Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1666107903220.jpeg

IT’SS MAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYYY!!

Easy to forget in amongst all the manager chat, that hidden away on a Tuesday night is our next chance for points.

Never a nice place or an easy place to go, Palace. It’s a test of character for fans and players. We have to hope we can stand up to what they throw at us, but also we have enough about us to throw punches back. It’s not a game we should write off straight away but it will be tough.

The bright news is that Collins is back, and with the greatest of love to Toti, he will come right back in next to Kilman. That will make us more solid straight away. The rest of the team may well be similar to Saturday, but I do wonder if Davis will be tempted to rest a few of the more senior players, like Jonny, Moutinho and Costa. Difficult to judge but I predict a team of:

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman Ait-Nouri
Neves Moutinho
Traore Nunes Podence
Costa​

A win would be bloody brilliant tonight, but I think even a point isn’t terrible. We do need to start climbing the table, but we still look a side very low on confidence and belief, so any kind of result tonight will help going into a big game on Sunday.

Whether you’re following from London, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crystal Palace weren't great at Leicester, so we should go their with confidence of getting a result. I know it will be difficult at Selhurst Park, but a win would move us into midtable.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the days when dealing with Port Vale on a night was difficult enough.....Now we have to play Palace and Port vale on the same night .....

And some moan we have a small squad ...

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope Traore is fit!

Palace are an athletic team, games pass by Moutinho too easy these days and Palace won’t be any different to that, quite the opposite!

Whether that’s a 2 of Neves and Nunes or in a 3 with Traore, I would just like to see what’s different rather than keep trying the same option that has worked about 20% of the time for the last 3 seasons.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 consecutive wins, would definitely enhance the positivity of the squad.
Collins return ; 'Costa's improved fitness level, along with Neves growing in confidence as captain, will certainly prove beneficial.

Another 3 points please lads.

PS: Also good luck to our 2nd string v Port Vale!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See-sawing between being optimistic and negative here……

Hope the win last Sat. gave the lads a bit of confidence and take that into the game.

It just might be our day……god knows we’re owed one.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
German based Wolves fans. C. Palace v Wolves on German Sky KO 21:15
1666110835156.png

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
COYW we desperately need to string a few results together, not gonna be easy but even another very unconvincing 1-0 win will do. Please just get it done

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every win gives us a two week breather imo .
Win today and we will be free of the relegation zone for a few weeks.
Making it easier to recruit .

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crystal Palace weren't great at Leicester, so we should go their with confidence of getting a result. I know it will be difficult at Selhurst Park, but a win would move us into midtable.
Their home form has been a bit iffy as well Frank. Beat Villa (big deal) and Leeds, drew with Newcastle and Brentford, lost to Arsenal and Chelsea.

Keep Eze and the irritating Zaha under control and I'll be happy with a 1-1 draw. Just avoid defeat before new head coach is appointed.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Their fans are not confident, and complaining the team is unbalanced and under performing. Having said that they have some quality players.
A point away would be good.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Not able to travel today so will have to make do watching on Prime :(

Hoping that the team can build a bit on the result from Saturday, see more of the intensity that we saw for the first 20 minutes against Forest, and if we can frustrate Palace, and also Zaha, and get their fans on the backs as a result, hoping we can get a result tonight.

No reason for the optimism other than the litmus test of Traore showing a bit of confidence last couple of games, hoping that's an indicator of better things behind the scenes.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time we beat these away? Was it the game in the late 90s when Geoff Thomas and Steve Corica scored 3 goals between them?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time we beat these away? Was it the game in the late 90s when Geoff Thomas and Steve Corica scored 3 goals between them?
Doherty scored in a win against them in our first season back in the Premier League under Nuno wasn't it?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't keep playing Jonny , especially against zahah
I can see us winning this ,,Hwang to score winner

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No more recently. We beat them 1-0 away with a SEB penalty when we got promoted under Mick

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too playing 3 part games in a week will be hard for him in his current build up of fitness.
Agreed I’d rather rest him tonight and let him loose on Sunday.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Dohety scored a late winner with Nuno didnt he?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Probably. They normally have a right back score a hattrick or something.

In fact, might put a quid on Joel Ward getting one tonight.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds got at them and created plenty of chances. No reason why we can’t.

Will we? Not so sure.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kinda forgot we were playing tonight.

Apathy, eh? Funny how quickly it’s all changed.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo in for Jonny, Collins for Toti and with a fair wind and a bit of luck we might get something from this but I suspect Palace will edge it.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well my 11 year old daughter Grace has told me that we’re gonna win 2-1

Back
Top Bottom