Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quality was immense, pacy direct, positive. Being a bit of a sad Mccarthyite though, what I really loved is that with 10 minutes left he was running on empty but still chased everything down (while Adama watched on).
Neto’s work rate is phenomenal but unfair to have a dig at Adama tonight. He worked hard tonight Neto is just a freak, not to mention different body types too

Lawndog

Reaction score
Saw his debut against pyunick.......was impressed, mainly, with his work ethic!

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely think he could end up being world-class. Not 21 until March yet consistently putting in top-class performances in the hardest league in the world.

Has absolutely everything to his game. Pace, directness, technically superb and best of all, the work ethic to match the ability.

I loved Diogo but Pedro is the future...

...and that future is now.
Probably our biggest goal threat now after Raul and he does work incredibly hard and the Arsenal full-back had no answer when one on one. Also put Adama to shame late on with his chasing down.
Would have kept Jota too however as no reason they couldn’t have played together.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw his debut against pyunick.......was impressed, mainly, with his work ethic!
He clearly had football intelligence, in early days the worst you come say about him was he tried to hard. Was, is and will be quality. Even if he does just run and run :)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His mentally and talent is incredible.

Reminds me of Di Maria with how direct, quick and skilful he is, but also works so hard off the ball.

He's one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Pedro had been on Strictly tonight he would have been the first to get 11 out of 10 from Craig Revel Horwood!

Have to say I thought he was brilliant tonight. He created, he chased, he harried and ran himself into the ground. Perfect performance.

What a talent we have on our hands at 20 years of age.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A Liverpool fan at work was asking me what I thought when they signed Jota. I said Jota was fantastic but that Neto was three years younger and already at least on a par with Jota and would ultimately be significantly better and everything I’m seeing at the moment supports my belief

He was fantastic today and, at 20, he’s going to improve hugely over the next few months and years with his desire and attitude.

And to think we only signed him as a favour to Jorge Mendes ;)

WolfClaw

Groupie
Reaction score
How ****in good are Lazio that he couldn’t get in their team?!
That was over 2 - 3 years ago, he was 17 when he joined Lazio. He would easily get into their team now, but our response would be....
&%&%%^^&^$$"@****

We apologise for the industrial language.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a massive talent, who has gotten his head down, not listened to the press reports, A FULL international call up and goal, trusts in the process and is very much team focused. He has done all of this in a foreign country at his young age. I have nothing but respect and admiration for him.

he is a player who allows us to break forward and I always have faith in him to turn a game if he comes on. He is some player and I can’t wait to see him every week.

A couple of homegrown lads who we all know could have done with watching and learning from him......

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Liverpool fan at work was asking me what I thought when they signed Jota. I said Jota was fantastic but that Neto was three years younger and already at least on a par with Jota and would ultimately be significantly better and everything I’m seeing at the moment supports my belief

He was fantastic today and, at 20, he’s going to improve hugely over the next few months and years with his desire and attitude.

And to think we only signed him as a favour to Jorge Mendes ;)
I said the same to my M.D, I said in Jota your getting a very special young lad who will prove to be better than an off the bench option by Christmas as with Klopps system he will really shine.
then said, unfortunately u took your prize pool home and didn’t gamble on the younger model who is every bit as good

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedro is absolutely quality but cracks me up how people have to keep saying 'better than Jota'. Its almost like people trying to convince themselves.

Personally think both will go all the way to the very top and Portugal will have some incredible options.

Would love to have seen Diogo in the centre with Neto and Podence either side with Raul up top. Ah well.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player and seems like a great personality too. Always smiling, laughing and joking. Just 20 and he’s only going to get better. Keep it going, Pedro!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Great player and seems like a great personality too. Always smiling, laughing and joking. Just 20 and he’s only going to get better. Keep it going, Pedro!
He just loves playing football.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's a big plus for me. I love to see a player who plays with a smile on his face, helps that's he's ****ing brilliant as well.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedro is absolutely quality but cracks me up how people have to keep saying 'better than Jota'. Its almost like people trying to convince themselves.

Personally think both will go all the way to the very top and Portugal will have some incredible options.

Would love to have seen Diogo in the centre with Neto and Podence either side with Raul up top. Ah well.
Just posted that to remind some people, of the special quality we've got, and for them to forget about players who have left

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's my favourite player at the moment. You forget how old he is and how much he's improved over the last year.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was at university between 2009-2012 I lived with and became very close friends with a couple of Arsenal fans. We all lived and breathed football, and watched every game going. Naturally, Arsenal were on TV twice a week, so watched a lot of them. One of the things they got me into was an Arsenal podcast hosted by Alan Davies, which I always found extremely funny and still listen to today.

On his rant this week about how terrible Arsenal have become and the match against us, little snippet on Neto:

"Wolves have two of the fastest wingers I've ever seen in my life. I thought Traore was fast - until I saw Neto."

He really is starting to turn it on, the way he carries the ball past players, his delivery when crossing at pace always seems spot on, and now he's started to score goals. Bellerin is one of the quickest full backs in the league but Neto beat him a few times for pace, with and without the ball.

Pretty scary really given his age. Potential is absolutely massive.

He's also quite clearly a great laugh and loved by his teammates and staff.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When I was at university between 2009-2012 I lived with and became very close friends with a couple of Arsenal fans. We all lived and breathed football, and watched every game going. Naturally, Arsenal were on TV twice a week, so watched a lot of them. One of the things they got me into was an Arsenal podcast hosted by Alan Davies, which I always found extremely funny and still listen to today.

