Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Perspective

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy to see us play some nice football and look a real danger going forward. Early days, but lets enjoy it while we can.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we don't become complacent with the 2 wins. I think we need 2 more players, 1 CB and 1 LB to be out of the danger zone next spring.

However, better near the top than near the bottom, (no pun intended)

F

FetishWolf

Can understand the sentiment as we don't want to get too carried away only to fall flat but I'm 30 and yesterday was the best team performance I'd seen at Molineux. Considering we're in the PL for a third season this is definitely the best Wolves team in my lifetime.

Same age, same sentiment

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As well as being more or less the same age, starting watching Wolves the same year and inhabiting in Amazingstoke, I totally agree.

The one thing we just need to remember is not to let it affect expectations. The way the team scored the second and celebrated the second on Saturday reminded me of the way we ruthlessly picked off Forest in the promotion year, and the way we kept the ball in the second half almost brought years of joy as our progress became truly apparent. All that in mind, we will have blips and suffer a loss of form at some point an we need to remember 17th or higher is still the aim.

perspective is a very personal thing though!

i dont think people rate the 2011/12 Wolves as infinitely better than the 2010/11 version, although they probably are.

for many this is best Wolves team of their lifetime, it may not be the best Wolves team of your lifetime, but it certainly is of mine, and i'm by no means the youngest poster on this forum!

to put it in to perspective for you, i am 32 years old and although i was alive when Wolves were arguably a better team than we are now - a League Cup triumph and European football suggests they were - i don't remember it!

Mick McCarthys 2011/12 Wolves are the best Wolves team i have ever seen since supporting the club from 1986 onwards. We were however briefly, top of the entire English League system, it may never happen again - so let's enjoy it.

i am hopeful that this all conquering, table topping, so far unbeaten team with a 100% record will improve on last seasons finish. i don't believe for a second though, that we will be in the top 4 come may.

i do believe that the 2012/13 Wolves will be the greatest Wolves team i have ever seen - i hope you will see this from my perspective and not lay scorn upon my own personal peception.

J

JR's Boots

The best Wolves side we've had since the 50s and 60s were the team from 1972/73. After that we had a decent team in 1980/81 under John Barnwell with Emlyn Hughes etc but this fell apart very quickly.

The current side is the best we've had for 30 or 40 years. If we can keep them together and supplement with additional quality then the future is very bright indeed.

306NOTOUT

Well given our next games are Villa (A), Tottenham (H), Liverpool (A) and Newcastle (H) lets hope we are not going in to WBA (A) on Oct 16 this year needing anything from the game to beat that achievement.

:eek:

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wanted to dig this thread out to remind some people about getting carried away re the appointment of a guy who many of us had never heard of 2 weeks ago.

Lets get some perspective….
- We will lose some of our best players over the summer
- The championship next year is probably as tough as its ever been
- We will bring in new faces who will take time to settle
- The manager will need time to stamp his style on the team

I just hope the people who were talking about Europe and saying the 2011/12 side were “the best Wolves team in my life time†with 2 games gone in the season, and who are now making Solbakken out to be a managerial messiah get a little perspective…next year will be tough. If things don’t go our way, I just hope the fans stick with the team/manager as this will be a long road to recovery IMO.

Wolves: Bi-polar fans are our specility.

W

wanderer24

Just wanted to dig this thread out to remind some people about getting carried away re the appointment of a guy who many of us had never heard of 2 weeks ago.

Lets get some perspective….
- We will lose some of our best players over the summer
- The championship next year is probably as tough as its ever been
- We will bring in new faces who will take time to settle
- The manager will need time to stamp his style on the team

I just hope the people who were talking about Europe and saying the 2011/12 side were “the best Wolves team in my life time†with 2 games gone in the season, and who are now making Solbakken out to be a managerial messiah get a little perspective…next year will be tough. If things don’t go our way, I just hope the fans stick with the team/manager as this will be a long road to recovery IMO.

Wolves: Bi-polar fans are our specility.

You didn't need to dig it up, I remember it clearly and thought at the time you spoil sport; just enjoy the moment. You were right then(more than you knew) and you're right now; and I posted something along the lines the other day. It will be tough and I hope in his first season we cut him some slack and don't let expectation drag us down.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You didn't need to dig it up, I remember it clearly and thought at the time you spoil sport; just enjoy the moment. You were right then(more than you knew) and you're right now; and I posted something along the lines the other day. It will be tough and I hope in his first season we cut him some slack and don't let expectation drag us down.

Agree totally. We should def not go back to teh days when we used to can teh manager every 1-2 years and teh fans need to play a big part in that and try be more level headed.

Back
Top Bottom