Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Paul Mariner

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad news. He was a decent centre forward in a very good Ipswich team, Mills, Butcher, Wark, Gates, Muhren, Thijssen, wow the name rattle off. That period from '78 (when they won the FA Cup) to '82 they always finished very high up Div 1 and of course won the UEFA Cup. Like I said, sad news. Condolences to friends and family. RIP Paul - a fine England centre forward. Hope the boys do your memory proud tomorrow.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad news. He was a decent centre forward in a very good Ipswich team, Mills, Butcher, Wark, Gates, Muhren, Thijssen, wow the name rattle off. That period from '78 (when they won the FA Cup) to '82 they always finished very high up Div 1 and of course won the UEFA Cup. Like I said, sad news. Condolences to friends and family. RIP Paul - a fine England centre forward. Hope the boys do your memory proud tomorrow.
And don't forget Kevin Beattie! (pronouced 'Bait-ie' by all true Tractor Boys fans!).

When I lived in East Anglia late 70s, used to go down there a lot. Great footballing side in them days, were Ipswich.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I used to buy the Sports Argus it covered local minor league match reports. Probably when is his 40s he was playing for a West Midlands minor league team - can’t remember which one unfortunately.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Condolences to his family & friends. I always used to get him in my sticker packs and can remember his mullet type hair. A good forward though and according to form a thoroughly nice bloke.

Back
Top Bottom