Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Other Teams' Transfer Windows

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As several people have said, lots of teams around us significantly outspent us in the window – so who ‘won’ the window?

A few random thoughts from me, but other Mixers will be far more clued in than I am.

Forest – what the hell is going on? Surely there’s someone at the PL who is asking ‘how is this sustainable?’ Wages to turnover at Forest must be way over what it’s supposed to be. (Ditto Chelsea.)

Everton – well, they’re losing both Neil Maupay’s goals, and Iwobi’s. But I thought Beto looked a real beast the other night, albeit only against Donny. Come the next window they could be facing an embargo and a hefty points deduction. Or maybe not…

Palace – shame they held on to Eze and Olise ahead of Sunday

Fulham losing Mitrovic is a big loss, despite signing Raul. But they’ve kept Paulinha, so should be safe.

Blades – McAtee and Archer? Not bad. But the Egans of this world are Championship level players. Speaking of which, my wife is happy with DLS’ business: I think Joel Piroe is a great signing for them, and they must make the play-offs at least.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only will Forest have to pay players that aren’t in their squad there will be a temptation that as soon as a player has a poor game to switch things around so the likelihood of a settled team is low. Add in that most of the players they have signed are nothing special and I think they will struggle. Can see Cooper being first manager to leave.

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't looked properly but Forest must have about 30+ players again. Just seems a complete scatter gun approach to buying anything that moves.

Everton look weaker squad wise losing Maupay, Iwobi and Cannon yesterday.

I would say on paper Everton, Fulham and the promoted 3 will struggle and be below is, can see Forest also being in the mix.

T

TheConcourse

Forest also sold homegrown Johnson for nearly £50m, so that helps them a lot.

I don’t really get what they’re trying to do tbh. Awoniyi is absolutely flying, but they seem to want to replace him with Origi, who always seemed to be about as immobile as a tank - not ideal for a team that only ever counter.

I’d still tip them to drop.
Bournemouth seem to have had the best window at the bottom. Lots of potentially good attacking players. They’ve got a decent side now.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't looked properly but Forest must have about 30+ players again. Just seems a complete scatter gun approach to buying anything that moves.

Everton look weaker squad wise losing Maupay, Iwobi and Cannon yesterday.

I would say on paper Everton, Fulham and the promoted 3 will struggle and be below is, can see Forest also being in the mix.
I agree mate!

With the players we signed we added the strength in depth we needed.

The striker debate is a bit of non starter for me, would have been nice to have one, but we have Sasa and Fabio as classic strikers with farmer as the third choice.

But then we have other options like hwang (when fit)& cunha who can hybrid roles and get into goal scoring positions.

Then we have Neto who can score when fit, our new lad from France who knows where the net is too.

Plus Doc to bring off the bench or start who is a goal threat too!

Plus we have sarabia who can whip a good corner and hit a nice free kick, plus Doyle who also has the ability to do the same.

I am far more comfortable with the squad than I was before the last few days.

With the squad and it’s options, We stay up for me now, regardless of the manager, I think the bottom teams will be (but not in order)

Luton
Shef utd
Everton
Burnley
Forest
Bournemouth

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As for Forest, they lost their best player. Whenever I watched them last season, Johnson seemed their only genuine threat. They are in trouble.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Forest’s front 3 of Origi, Hudson-Odoi and MGW could be a handful and do well.

Is it a better front 3 than Sasa, Silva and Cunha?

Hmmmm, Origi never been prolific but good all round player (similar to Silva but latter not as experienced)
Hudson-Odoi - good player but poor injury record (Sasa is probably a far better goal scorer, if he stays fit)
MGW - we know about him (good but inconsistent, similar to Cunha)

Discuss!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Forest’s front 3 of Origi, Hudson-Odoi and MGW could be a handful and do well.

Is it a better front 3 than Sasa, Silva and Cunha?

Hmmmm, Origi never been prolific but good all round player (similar to Silva but latter not as experienced)
Hudson-Odoi - good player but poor injury record (Sasa is probably a far better goal scorer, if he stays fit)
MGW - we know about him (good but inconsistent, similar to Cunha)

Discuss!
Would take our front three over the front three of theirs you listed any day of the week man for man and collectively.

Taiwo Awoniyi On the other hand…… he is top notch and I am shocked no one took him in the summer window!!

The lad has the perfect physical traits and skills in the box for the prem, he is the player brentford should move heaven and earth for when they move Toney on!

Him at spurs……. That would have been a great fit!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Forest name their 25 man squad they will have 6-8 over 21 first team players not named which will be stinking the place out earning a fair wack.

They will also have 5 U21s who are recent signings not named but eligible to play and expecting to play.

30 players half of which won’t get any game time is a recipe for an unhappy camp imo

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Forest name their 25 man squad they will have 6-8 over 21 first team players not named which will be stinking the place out earning a fair wack.

They will also have 5 U21s who are recent signings not named but eligible to play and expecting to play.

30 players half of which won’t get any game time is a recipe for an unhappy camp imo
Cooper managed it admirably last season, but you wonder how much it takes out of him, and whether he might prefer a quieter ride somewhere. Not sure he'd get the offers, mind.

Back
Top Bottom