Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Otasowie

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure whether he really wants to be a professional footballer. He’s come through a different route to academy players having been discovered in kickabouts with mates in London in his early teens. He’s obviously got the talent and the build but it’s almost like he’s got where he has just on that and now that he needs to apply himself he doesn’t. Not saying he hasn’t worked hard previously but it’s the last 10% of effort that separates the almost successful and successful and that comes from within.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have done with a loan in League One/Champ but probably wouldn't have had the desire to learn the hard way.

Makes you realise that MGW has a quality attitude.

Yeah those who make it don't just have natural ability they work hard to get there and MGW seems to want it, he doesn't phone in a performance whilst on loan which a lot of aspiring footballer do, Borthwick-Jackson the perfect example

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure whether he really wants to be a professional footballer. He’s come through a different route to academy players having been discovered in kickabouts with mates in London in his early teens. He’s obviously got the talent and the build but it’s almost like he’s got where he has just on that and now that he needs to apply himself he doesn’t. Not saying he hasn’t worked hard previously but it’s the last 10% of effort that separates the almost successful and successful and that comes from within.

Given the riches that can be earned, I would have thought any young lad would jump at the chance to be a professional footballer. Otasowie was one of the fortunate few that was at a premier league club. I hope he sorts himself out, because I think he could be a decent player, but without the effort he will get nowhere.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him coming on in the Besiktas game a couple of years back and looking very composed in midfield. We were 4-0 up at the time, but his overall poise and technique was evident.

Just goes to show that the right mentality is just as important as the technical side of the game. He's probably still trying to decide whether he prefers modelling or football.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potentially a top notch player but it's clear his attitude is going to hold him back. Needs to change his mentality quick, some players never manage it, but it can be done.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potential like Bright was great but attitude it seems was a problem. Got good money for him and cut our losses.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares, he's no longer a wolf!
To be fair a recent departure, one that many clamoured for to get game time and one that potentially (depending on the nature of the deal - sell ons, appearances etc), we still arguably have a vested interest in them doing well from a financial point of view.

oh and you had enough interest still to click on a thread entitled ‘Otasowie’ ;)

Some people take an interest in things beyond the team that is here right now

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never saw the hype with him
Ive said many times he looked lazy and almost disinterested at times
Without the right attitude you get nowhere in life, and he seems to be heading in that direction unfortunately

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has potential to be a good player but from most accounts likely to fall foul of the no ********* policy so probably best that he left.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares, he's no longer a wolf!
A lot of people were saying we’d made a big mistake so I think it has some relevance, if only so that those of us who said he wasn’t all that can smile to ourselves contentedly.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine we have a sell on clause. Club brugge can do the hard work and we will pick up another couple of million when he is sold on.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never saw the hype with him
Ive said many times he looked lazy and almost disinterested at times
Without the right attitude you get nowhere in life, and he seems to be heading in that direction unfortunately
Lazy, you could apply a
a number of L words,

Languid
Laconic
Lackadaisical
Lethargic
Etc.

Our Kid Wolf

Reaction score
For me this is the exact reason we sold him.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked class when he came off the bench against Besiktas, and I thought he was going to be the real deal.

Was surprised he left, but this is further evidence the club were right to let him go.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously hope he is okay, however he's the next on a long long list of young players who have been given the talent to play a sport for a living and the opportunity of a good career in the game (that others would jump at) who looks like he's going to waste it through no one elses fault but his own.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done wolves for getting rid of the bad egg and getting a good fee.

He might return and play forward on Saturday...... Like Burney away

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked class when he came off the bench against Besiktas, and I thought he was going to be the real deal.

Was surprised he left, but this is further evidence the club were right to let him go.
Thought he was a Pogba in waiting

It's why my contribution to football is talking *******s on a forum

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
There's got to he something deeply wrong here. Can't even speculate, and wouldn't want to, but must be something beyond a poor attitude?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He had all the attributes to be very good. Obviously doesn't have the hunger or the mentality.

As previous posts have suggested, he was spotted kicking a ball around and was never really bothered about football.

I actually think clubs should start (if they haven't already), recruiting on the basis of a love or an obsession around the game of football. Like any job, if someone has a passion for it, that will only help their long-term happiness and fulfilment they get from their career.

There are quite a few professional footballers that only really do it as a job. Ben White is one who I've seen a recent interview with, where he says he doesn't watch football and isn't really interested in it, other than playing it as his profession.

Fair enough, each to their own, but the fact he's going to the World Cup, although justified by his form, grates on me a little, as he won't fully appreciate what it means. On the flip side, if he plays, maybe it will be a positive, as he won't be as nervous as some might.

Contrast it to someone like James Maddison. He has a room at home for all the shirts he's collected from opposition players. He's a football nut.

After yesterday's squad announcement, he posted this.....

Maddison.jpg

That's what you want. Players who care about a job they are very lucky to have the ability to be able to do.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know from my “ITK source” at the club that he was really fancied by Nuno but he grew tired of his antics and attitude. He’d had similar issues as an academy player and they bent over backwards for him as a player with undoubted talent.

Hopefully at some point he’ll realise what he has and fulfill that potential somewhere

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know from my “ITK source” at the club that he was really fancied by Nuno but he grew tired of his antics and attitude. He’d had similar issues as an academy player and they bent over backwards for him as a player with undoubted talent.

Hopefully at some point he’ll realise what he has and fulfill that potential somewhere
Ain't going to happen.
Too much too young.

he was never that Special...or a Little Angel...

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It did seem that way from the outside looking in during that period.

Shame, Nuno could have been great for him had he given it his all.

Reaction score
Does seem bizarre that some players can't motivate themselves, or be disciplined enough, to carve out a career. You can understand not everyone has the dedication to play at the very top level, but to totally bomb out of a career where your ability should let you coast through at a middling level is crazy to me.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Probably earns more money modelling for Burberry than he does playing for Brugge.

A shame as he was clearly a talented young lad but I heard stories that he wasn’t particularly liked/respected at Wolves because of his lack of work ethic.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought he looked like an accident waiting to happen on the ball. Donkey.

Another Enobakhare

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Career going the same way as Enobakhare
Indeed. Both had enough talent for a decent career of some sort.Maybe not a PL level but still at a decent level and both spaffed it away. Would love to have had their talent.

R

reanswolf

You weren't the only one. I thought he could be like Doucoure at Watford.
He showed it in glimpses, and I had high hopes :)-.

Back
Top Bottom