Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are stuffed for the rest of this season. Squad is just far too small and cant handle 3 or 4 injuries. The small squad gamble has backfired yet again.
I don’t know why I keep reading this. According to you (I believe) and many others, we were nailed on for relegation. So how is the ‘small squad gamble’ backfired? It’s got us 41 points with 10 games to go and we’ve been in an FA Cup QF. By any measure based on early season expectation, this season has been a moderate success.
Today was horrendous but if our defence had been more solid in the last four minutes, we’d have won that and you’d have been beside yourself.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know why I keep reading this. According to you (I believe) and many others, we were nailed on for relegation. So how is the ‘small squad gamble’ backfired? It’s got us 41 points with 10 games to go and we’ve been in an FA Cup QF. By any measure based on early season expectation, this season has been a moderate success.
Today was horrendous but if our defence had been more solid in the last four minutes, we’d have won that and you’d have been beside yourself.

Sorry but I'm not going to waste my time responding as there is no point going over things again and again. Have a good day.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue with posts like this is you are taking the cerebral, dispassionate mindset of a stock trader: "If in doubt, zoom out" While you are not wrong, it really, really isn't the time right now to remind us how the season has exceeded expectations overall. We should be Wembley bound right now, and who knows if we were to draw a Chelsea for instance, perhaps a Final. Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, ‘It might have been.’...

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
That's not good. At all. We just need to hang on until the end of the season now I suppose. I certainly won't hold my breath for Europe after this news...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue with posts like this is you are taking the cerebral, dispassionate mindset of a stock trader: "If in doubt, zoom out" While you are not wrong, it really, really isn't the time right now to remind us how the season has exceeded expectations overall. We should be Wembley bound right now, and who knows if we were to draw a Chelsea for instance, perhaps a Final. Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, ‘It might have been.’...

Exactly!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the flip-side, let’s sack O’Neill, get rid of the CEO, and never put our faith in our existing playing staff or youth. That sort of turmoil always works….doesn't it?

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I do enjoy these "might have been" moments even with the heartache. Better then the old days of ****ing it up in the 3rd round lol.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I also thought we'd go down. Expectations change over a season, it is unfair to take what someone says in August and use it as a 'gotcha' the following March. Once again I find myself agreeing with you, fair play mate.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the flip-side, let’s sack O’Neill, get rid of the CEO, and never put our faith in our existing playing staff or youth. That sort of turmoil always works….doesn't it?

No one has said that as far as I am aware. Just big disappointment that a poor transfer window and several ones in recent years have maybe cost us dearly today. Stronger options from the bench and in the squad and we win that game today, in my opinion.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on mate. Great post. We lost a fa cup game that we were 'expected to win', we didn't. **** happens.

We're midtable and safe. The constant negativity on here is crazy after a loss

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one has said that as far as I am aware. Just big disappointment that a poor transfer window and several ones in recent years have maybe cost us dearly today. Stronger options from the bench and in the squad and we win that game today, in my opinion.
I’m not disagreeing with that.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Spot on mate. Great post. We lost a fa cup game that we were 'expected to win', we didn't. **** happens.

We're midtable and safe. The constant negativity on here is crazy after a loss
Re: negativity, I said it on another thread, that is one of the drawbacks of a platform where you can voice your opinions instantly as they form in your mind I suppose.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're not a person to be taken very seriously, are you. I don't want Gary to get the sack, so I'm not sure where you conjured this bizarre fantasy scenario from.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're not a person to be taken seriously, are you? I don't want Gary to get the sack.
But didn’t you just post that my comments were sound, but then gave reasons why I shouldn’t post them…? Erm, it’s not me that’s a flipperty gibbert.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge blow for us. Sadly, it’s looking like Neto’s career is going to be defined by injuries. Massive blow for Wolves… but a bigger blow for the lad. What on earth happens in the summer now?

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Huge blow for us. Sadly, it’s looking like Neto’s career is going to be defined by injuries. Massive blow for Wolves… but a bigger blow for the lad. What on earth happens in the summer now?
Not sure re: summer but I would hate for him to be a player who ends up having a 'what if?' career due to injuries. Would be more than upsetting.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be Wembley bound right now,
You almost invariably IMV make valid points but, sorry, I can't agree with this statement, having conceded 3 at home against a side playing a league lower than us. Plus Sa was one of the players who genuinely earned his pay today, with Coventry's 4.4 xG (from memory) not an exaggeration.

Yes, had we had a complete forward line missing - but we still scored twice, which should in normal circumstances have been enough to secure a victory.

Suspect defensively, particularly when moving to a back 4; bringing Doc on to play - or, more accurately, to stand - in front of RAN; allowing Palmer to run the game for 68 minutes;IMV not one of GON's better tactical games.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But didn’t you just post that my comments were sound, but then gave reasons why I shouldn’t post them…? Erm, it’s not me that’s a flipperty gibbert.
That's you knowing full well what I said and meant, and twisting it. All I'm saying is it's an emotional moment right now; you're taking stick across multiple threads because you're seemingly going out of your way to wind people up when they already are wound up.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You almost invariably IMV make valid points but, sorry, I can't agree with this statement, having conceded 3 at home against a side playing a league lower than us. Plus Sa was one of the players who genuinely earned his pay today, with Coventry's 4.4 xG (from memory) not an exaggeration.