On his rant this week about how terrible Arsenal have become and the match against us, little snippet on Neto:

"Wolves have two of the fastest wingers I've ever seen in my life. I thought Traore was fast - until I saw Neto."

He really is starting to turn it on, the way he carries the ball past players, his delivery when crossing at pace always seems spot on, and now he's started to score goals. Bellerin is one of the quickest full backs in the league but Neto beat him a few times for pace, with and without the ball.

Some serious pace between Neto / Traore / Podence.

Any defence would look at that line-up and think FFS!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some serious pace between Neto / Traore / Podence.

Any defence would look at that line-up and think FFS!
The thing is all three run at pace with the ball and go past men like they weren't there. I always thought Diogo was quick with the ball at his feet but had a tendency to go through players rather than round them but these three are something else. We've been crying out for a ball carrier who can beat players and we now have three with a formation that allows them to flourish.

Robertson last year said marking Traore was his worst nightmare, well with these three many defenders will have twisted blood. I wonder how many hamstrings might go after 10 minutes like they did occasionally last year after facing Traore.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a big plus for me. I love to see a player who plays with a smile on his face, helps that's he's ****ing brilliant as well.
He has a very expressive face, if you've noticed he can look gleeful, happy miserable, angry and more. I'm waiting for a ref to book him for giving a nasty glare. :sweatsmile:

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Pedro Neto is our most Raul-like player and potentially has all of the attributes to step into that role"

Change my mind :cool:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'll jump on the jota v neto debate. Jota was my favourite wolves player, possibly of the last 40 years of supporting our lot. I liked his direct play, he was quicker than he looked and definitely stronger than he looked. I loved how he put in 100% and had a real desire to win. An absolute joy to watch but is and was a total confidence player. He looked "shot" at the end of his wolves career and forcing things.

Neto for me is a rolls royce of a player, he has that elegant way about him, likes hes playing in carpet slippers and gliding about. That left foot of his is special and hes got great delivery and accuracy. For me, in 3 years time when he's Jota's age he will be much more of a player. He can be whoever he wants to be and if we can keep him for those 3 years ill be happy.

Reaction score
I love Neto, always a sucker for a young player in the hope they’ll be the next big thing and he seems to be blossoming into that. Liked him chasing the ball down in the 80th+ minute to pressure them between defenders and goalie when we were under the cosh. Undoubtedly agree he could go the furthest of anyone in our team currently. Seems a long time ago that him and Jordao signed out of the blue for what now seems like peanuts for what he’s become, and hopefully Jordao can follow suit.

R

reanswolf

He reminds me of a modern-day Dave Wagstaffe, with a wand of a left foot. So hard to mark when he has pace like that. Totally different type of player to Jota and not really comparable for me. But he has a real eye for goal.

Definitley a star in the making.

RobB

Reaction score
I remember old floppy chops Redknapp drooling over Neto when he was a pundit for the Anfiled game, say what you like but old floppy chops always was a good judge of talent.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been amazed at Neto's progress and that is testament to Nuno and his team as well as the player himself. When he first played, one could see that he had something but was raw, made poor decisions and just ran at defenders with his head down. In what is a relatively short time, he's matured wonderfully and looks up more to see what is available. He's still going to make mistakes as he is still learning, but fully deserves to be one of the first names on our team sheet and has a great future ahead.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His determination to try things on the pitch and be unhinged and to go again if it doesnt work reminds me of C.Ronaldo in his first two seasons at United before it clicked.

His ceiling is the highest in the squad.
Completely agree and the Ronaldo comparison is a good one (even though there is clearly a size difference). He's a brave lad in that he tries things at times and will lose the ball, but that doesnt make him hide he keeps on trying as he has confidence in his ability. I like he has a bit of swagger because the best players do.

Hes transformed since covid and im sure playing behind closed doors has helped him (I think the same will happen with Fabio) but he'll ramp up even further when crowds are back, Neto looks the sort that a passionate crowd behind him will spur him on further.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neto doesn't bring the game to halt, before accelerating either, which is what Traore does. Even though Neto has slightly less pace (must still be one of the fastest in the league, probably Europe), I think he's more effective because he can receive the ball while moving and keep going, which leaves defences struggling to get into shape. With Traore, that "stop and stand still before accelerating he does, although he gets past the man, the defence have time to get back.

Neto's strike rate has always been OK? I think he scored on his debut and has scored consistently since, based on his time on field. His goals per minute rate in the League last season was better than Jota's.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto doesn't bring the game to halt, before accelerating either, which is what Traore does. Even though Neto has slightly less pace (must still be one of the fastest in the league, probably Europe), I think he's more effective because he can receive the ball while moving and keep going, which leaves defences struggling to get into shape. With Traore, that "stop and stand still before accelerating he does, although he gets past the man, the defence have time to get back.

Neto's strike rate has always been OK? I think he scored on his debut and has scored consistently since, based on his time on field. His goals per minute rate in the League last season was better than Jota's.

You can talk Adama down all you want but without him we don't score either of those goals the other night tbh. Both bring different important attributes. I love them both.

I guess what I'm getting at with the goals is that last season, in the league, Neto scored three goals and got three assists in 29 appearances. Admittedly most of his appearances were off the bench. He's scored three and two assists in 10 games this season. So is seemingly taking his chances more.

He just looks much better at the moment than he did last season. Looks stronger, more confident, you actually feel like he's going to complete a cross or finish a chance off when he's around the box. It's good to see.

Just had a look out of curiosity - last season, in the league, Neto averaged a goal every 309 minutes. This season so far it's every 254 minutes. For comparison, Jota last season scored every 329 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom