Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Only us?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive been sitting back and reading all the threads since the Everton result, and to be honest i can't believe some of the tripe ive been reading.
Transfer window?, Formation?, Forget Europa, ditch the caribou, win the caribou cup? Long throw ins? Etc.

Is it only Wolves fans that react in such extreme ways?, we win- were going to finish top4, we lose- relegation battle.

Common sense shows we are a mid table team at present, and possibly over achieved last year.

Is it about time we started being realistic, and not put pressure on the team, and ourselves?

D

Deleted member 4453

I've learnt over the last year or so, over difficult periods just to skip over most but the verdict threads.
I think it's how we've all grown with Wolves and the disappointments.

Genuinely I was worried after the Cardiff away game last season, Nuno turned it around. So I chill now. Given our schedule I'm not that concerned really.
We'll work it out.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with the last sentence, and particularly the ourselves bit.
Get involved, be committed, recognise its importance to you, by all means. Sometimes though I think there’s a danger of spoiling the enjoyment of it all.
Wolves aren’t perfect. Wolves will NEVER be perfect, that’s not the way of things, but we are in a situation where the footballing side of things should be the most excitement we’ve had as fans in a long time.
I’ve made no secret of the fact that I’m not in great health. I’ve been too unwell to even watch the last two games on tv. I could never have imagined this when I was taking my attendance at games for granted.
I’m not advocating happy clapping (ugh term), but for goodness sake set out to appreciate what you have, what you are part of. Focusing on tiny details can make the overall picture drift out of focus. Relish the ride!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s is a lot of constant repetition on the Mix. Yes we know you think the squad is too small, that Nuno should not play this player over that player, that you think the transfer window was lousy, and that this player needs to play in the Championship for a year.
But to repeat these constantly is a tad annoying, and after all, we can’t change them.

Nuno is the boss......that’s why he get the very big money. If you accept this fact, then you might enjoy the fantastic ride we are on.

Last edited:

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it only Wolves fans that react in such extreme ways?, we win- were going to finish top4, we lose- relegation battle.

Common sense shows we are a mid table team at present, and possibly over achieved last year.

Is it about time we started being realistic, and not put pressure on the team, and ourselves?
No. Fanatics of other clubs react in the same way. In fact, I don't think, in the main, The Mix is that bad.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's difficult to always be subjective and reasonable about something when you care so much and are so passionate about it.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
No. Fanatics of other clubs react in the same way. In fact, I don't think, in the main, The Mix is that bad.
Mix has been awful just lately. Kinda used to the overreaction after every loss but after the Everton game, never seen anything like it! You’d think we’d just been relegated to league 1 the way some were carrying on.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how to react to yet another thread about Wolves on a football forum to discus all things Wolves. I suppose I could ignore it, if I didn't want to comment on it. I could skip over it and comment on the threads I do want to comment on or I could support the OP's POV or oppose the OP's POV. :rolleyes:
Seriously, if people don't believe some particular 'tripe' is worth commenting on, then don't. I've checked the rules and commenting isn't compulsory. Alternatively, if people want to engage others with discussion about Wolves then continue to do so. I think that's what the site owners set-up Molineux Mix for.

Reactions: DPE
S

ShropshireLad

Ive been sitting back and reading all the threads since the Everton result, and to be honest i can't believe some of the tripe ive been reading.
Transfer window?, Formation?, Forget Europa, ditch the caribou, win the caribou cup? Long throw ins? Etc.

Generally agree, Pagey, but I always assert there is no thing as "overachievement" because the table at the end of the season never lies.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mix has been awful just lately. Kinda used to the overreaction after every loss but after the Everton game, never seen anything like it! You’d think we’d just been relegated to league 1 the way some were carrying on.
'Overeaction' is your view. For others it may be a fair reaction after a poor performance. Some may see your use of the word 'overreaction' as an overreaction or even an under reaction. Everyone is different and unless breaking the law of the land or the site rules, everyone's view is equally valid imo.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can imagine any Arsenal forum is 10x worse!

