Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Perspective needed...

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
we've done fantastic this year and the lads have done us proud. We've made it to and Fa cup semi final and we're challenging for European football.

There are loads of negative threads popping up about individual players and even our own fans but let's take a step back and appreciate how well we've done this year.

I've been gutted the last two days and in a way still am today but we've got a game on Saturday where we can start the healing process. We've got a team of young players who are buying into the club, Neves was at the under 23's yesterday!!! This is the best period in my life time and I'm loving every minute of it, 6 games left let's enjoy it and get behind the team. The board will back us in the summer, onwards and upwards eh!

1965Wolf

Absolutely. We have to get over this in order to help the players move on.

As Nuno said, there was a time for sadness but we now have to use the experience to improve.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of darkness cometh light. We are on an upward trajectory. Time to grit the teeth....Once more unto the breech dear friends, once more.. Let's go out with a bang not a whimper.

Can we get three wins from last 6? 56 points would be brilliant for a first season back. Southampton are playing well and need points - want to see a fighting performance. The future is gold, old gold. Keep believing, heads up, be humble, work bloody hard. Re-group in the summer.

Turn the current negative energy into positive energy on and off the pitch...
Fast.

Mr E

Reaction score
Sunday was amazing and heartbreaking in equal measure. The whole weekend was amazing and this is a team that will give us more of those special days, I'm sure.

Main thing to do now is get behind them and push for that 7th place. Wolves in Europe would be difficult to comprehend.

S

Staten Island Wolf

And...the fighting spirit is back. NOT BAD AFTER ONLY ONE DAY TO MOPE.

D

DanWWFC1988

Wiser words couldn't have been said!!!!

Let's remember wolves 2 seasons ago and realise just how far we have come!!! It's Bostin ;-)

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to take but we've had worse.....would we have beaten City in the final?...probably not....Let's regroup, get our **** back together and enjoy the rest of what has been a wonderful season. Oh and beating Watford at their place with Deeney sent off and banned from football forever would be great...….OK, yep, my moving on is still work in progress.....I'll get there.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Obviously like others I am still hurting but as our one daughter said yesterday yes we wanted to reach the Cup Final but at the end of the day we haven’t actually lost anything.We were striving to win something but we haven’t gone backwards and lost everything.
It isn’t like the Play Offs Final where your season hangs on one game and if you fail you start off again in the same Division on zero points and have to wait nine months to try again .
The hurt will disappear but the pride of what we have achieved won’t and we will definitely be in there pitching again come August.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Sunday was amazing and heartbreaking in equal measure. The whole weekend was amazing and this is a team that will give us more of those special days, I'm sure.

Main thing to do now is get behind them and push for that 7th place. Wolves in Europe would be difficult to comprehend.
Perfect!

Hedge End Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I truly believe that the trip to Wembley was just the first of many big games for this young and inexperienced team. In the two years since Nuno came in this is the first failure (I use the word failure simply because the cup is over and we can't change the result with a good performance next game). Sometimes the setbacks can make you stronger and I believe the hunger will be greater.

As a young lad I remember the semi final of 79 and 81 sandwiching out league cup victory in 80 and a 6th place finish. This team can eclipse those heady days.

D

Deleted member 5910

I'm not normally a fan of the "Look at the bigger picture" posts (that usually come after another disappointing display against a lesser light), but it is warranted this time. Last time we lost in the Semi-Final, it felt like a once in a generation deal. This is just the start of the journey for this Wolves side under Fosun and Nuno.

Strats

Reaction score
"Sometimes in life you have to take a step backwards in order to move forwards" ... and that's what WILL happen from this experience.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not normally a fan of the "Look at the bigger picture" posts (that usually come after another disappointing display against a lesser light), but it is warranted this time. Last time we lost in the Semi-Final, it felt like a once in a generation deal. This is just the start of the journey for this Wolves side under Fosun and Nuno.
Was about to say the last thing. When we lost to Arsenal it felt like we'd never have that opportunity again. This time it feels like we could be back in the semis next season.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday hurt like hell, and it's still a bit raw for me, also the unsporting reaction of some Watford players/ex-players stokes a bit of hatred towards them, but we lost to the better team so fair play to them although I'll be hoping they get absolutely smashed by City. If our players and coaches learn from this game then we will only come back stronger, lets really push on for a 7th place finish and not let our season fizzle out

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beginning to feel much better about things.
Watford tin pot club didn't even sell out their cup allocation .
Caught us on a day when one of our major players, Ruben, had an off day, as did Donck to a lesser extent.
Watford have already had their day at Wembley, the final will be a BIG reality check for them!
All the neutrals I've spoken to were totally sympathetic and in awe of our season's progress.
We are ahead of Fosun's long term plan and in line for a place in Europe .
Finish 7th and in Europe, finish cup runners up, Watford, and in nothing .