Yes, had we had a complete forward line missing - but we still scored twice, which should in normal circumstances have been enough to secure a victory.

Suspect defensively, particularly when moving to a back 4; bringing Doc on to play - or, more accurately, to stand - in front of RAN; allowing Palmer to run the game for 68 minutes;IMV not one of GON's better tactical games.
Thanks! No doubt on the balance of play the better side won. Once I've cooled off I will no doubt doff my cap to Cov, who came here with a clear plan, oozed confidence and belief and capitalised on our soft underbelly. I don't want to take anything away from them at all.

At the same time, I can't help but feel we shot ourselves in the foot pretty much from start to finish. It's a cliche, but on paper we should have had too much for Cov even with our injuries. The players lacked desire, leadership, and we were set up wrong - not even one of Gary's "player goes down with phantom injury so I can rejig the tactics" jobs had the desired effect.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
on paper we should have had too much for Cov
There's a Brian Clough quote that comes to mind here! But seriously, good on you for your level headed takes and being able take what other people say on here into account.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's you knowing full well what I said and meant, and twisting it. All I'm saying is it's an emotional moment right now; you're taking stick across multiple threads because you're seemingly going out of your way to wind people up when they already are wound up.
So I’m not allowed an opinion because what, it doesn’t match yours? Okay mate.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the positive he’ll still be here next season.

On the negative RAN will go….

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
This.

Disappointing display from too many.

We all know the captain is not a natural leader, but his colleagues who are didn't show leadership qualities today, for whatever reason.
Having a captain who is not a natural leader as you put it is a very odd thing for a club to do, isn't it?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably played his last game for us then given news coming out in last few mins.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another player we continue to push too hard, really bad news but seemed inevitable.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best hope is that a UCL club comes in for him who views him as a squad player, not someone who they need to start every week.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are stuffed for the rest of this season. Squad is just far too small and cant handle 3 or 4 injuries. The small squad gamble has backfired yet again.
It is very hard for us to solve the equation of having depth in squad and at the same time good solid starting eleven quality.
The money just isn´t there for us to do both.One of the things have to give.
Look,we barely cleared FFP rules(or what the **** they being called these days)as it is..with the squad being very limited in depth.
We simply will have to chose here..and I do prefer us trying to sign good quality starting eleven players before expanding the depth of our squad.
If we were Man United this wouldn´t necessarily be a problem.We´re Wolverhampton though..and the financial rules will be even tougher in the years to come.
This summer,the funds available to us for signing new players will continue to be very limited.
Unless we can sell Neto or perhaps RAN..there really won´t be any bigger money for us to buy in the market with.

It is what it is.
Isn´t it?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a captain who is not a natural leader as you put it is a very odd thing for a club to do, isn't it?
I get your point but would still say not necessarily. Chilwell (Chelsea, Neto (Bournemouth keeper), Son (Spurs), Fernando's (ManU), Walker and De Bruyne (ManC) have all captained teams where arguably there are better motivators playing alongside.

However, I wouldn't argue that Kilman is one of the most, if not the most - how shall I put it? - 'unassuming' PL. captains.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Pedro Neto,I hope a decent offer comes in for him this summer cause we really need to sell.
I aprechiate Pedro as much as anyone else..but we simply is not in a position where our best player cannot be played for large parts of each season.
The guy simply is injured too much and too severe.He would be perfect for us to sell if any decent offer comes our way.
That is the sad truth as I see it.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said straight after Newcastle, we shouldn’t have been risking him the week after coming off at half time with a tight hamstring.
But - but- but - I was reliably informed on here it was his other hamstring and he had the all-clear! The decision to play him last week might well have knocked £10m off his evaluation, at least. In the current climate of belt-tightening, I am not so sure the big clubs will spend big on a player who has had two hamstring pulls in the same season. Now his season is finished, those clubs have no yardstick to know this won't become a recurring issue.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I get your point but would still say not necessarily. Chilwell (Chelsea, Neto (Bournemouth keeper), Son (Spurs), Fernando's (ManU), Walker and De Bruyne (ManC) have all captained teams where arguably there are better motivators playing alongside.

However, I wouldn't argue that Kilman is one of the most, if not the most - how shall I put it? - 'unassuming' PL. captains.
That last part is what I mean! Glad you get it because I couldn't come up with a word. He just doesn't 'feel' like a PL captain. Doesn't seem like he has that aura or presence, you know?

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not good. At all. We just need to hang on until the end of the season now I suppose. I certainly won't hold my breath for Europe after this news...
Honestly think unless massive summer investment that would be a bad thing hitting Europe. Would love it but not this year.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Honestly think unless massive summer investment that would be a bad thing hitting Europe. Would love it but not this year.
I think I said that in a previous post somewhere- we'd all love Europe, but we don't have the squad for it, and I wouldn't want us to take on the risk of a worse league performance next season.

Reactions: DPE

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sell RAN that's our only hope now, no one's going to want Neto now if they do it's going to be half the price we wanted, sad for him, even worse for a club who are running the sell to buy format

Back
Top Bottom