Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pablo Sarabia

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This looks like a great deal, but I feel like I need to say something negative about it so I can refer to it later if it doesn't work out. Then possibly reply to every post offering an opposite opinion to try and get a last word, but also complain about others not accepting my opinion and blame them for my need to keep repeating negative projections on a new player.
Ahhhh…..Pontious Pilot in the flesh. :)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s not fair……insane? asinine? Really?

We seen many come with a lot of fanfare but don’t always perform well. I think I’ll take a more cautious approach.

And I wonder what does a paltry £5m get you for the PL these days. You get what you pay for.
We're fighting not to be relegated and we can't score.

We just signed a player with ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE goal contributions in the last 4 1/2 seasons.

And we have people complaining. Do I need to remind you we've scored 11 goals this season?

Yes, it's absolutely asinine.

We're getting him cheap because he wasn't being played much at PSG due to the sheer quality of talent there and he's on big wages (he's now our highest paid player, I believe).

You can't know the results of any transfer when it happens. We could sign Mbappe tomorrow, he could break his leg in his first game, come back 6 months later and never be the same player.

But on paper, for a side fighting just to avoid relegation, this is absolutely massive.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We just signed a player with ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE goal contributions in the last 4 1/2 seasons.

And we have people complaining. Do I need to remind you we've scored 11 goals this season?

Yes, it's absolutely assinine.

We're getting him cheap because he wasn't being played much at PSG due to the sheet quality of talent there and he's on big wages (he's now our highest paid player, I believe).

You can't know the results of any transfer when it happens. We could sign Mbappe tomorrow, he could break his leg in his first game, come back 6 months and never be the same player.

But on paper, for a side fighting just to avoid relegation, this is absolutely massive.
Ok, ok…..I get where you’re coming from but……

you said “You can't know the results of any transfer when it happens.” and I agree. But yet, on your same post, you’re saying that some posters who are questioning this transfer , are aasinine.

Please remember, you don’t have a monopoly on accuracy or feeling that he will score 20 goals a season, ( 105 divided by 4seasons).

You might turn out to be right but I‘ll wait and see. Been down this road before.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, ok…..I get where you’re coming from but……

you said “You can't know the results of any transfer when it happens.” and I agree. But yet, on your same post, you’re saying that some posters who are questioning this transfer , are aasinine.

Please remember, you don’t have a monopoly on accuracy or feeling that he will score 20 goals a season, ( 105 divided by 4seasons).

You might turn out to be right but I‘ll wait and see. Been down this road before.
You just proved my point though... you can't know the results of any transfer. But you can still make good or bad transfers.

This one is excellent.

Of course no one knows if it'll work out because we can't read the future.

It's asinine to call this anything other than a good transfer. However, you can still believe it might not work but that's a completely different topic.

I am right. And so are the majority here. This is an incredible bit of business and a fantastic transfer.

Last edited:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we dont give him a run in a position he thrives in, he wont be effective just like Guedes hasnt been and like how Nunes wasnt when we tried to make him play a role he wasnt suited for.
Good thing he thrives all over the pitch then

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not even close to the same ilk. Two of them have never produced in a big league (Podence, Hwang).

Guedes is the only one of those 3 who had some success in a top league. 11 goals (17 goal contributions) in La Liga is the best season for Guedes. Sarabia's best was 23 goals (40 goal contributions).

Just a slight difference......

That doesn't even mention that unlike Guedes, Sarabia is a tireless worker.

Time will tell!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We're getting him cheap because he wasn't being played much at PSG due to the sheer quality of talent there and he's on big wages (he's now our highest paid player, I believe).

You can't know the results of any transfer when it happens. We could sign Mbappe tomorrow, he could break his leg in his first game, come back 6 months later and never be the same player.

Not complaining.... just questioning if he will just be the same as what we already have.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
This looks like a great deal, but I feel like I need to say something negative about it so I can refer to it later if it doesn't work out. Then possibly reply to every post offering an opposite opinion to try and get a last word, but also complain about others not accepting my opinion and blame them for my need to keep repeating negative projections on a new player.
I try to look for the positives in Wolves players and managers. Sometimes it's hard and in hindsight I was wrong. Do you think it would help if I looked for the negatives? Over the years I would probably be right more often:)

Rauls Headband

Reaction score

Thought I'd start a thread, seeing as Romano has (basically) said "Here we go!" A £4.5m initial fee is absolutely incredible business for a player who got 32 goal contributions in 47 games last season, and an extraordinary 40 in 52 in 2019 as a Sevilla player. He's not even a centre forward :oops:

Got a sneaky feeling this is going to go down as one of the signings of the season. Here's hoping for some great Sarabian nights!
In this picture he has a freakishly resemblance to Jota, I’ll take that as a good sign!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don’t get me wrong, I am delighted that we are doing business in what is usually a difficult January transfer window, but sadly I don’t know much about these players. Maybe I should take more interest in European domestic competitions… :)

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this means potentially 2 out of Guedes, traore, and Hwang might be going

Leaves us in the 3 Costa , Jiminez ( I think he will go) podence, Neto when back , sarabia, cuhna, and one of the other 3 above .

Still think another striker in

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let’s face it if we signed Mbappe he’d do his ACL at the press conference or get violently mauled by the 3 wolves when filming the intro video.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don’t get me wrong, I am delighted that we are doing business in what is usually a difficult January transfer window, but sadly I don’t know much about these players. Maybe I should take more interest in European domestic competitions… :)
Im with you on that! Im really pleased and excited, but having to google all these players…. (apart from Craig Dawson, lol).

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting fans not happy we are getting him so cheap. Even better signing I enjoy annoying that fanbase.
Have you got a link to where the sporting fans are talking about him? It would be interesting to hear their views.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half the cost of Joao Felix loan fee to buy him who did nothing but get a red first game.
Fans forums seem to rate him and think the fee is far too low. Brilliant signing.

Back
Top Bottom