Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no fight there. They just roll over. And they lack any quality. Gonna be a long season. They have to get some steel in this team somehow. Some fight and spirit. Oh and of course…they need to ****ing shoot!!!!!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pathetic. As expected.

If that Zaha chance fell to one of our lot they'd have passed it to someone else.

Moutinho - ****ing hell fire.

Even with 20 seconds to go, we get a free kick and instead of putting it into the box pass it back to the ****ing keeper!

Give me 17th in a heartbeat. We make San Marino look clinical.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought the performance was improved.

Can understand taking booby off on a yellow and nunes had done nothing. Shouldn’t have taken Traore off. And moutinho and hodge not a combination to come on and attack a game.

Could be a season when we have the best team on paper I’ve seen and yet we get relegated.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Palace only need to show up and we will automatically self destruct against them.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive opportunity out the window.

Too many subs at once; a fair number of chances not taken despite our lovely goal and a complete inability to nail down their pressure.

A new Gaffer is needed ASAP, Scott Sellars should look for alternative employment and a sharp talking to the boys is required.

This is one of the most talented sides in the club’s history and it’s being wasted.

Adama, Bueno, Collins and Nelson can take credit from that.

Not sure about the rest…

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no fight there. They just roll over. And they lack any quality. Gonna be a long season. They have to get some steel in this team somehow. Some fight and spirit. Oh and of course…they need to ****ing shoot!!!!!
I disagree slightly. We have the fight and desire, we simply don’t have the strength, power and athleticism.

Squad is criminally unbalanced in so many ways.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I thought we did pretty well tbf. Just got to stop fannying around when in the 18 yard box, have a bloody shot! Bueno looked really promising. The subs were bizarre, I can only guess they are having minutes managed. Same team for Sunday but with Guedes starting for Podence.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't really complain. Palace were the better team.

Same story as always for us. Looks nice at times, but we don't really do anything. We don't press well, we don't move the ball quickly, we're rarely very direct. We really need a manager to come in who will give us an identity.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So disappointing yet again this season... We have nothing about us to go and kill a game off sloppy goal given away just after half time. Then the sub of Adama what was that about?!

Really disappointing...

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive opportunity out the window.

Too many subs at once; a fair number of chances not taken despite our lovely goal and a complete inability to nail down their pressure.

A new Gaffer is needed ASAP and a sharp talking to is required.

This is one of the most talented sides in the club’s history and it’s being wasted.

Now that IS a disgrace paraphrasing you know who!

Adama, Bueno and Collins can take credit from that. Not sure about the rest…
Boubs was good as well

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I threw my phone at the TV when we passed it back to Sa with 30 seconds to go

Utter laughable petulance I know, but it sums us up and I am ****ed off with it now

No matter the circumstances, we have no idea going forward and will always opt for the safe option

In isolation, there is credit to some individual performances but we have major major issues

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No fight? That’s the most fight we’ve shown this season. We were well up for it in the first half and deserved a draw overall.

Unfortunately our only viable route to goal (Adama) went off and our chances of winning the game with him.

Played some good stuff at times but a defensive brain fart has cost us a point.

Thought Bueno was outstanding. His energy was infectious and seemed to spread to those around him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref an absolute joke.

Blows up in first half when we have a corner despite us not playing the added time.

Blows up second half before 5 mins are added

No foul on Semedo for a push when he had given about 30 of them to palace players all game.

Joel ward as clear second yellow as you are ever likely to see

Sneazy

Groupie
Reaction score
For the praise and the positives I gave the manager for the first half, I take most of it back for his second half lightweight subs in a game where we knew they would push on us second half.

Things just not going for us either - Neves could of made it 0-2. Bueno brilliant game. Collins good return. Traore’s both good. Semedo superb first half not so good second. The rest - meh.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Told you, the odds for us to go down were way to high, absolute blinder this bet.

And the best part, it'll go on a holiday not a season ticket like the last time.

Hip hip hurrah.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forwards are the difference . Not just in goals , but holding the ball

None of our players can hold off a man and string a pas together apart from traore

Subs were a joke taking off nunes and traore . Honestly what the ****

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent spells 1st half, sums our luck with that neves fk last kick. 2nd half we were woeful. Aside from bueno back 4 were pathetic. Both goals were sunday league defending. Can we get rid of this stupid 3 in the midfield nunes looks lost, palace had so much space in between the lines too. Traore sub was strange thought alongside bueno was our only outball.positives are that bueno and hodge look top talents and put guedes and podence to shame. Get a bloody manager in now ffs

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually I thought it was an improved performance, much better than dross served by Lage. Fine margins.

Exactly what I was going to write. First half in particular, we were so much better.

Could have been 2-0 up on the stroke of half time.

They could (should) have been down to 10 just after their first goal.

Olise touched the ball that should have been our corner just before their second.

Handball could have been given on another day, or the on field ref asked to look at it.

An even more blatant pen when Eze just tripped Semedo on the corner of the box, Lee Mason probably wasn’t even watching his VAR screen.

We easily could have come away with a point from that one on another day. Two moments of part quality from Palace, part bad defending.

One major positive. Take a bow Hugo Bueno!!! What a debut.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best performance of the season. I know that's not saying much.
agree, at least we ran about and looked up for it, we have played for two years without a centre forward we have no idea anymore around the box, tough job for someone to take us out of this.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid first half I felt against a good Palace side that we know are extremely physical, but the goal early in the second half gave them the momentum. Subs changed the game in my opinion, can't take Nunes and Traore off at the same time, we were matching their physicality in midfield but lost it immediately with Moutinho and Hodge in there. Adama was having a decent game as well until he came off, should have been Podence that was hooked.

Bueno impressive debut, held his own against Olise I felt, and the ball for the goal was outstanding, and his general attacking play was excellent. B.Traore fantastic pressing in the first half, really put himself about, something we don't get with Moutinho in midfield. Diego Costa I felt was pretty poor, giving his all no doubt, but just completely off the pace, hard to watch at times. Maybe we'll see a different Costa in January.

Guedes played well off the bench, some excellent crosses, should probably start on Sunday over Podence. Some positives to take from it, but a disappointing result in the end.

Back
Top Bottom