Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pablo Sarabia

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thought I'd start a thread, seeing as Romano has (basically) said "Here we go!" A £4.5m initial fee is absolutely incredible business for a player who got 32 goal contributions in 47 games last season, and an extraordinary 40 in 52 in 2019 as a Sevilla player. He's not even a centre forward :oops:

Got a sneaky feeling this is going to go down as one of the signings of the season. Here's hoping for some great Sarabian nights!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So……

His stats excite me but I have no idea a him.

Winger, attacking CM or treqarista?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near as convinced by this as others. Doubts about the physicality and intensity.

Hope he proves me wrong. At least it's a low fee.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. I just don't see much to suggest he's better than Trincao or Guedes and look how they turned out.

Who do you think we should of signed instead?

We have to be creative in the transfer market after blowing most our budget in the summer.

It’s a risk but I can’t think of anyone who would be better even at 4 times the price.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So……

His stats excite me but I have no idea a him.

Winger, attacking CM or treqarista?

He can do it all, really.

He's played second striker, right wing, and attacking midfield this season. Played some CF last year as well, as well as some LW.

To back up the 'he can do it all', these are his career appearances/output from each position.....

Utility advanced midfielder. Spanish Foden?

Sarabia.jpg

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if Guedes is leaving then?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exciting if true.

But we’re still desperate for an out and out ST in my opinion.
**** me who isn’t? But our creation potential seems to be improving exponentially this window. Cunha for a start and now these? I am salivating. Raul or Costa must be relishing the chance to be in the end of something surely? Exciting times for me

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who do you think we should of signed instead?

We have to be creative in the transfer market after blowing most our budget in the summer.

It’s a risk but I can’t think of anyone who would be better even at 4 times the price.
No one to be honest. I don't think we need another winger. I would have gone for a striker.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does sarabia's goal and assist record at sporting cp compare with trincao?

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one to be honest. I don't think we need another winger. I would have gone for a striker.

You do know our current wingers and midfielders have created **** all for the club in the last 2 n half seasons don’t you?

Cunha is a step in the right direction but we need more than one.

No point signing a striker if we can’t even get the ball to him. We have a £35m striker out on loan who shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our training field let alone our first team squad until we learn how to create chances. But saying that now we have Cunha and Sarabia a new striker will be the final piece.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do know our current wingers and midfielders have created **** all for the club in the last 2 n half seasons don’t you?

Cunha is a step in the right direction but we need more than one.

No point signing a striker if we can’t even get the ball to him. We have a £35m striker out on loan who shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our training field let alone our first team squad until we learn how to create chances. But saying that now we have Cunha and Sarabia a new striker will be the final piece.
Yes, and we heard in the summer that Guedes would solve the issue - after hearing Trincao was a great signing, and Hwang etc. You get the point.

I hope he does well and proves me wrong, I'm just not a massive fan.

At the cost and seemingly an 18-month contract, it's not too much of a risk at all, so it's low risk and probably worth taking.

Reactions: Ian

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How does sarabia's goal and assist record at sporting cp compare with trincao?

Better. Trincao has 6 goals and 3 assists in 25 games. Sarabia got 19 goals and 9 assists in 41 games (15 in 29 in the League). Admittedly, Sarabia played in a stronger side.

Agree we need a striker but think he’ll do a very good job across the front line for us.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, and we heard in the summer that Guedes would solve the issue - after hearing Trincao was a great signing, and Hwang etc. You get the point.

I hope he does well and proves me wrong, I'm just not a massive fan.

At the cost and seemingly an 18-month contract, it's not too much of a risk at all, so it's low risk and probably worth taking.

Clearly none of them have worked out and we ain’t in a position to go into the 2nd half of the season with those players you mentioned as our only options.

Lopetegui hasn’t come here to work with what he’s got. He’s come here to rip the squad apart and build his own team.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nowhere near as convinced by this as others. Doubts about the physicality and intensity.

Hope he proves me wrong. At least it's a low fee.
Everything I've read about him suggests he works really hard, presses well high up the pitch and scores a few plus assists.
We'll see.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Nothing, said it's low-risk and an acceptable price. I just said I don't think he will be as good as others on here do. I hope they're right.
Fair enough, but as you said yourself, low risk and potential to be a match winner if it works out. We will see, but got a good feeling about this guy.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jl has worked with him before so knows he can improve us
For that fee you have to say its a bargain

Back
Top Bottom