And likewise on a Liverpool forum after any win but over reaction in the opposite way! They will win the league every season since the Prem began I think!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't do social media at all but I see from tv and hear the awful stuff that appears on it on an almost daily basis; the Mix suffers from the same ridiculous over-reactions to something which at the end of the day is sport. I love Wolves as much as anyone on here (50 years + now) but seeing Mutchy's post above and the fact I care for my disabled son leads me to believe that there are things more important in life than football - and health is certainly one of them. This thread won't stop people abusing one another on here or getting upset about something but it might make them think before they hit the computer keys.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

You want to try Man U for negativity always cheers me up there's about 100 threads on how bad they are

Most of the threads on here after a defeat aren't worth reading but it's nothing new not worse than last season or the season before
The world is mixed with glass half full and glass half empty people which t makes it more interesting

People moaning about people moaning is the usual make up of football forums

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I obviously don't follow other teams as closely as Wolves, but it wouldn't surprise me if some fans of other clubs were the same. Some in the media have been asking what has gone wrong at Spurs and Everton before the weekend just gone. That was after just 3 league games. If the media are doing that then I can imagine some of their fans doing the same.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are you reading verdict threads and similar after a defeat? This place is absolutely horrific when we haven’t won for a bit. I tend to only visit the threads that I know won’t be negative when we’re losing.

There’s about 50 Pep Guardiola’s on here that dominate negative threads and call the rest of us ****s for daring to challenge them. So you smirk, sit back, and let them keep propping up their locals-only boozers with tales of how things used to be better in the good old days and how there’s too many people about who never went to FC Offyerarse away in 1975.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did have a flick through the match thread for Everton, wont be bothering again.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always look back at Southampton at home in the championship, when every shot they had went in.

The atmosphere was fantastic, and i stood at the end of the game, proud of the team, but even more proud to call myself a fan.

We took a defeat and made it into an experience i will never forget, and it made me realise winning is an achievement, but losing is part of the game.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

The problem is it works both ways but people only take exception when it's negative.

You say, and I agree, 'common sense shows we are a mid table team at present', but not everyone would.

Most mid-table teams, such as Watford, Bournemouth etc. would say that the first target is to avoid relegation and then reassess. You say that on here and it would be treated as the 'nonsense' others dismiss.

There's a huge reluctance on here to have anything negative said and that brings out more arguments.

Villa sign a player who comes from a foreign league, he's an untested, unproven, overrated player who won't do a thing in England. We sign one and they are great talents with enormous potential. The Konsa thing was the best, some had to go full circle after we were linked with him and he ended up at Villa!

I also think the reaction to criticism is extreme.

If someone moans about ticket prices, they can still support Wolves.
If someone moans about a player performance, they can still support Wolves.
If someone moans about a decision Nuno makes, they can still support him as the manager.
If someone moans about Fosun, they still appreciate everything they've done for the club.

It's not a personal attack, it's an observation.

To highlight this, I remember one fan actually praising Fosun for raising season ticket prices, they were that set on defending the club.

A lot of this stems from the mix in expectation from this team (I'd argue no other club in the league could have opinions differentiating so much on where they can/should finish) but most of it comes from a reluctance to hear anything bad. I can't say I've monitored every thread but has anything really been that bad!? Four league games and four pretty woeful performances suggests criticism is fair and it's not even mid-table form.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think reactions on here no different really to other forums/ fans in general. Suppose folk need to temper it, have a bit of perspective, given, like you say, the **** we've had to put up with over the years.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

Agree about not putting pressure on ourselves or the team, but we are not the only ones doing it by any means. I’ve got many relatives that are Liver**** fans, and until last season’s Champions League win- they were borderline psychotic when they didn’t win a match or kept a clean sheet. Actually calling for Klopp to be sacked because of their divine right to win the Premier League. One of the financial managers I work with is a Walsall fan- real family man, but would smash you in the face if you told him it wasn’t that bad if they lost to a similar sized team, one week they are doomed- after a win they would be able to beat Wolves because we’re ****. This club or forum is no more extreme than any other one. Being with Everton supporters last weekend during the match was the same. At 2-2 the World was going to end for them, after they (deservedly) made it 3-2 and beat us, they are now definitely going to finish top 4. Madness.
It was exactly the same on the previous incarnation of this forum nearly 20 years ago. It has never been different.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is it works both ways but people only take exception when it's negative.

You say, and I agree, 'common sense shows we are a mid table team at present', but not everyone would.

Most mid-table teams, such as Watford, Bournemouth etc. would say that the first target is to avoid relegation and then reassess. You say that on here and it would be treated as the 'nonsense' others dismiss.

There's a huge reluctance on here to have anything negative said and that brings out more arguments.

Villa sign a player who comes from a foreign league, he's an untested, unproven, overrated player who won't do a thing in England. We sign one and they are great talents with enormous potential. The Konsa thing was the best, some had to go full circle after we were linked with him and he ended up at Villa!

I also think the reaction to criticism is extreme.

If someone moans about ticket prices, they can still support Wolves.
If someone moans about a player performance, they can still support Wolves.
If someone moans about a decision Nuno makes, they can still support him as the manager.
If someone moans about Fosun, they still appreciate everything they've done for the club.

