Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Patrick Cutrone (don't mention food)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously though, what's happening with this guy. If he's not shipped out, he has to be worth a squad number? Capped by the Azzuri ffs.

I never watched him and thought he's a terrible footballer. In fact from what I've seen he's better than and would be more useful than Hwang.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think he was that bad. Had the right pedigree, probably not the right attitude. Surprised he hasn't had a decent-ish season elsewhere.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously though, what's happening with this guy. If he's not shipped out, he has to be worth a squad number? Capped by the Azzuri ffs.

I never watched him and thought he's a terrible footballer. In fact from what I've seen he's better than and would be more useful than Hwang.

I often thought Cutrone was not a very good footballer. Those several one-on-ones he missed. The composure of a plate of jelly on a washing machine during spin cycle. Occasional clips of him missing sitters while at other clubs, before invariably falling out of favour and dropped. But you're right, he's better than Hwang.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I often thought Cutrone was not a very good footballer. Those several one-on-ones he missed. The composure of a plate of jelly on a washing machine during spin cycle. Occasional clips of him missing sitters while at other clubs, before invariably falling out of favour and dropped. But you're right, he's better than Hwang.
But crap at selling shirts in South Korea apparently

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not very good doesn't mean terrible though. I just thought in lieu of any backup, he's a better option.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's good enough for the Premier League. He seemed like the Italian Michael Branch - good brief run of form as a youngster in his home surroundings, but without the quality to sustain it or succeed elsewhere. Add to that the language barrier and it doesn't seem worth keeping him around.

It'd be better just to cancel the final year of his deal and let him try and find an interested club in Serie B or a newly-promoted Serie A side. He probably isn't too keen to lose the very nice wages we are paying him though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to know where he and Bonatini are training. Both have vanished.

Koop

Reaction score
I'd absolutely take him over Hwang at the moment, he used to get himself in some decent positions (granted his missed all of the shots) but I'd rather watch that at the moment than Hwang running about aimlessly with the touch of a brick wall and the finishing ability of a bag of crisps.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you have to Seperate his ability from his personality/attitude.

He’s got something about him, he’s showed it very briefly here but prior to that at Milan and got international recognition. Unfortunately he got sold to us without ever wanting to really be here and as reported at the time was a grumpy character around the house place in a very United squad so rightly got sent out on loan. Several loans haven’t worked out and he’s at a crossroad now where his career is going down the pan. Earns too much here for someone in his homeland to take a punt and probably doesn’t want to lose his lucrative wage (why should he?) to rip his contract up. He’ll see his contract out here and rebuild his career back home in the second tier. Shame all round really.

JaseWWFC

Reaction score
Would love to know where he and Bonatini are training. Both have vanished.
Saw him last week 12th of August flying out of Birmingham Airport with his partner.My daughter stopped him and had a photo with him.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I've not really paid attention to this, but are we OK to name Cutrone in our PL squad, or are we running short of overseas spots?

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Cutrone must have ****ed a few ppl off at the club big time to be treated like he has been. Shame coz there is a player there. Heard him in an interview a few years ago and he speaks great English so that isn’t the problem. It hasn’t worked at any of his loan clubs so I guess he’ll just play out his career at some second or third division Italian club. We’ll be lucky to get any money for him now. What a total waste of money.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been said before, but I think he was a victim of circumstance here to some degree.

Brought in when we were still playing 5-3-2 to compete to play alongside Raul, but Traore's emergence saw us ditch this and play a lone central striker. He was never going to be chosen in that role over Raul.

Couple that with him maybe losing motivation after failing abroad and being ditched by his boyhood club.

