Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Otasowie

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owen went to the same school as my daughter, and also with Morgan Gibbs White. She says Owen was such a lovely, sweet lad so seems a shame hes gone off. Morgan however was a right **** she says :)

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owen went to the same school as my daughter, and also with Morgan Gibbs White. She says Owen was such a lovely, sweet lad so seems a shame hes gone off. Morgan however was a right **** she says :)
My Nephew knows Morgan pretty well and while he says he is a decent fella, he's a bit prone to having a strop when things don't go his way and can come across as a bit arrogant.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does seem bizarre that some players can't motivate themselves, or be disciplined enough, to carve out a career. You can understand not everyone has the dedication to play at the very top level, but to totally bomb out of a career where your ability should let you coast through at a middling level is crazy to me.

At first thought, yes. But on the other hand, it often amazes me how succesful young footballers keep motivated given the ridiculous money in the game these days. Many at Premier League clubs could just walk away at 22 or 23 and never need to work again, yet most of them still train hard, give the proverbial 110%, risk injury and so on.

Otasowie is still young, so could sort it out. Though my impression is that in most instances, if they lose the interest, it's gone forever and virtually all never come back. Remember him coming on as sub in a Europa match and putting in a really good cameo, hit the crossbar.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are quite a few professional footballers that only really do it as a job. Ben White is one who I've seen a recent interview with, where he says he doesn't watch football and isn't really interested in it, other than playing it as his profession.
Willy Boly's one. Completely clueless about what's going on in the world of football, apparently.

There's nothing morally virtuous about being good at our caring about football; I hope Otasowie's happy.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought he looked like an accident waiting to happen on the ball. Donkey.

Another Enobakhare
Agreed. Can't remember which game it was he came into midfield and lost the ball every time he got it. Another massively overhyped plodder

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Willy Boly's one. Completely clueless about what's going on in the world of football, apparently.

There's nothing morally virtuous about being good at our caring about football; I hope Otasowie's happy.

Probably stretches to fans as well. If it weren't for Wolves or the world cup i wouldn't watch football. For the most part games are boring and dull and that is amplified when you have no skin in the game..

Reaction score
Probably stretches to fans as well. If it weren't for Wolves or the world cup i wouldn't watch football. For the most part games are boring and dull and that is amplified when you have no skin in the game..
Same as me. Lost interest last few years, espeically with introduction of VAR. Doubt ill watch a world cup game other than England and that'll be a struggle.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.
I watch Wolves, and usually England, but not bothered about Arsenal v Man City for eg. I rarely watchable of MOTD and just scroll through to the wolves highlights on iPlayer; would rather watch wolves u21s or wolves ladies than a non wolves match on tv. Hence why I am astonished about how knowledgeable some people on here are about players and managers I have never heard of, particularly when playing in overseas leagues.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.
I watch Wolves, and usually England, but not bothered about Arsenal v Man City for eg. I rarely watchable of MOTD and just scroll through to the wolves highlights on iPlayer; would rather watch wolves u21s or wolves ladies than a non wolves match on tv. Hence why I am astonished about how knowledgeable some people on here are about players and managers I have never heard of, particularly when playing in overseas leagues.
Football Manager...

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same as me. Lost interest last few years, espeically with introduction of VAR. Doubt ill watch a world cup game other than England and that'll be a struggle.
I find my love of football in a wider context is inextricably linked to how Wolves are doing

First couple of seasons in the Prem I lapped up every game I could

The last couple I've struggled to lap our own games up

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I find my love of football in a wider context is inextricably linked to how Wolves are doing

First couple of seasons in the Prem I lapped up every game I could

The last couple I've struggled to lap our own games up
So true. Have not been interested in football recently.It all revolves around wolves for me aswell.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score

Benoit Assu- Akottu (excuse my spelling), the ex Spurs fullback admitted he didn’t like football, it was just something he was good at.
He trained, played and went home, didn’t watch any other games, it was just a job.
I can relate to this, how many on here actually like the job you do ? It’s just a way of earning money.

R

reanswolf

I know I’m knocking on and outdated as I’m just old school and although I watch snippets of other games onTv I barely take much notice, just Wolves for me…………. Ok and Joao Palhinha.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think clubs should start (if they haven't already), recruiting on the basis of a love or an obsession around the game of football. Like any job, if someone has a passion for it, that will only help their long-term happiness and fulfilment they get from their career.

There are quite a few professional footballers that only really do it as a job. Ben White is one who I've seen a recent interview with, where he says he doesn't watch football and isn't really interested in it, other than playing it as his profession.

I can't agree with that. The reason most professional footballers (I'd argue its far more than quite a few), are so is because they don't watch football as a supporter because they don't have time; they were always playing the game on both Saturday and Sunday......there's your obsession right there.

Of the few professionals i've known, and some pretty dedicated ones in lower league football with 300-400 games behind them.....I couldn't tell you which teams any of them supported. It just wasn't that important to them, they were obsessed with playing because that was their passion, rather than sitting in front of a TV or at a stadium just watching. That would be a waste of their time.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a good point. Up until 5 years ago, anybody watching Wolves and expecting top quality over the previous 25 years was certifiable, me included.
Sticking with it at times had far more to do with the social aspect, fear of missing out, and hope rather than any realistic chance of success.

I remember driving home one rainy Saturday night from some godforsaken hole like S****horpe and we tried to work out how much money we'd spent following Wolves and it was eyewatering. Tens of thousands of pounds in old money....but hard to judge whether it was wasted money or not, we'd had some of the best times ever but also a lot more disappointment.

I remember reading an article about 10 years ago about maturity as you get older, and one bloke said he measured his increasing maturity by realising he'd broken the "addiction" of following his football team through thick and thin....basically ****ing his money up the wall every Saturday and having nothing to show for it, then realising he'd missed out on so much quality elsewhere.
Realising that made him frustrated at missed opportunities, so he just knocked it on the head and decided he would do something else with his time, spend his money on better holidays, go out and learn about something different on his Saturday afternoons.
That sort of thing never worries you in your 20's and 30's....but it should start nagging at you when you get to your 40's and you've got little to show for your devotion.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a love of your club and it’s irrational

I watched Wolves in the 1980s at some real dumps.

I’m watched the kids beat Stockport this season on a Tuesday night.

It’s a passion. It’s a madness

Back
Top Bottom