

M

Mugwump

IMO if your tv supports high def, then go with it. I noticed a huge difference when i connected my xbox 360 to my tv with a hdmi cable. The picture just became so much clearer and a lot better quality. I wouldnt hesitate in connecting using hdmi

Back
Top Bottom