Sad really. He's not the worst footballer, but could also be so much better.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramos wouldn't count....under age ...23...
Just to clarify, it's players born on or after Jan 1st 2001 that don't have to be named for this season

So Ramos doesn't count being born in June 2001, but it's not U23s that's the threshold, Neto is 22 and will have to be named

Screenshot_20220824-143400_OneDrive.jpg

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone must have ****ed a few ppl off at the club big time to be treated like he has been. Shame coz there is a player there. Heard him in an interview a few years ago and he speaks great English so that isn’t the problem. It hasn’t worked at any of his loan clubs so I guess he’ll just play out his career at some second or third division Italian club. We’ll be lucky to get any money for him now. What a total waste of money.
Think the issue is he never settled and turned into a sulk. His loans haven’t helped because he’s on a fair whack and produced not a lot so I imagine Italian clubs don’t want to take the risk.

He’ll either be paid off or run his contract down I’ll be surprised if he gets another loan offer without us paying a large percentage of his wage. Supposedly on £60k per week, Italian football is on its knees financially barring the top few clubs no one is paying him a third of that

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you have to Seperate his ability from his personality/attitude.

He’s got something about him, he’s showed it very briefly here but prior to that at Milan and got international recognition. Unfortunately he got sold to us without ever wanting to really be here and as reported at the time was a grumpy character around the house place in a very United squad so rightly got sent out on loan. Several loans haven’t worked out and he’s at a crossroad now where his career is going down the pan. Earns too much here for someone in his homeland to take a punt and probably doesn’t want to lose his lucrative wage (why should he?) to rip his contract up. He’ll see his contract out here and rebuild his career back home in the second tier. Shame all round really.
A few people have mentioned the international caps. It's a bit of a red herring though as Mancini was handing them out like free newspapers. He capped loads of players in some bizarre strategy to make them all part of the international team

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few people have mentioned the international caps. It's a bit of a red herring though as Mancini was handing them out like free newspapers. He capped loads of players in some bizarre strategy to make them all part of the international team
I get that. My point was he looked an astute signing, right age, a finisher, played for a top club in Europe but it’s turned into an awful move for him and the club.

Unfortunately it’s the hardest position to recruit. Top forwards, to play centrally on their own are a premium as it’s such a difficult way to play. Hence why we persevere with Raul despite his dip since injury.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
It's been said before, but I think he was a victim of circumstance here to some degree.

Brought in when we were still playing 5-3-2 to compete to play alongside Raul, but Traore's emergence saw us ditch this and play a lone central striker. He was never going to be chosen in that role over Raul.

Couple that with him maybe losing motivation after failing abroad and being ditched by his boyhood club.

Sad really. He's not the worst footballer, but could also be so much better.
Who knows what would have happened IF he had taken of those numerous chances against Everton away?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who knows what would have happened IF he had taken of those numerous chances against Everton away?

I was saying on another thread a few weeks ago, I'd like to see the stats on the overall success rate of strikers who score on their debuts, or in their first few games, vs those that struggle initially.

I bet there's a significant difference!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was saying on another thread a few weeks ago, I'd like to see the stats on the overall success rate of strikers who score on their debuts, or in their first few games, vs those that struggle initially.

I bet there's a significant difference!

In recent memory, our strikers who have scored on their debuts are Raul, Hwang and Bonitini.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theory debunked on that small sample then!

In general though, I think if strikers take too long to get their first goal, they struggle forever. And the top scorers of all time mostly do score first goal for every new club in their first 2 or 3 matches. There's so many tens of thousands in the full sample, anything can happen, though. Look at Almiron..or maybe don't.

Nivada

Reaction score
But crap at selling shirts in South Korea apparently
South Korea has the lowest birth rate in the world with a population that's aging and declining why are we so obsessed with selling shirts there

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure we've had some loan fees to offset the outlay.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's dreadful, technically mediocre and slow. Works hard, seems a good guy. Hwang has more goals and assists for us than him.

Was woeful on every loan spell, got benched by one of the worst teams in Serie A. See if we can get a few quid off his wages till he leaves.

Would rather play one of the kids.

Prime example of why "finishers" are overrated

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bonatini is also in the same boat let's not forget.

What are they actually doing right now? Do we have a new bomb squad?

Back
Top Bottom