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I'm delighted with how we are as a club and a team but perspective is not needed.

There's not a week or even a day that doesn't go by without a Wolves fan somewhere going 'do you know we played Stevenage/Crawley/Swindon 5 years ago today' or that we nearly didn't have a club in the 80s or whatever.

They don't go back to when we were the best team in Europe!

We all know we're great now and I think we all appreciate it. There hasn't been much overreaction to the defeat from what I can tell, in fact we've actually been pretty gracious by Wolves' standards IMO but I'm just fed up of everyone telling us how far we've come! Let's embrace where we are now and look forward.

The Manchester City forum would be a nightmare if they had the same attitude.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunday hurt like hell, and it's still a bit raw for me, also the unsporting reaction of some Watford players/ex-players stokes a bit of hatred towards them, but we lost to the better team so fair play to them although I'll be hoping they get absolutely smashed by City. If our players and coaches learn from this game then we will only come back stronger, lets really push on for a 7th place finish and not let our season fizzle out

Agree with this.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE ARE WOLVES!
This is a new era of adventure....It's happening now!

Sampford Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It was always going to be a fifty fifty game that hung on key moments and that's how it turned out. I keep reliving the chances we had for a third. Cav's chance at the end. John nearly saving the penalty. But of course it doesn't help.

In truth we never really had control even at two nil. Watford's midfield seem to have the sign on us at the moment. For some reason, be it tactical or personnel, we find them more awkward than Man utd and Chelsea.

But whose future is brighter out of us and Watford? We would be very disappointed if it turned out to be Watford, that's for sure.

This is still the best season we have had since 1980 when I was 9 years old and we are only looking to get better. Nuno will make sure we learn from this and next time we will have the benefit of experience as a club. And, unlike 1998, the feeling is there will be a next time.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If we cast our minds back let us all remember how gutted we felt in our blow up season .That was an express train hurtling down the track which eventually ran us over and further compounded by our failure in the Play Offs.12 months later we had to settle for the Play Offs .Both of those seasons were 9 months of highs and lows.Our season wasn’t defined last Sunday merely highlighting how far we have come and whilst there are no guarantees about next year come the close season we should reflect on what a great season we have had ,we will recruit,we are well respected and feted and we will be ready to go again.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

I still believe in this club, our fans, Fosun, Nuno, and every single one of our players. First real setback in two years, as someone said above, and it may just make this hungry pack of Wolves even hungrier for success. You know everyone associated with the club will want to put this hurt we're all feeling right next year, and reward everyone by going one step further. The FA Cup will be a priority next season, no doubt about it.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was always going to be a fifty fifty game that hung on key moments and that's how it turned out. I keep reliving the chances we had for a third. Cav's chance at the end. John nearly saving the penalty. But of course it doesn't help.

In truth we never really had control even at two nil. Watford's midfield seem to have the sign on us at the moment. For some reason, be it tactical or personnel, we find them more awkward than Man utd and Chelsea.

But whose future is brighter out of us and Watford? We would be very disappointed if it turned out to be Watford, that's for sure.

This is still the best season we have had since 1980 when I was 9 years old and we are only looking to get better. Nuno will make sure we learn from this and next time we will have the benefit of experience as a club. And, unlike 1998, the feeling is there will be a next time.

My brother was telling me about an interview with the Watford owner who basically said there model is to bring players through and sell them on, rinse and repeat, haven't seen it myself but would be interested if anybody else has?

If that's true then your whose futures brighter comment holds very true, they also suffer from having a very small fan base and poor infrastructure, this will hold them back forever more i'd imagine.

Back
Top Bottom