It's not a personal attack, it's an observation.

To highlight this, I remember one fan actually praising Fosun for raising season ticket prices, they were that set on defending the club.

A lot of this stems from the mix in expectation from this team (I'd argue no other club in the league could have opinions differentiating so much on where they can/should finish) but most of it comes from a reluctance to hear anything bad. I can't say I've monitored every thread but has anything really been that bad!? Four league games and four pretty woeful performances suggests criticism is fair and it's not even mid-table form.
I agree. Most criticism is reasonable. The fact is there are people who are super chilled and not bothered about our league form and others (and I am one) who are pretty concerned. Surely that is not over reaction?if we were top and lost a game, fair enough but we are equal 19th with tough games coming up. In my book it is enough to worry.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we have nuno, we have jota, we have raul, we have neves, we have moutinho, we have Patricio...these are happy times, lads.

C

Can't B Arsed Wolf

I'm in the camp of: Nuno knows best, he certainly knows more than me so I take the view, as I did in the previous two seasons, if there's a bump in the road Nuno will flatten it. I remember to, turgid bad years where we so nearly went out of business. I understand fans frustrations at times, what I don't get is some, who for whatever reason go OTT at players and unbelievably Nuno. I say to these folk, get some perspective, unless you've just started following our beloved Wolves, we really have come a long way in a very short time. As for you Mutchy, I hope and pray that you find better health as soon as possible and able to attend games.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fans of all clubs have their panics and overreactions.

I think the unique factor among Wolves fans at the moment is that we don't know what normal is right now. There's a generation of United fans, for instance, who grew up with 'normal' being that they were constantly in the top two and challenging for silverware. When the club dropped below that -as daft as it may seem from the outside- panic about being 5th-7th, because it's outside of their normal. Leicester won the league not long ago, but the fans know that 'normal' for them now should be top half, and they get worried when they dip below that.

For us, since Fosun came in, we've had huge changes and a meteoric rise. Promotion. 7th. An FA Cup semi final. Europe. Promises of climbing even higher. And yet, in terms of fanbase, revenue, and squad size, we're still a team who were in the championship two years ago. So we don't yet know what our 'normal' is. We have nothing to measure our worry by. So it's easier to panic, to overreact, to become a little unmoored.

It will calm down as we begin to see what our true current position is.

My gut feeling is this will be a consolidation season. However, it will be a consolidation season that involves a mid-table finish and the Europa League quarter final. That level of 'consolidation' would have been beyond our dreams a few years ago. I think once the season is over, we'll see that as our new base, and the club can reinvest and grow. But we need to have this season first.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Opinions in the middle of the scale is out of fashion nowadays..:)
I agree with you though..then again I am not a fashionable guy.

M

Mr Wolf

No different to any other set of fans or forums, people like to vent after a defeat, when you win it’s more of a settled calm.

Generally around the ground & fans at the game the feel good factor & excitement is still better than ever.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All forums go through this. They are venting areas away from places where you would get a punch in the gob for spouting such poisonous bile. They wouldn't dare say the same words at a match or down the pub.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t look at other forums but does the Mix have more threads than others. Do we start more threads than is normal?
Just wondering......many times we seem to have duplicates threads ...or very close.

D

Deleted member 3751

Top post.

It's not only us, but a message board heightens the feeling that it is.

When we have a poor run, or a couple of mediocre results followed by a poor performance (which Everton definitely was) this board gets invaded by **********. These ********* can't look at anything rationally and are only comfortable dealing in failure and prophecies of doom. They yearn for disastrous runs so they can launch into a tirade of "I told you so"s that we didn't sign 34 strikers or spend £40m on that midfielder who's banging them in somewhere in Europe or that Ruben Neves has just winged it for the past few years and is no better than Darren Potter.

Although these prophecies usually start early, anyone saying we're in a relegation scrap after we've only completed the fixtures scheduled for August and been beaten a grand total of once in ten games is a ****ing moron. And there have been a few on here since Sunday.

We've prioritised the Europa to make sure we get through to the group stages, 5 games in 14 days, 3 PL interspersed by 2 against a side that has started Serie A with a 100% record (including a very impressive win at Atalanta) which culminated at Everton. Nobody wanted the league form to suffer but such a schedule meant it was unlikely for performances not to. As disappointing as Everton was, it's not season defining, it doesn't put us into a relegation scrap, and the mistakes were very uncharacteristic - I might get concerned if they were happening regularly but at the moment Everton and the mistakes was a one off. So anyone saying this is the shape of our season - ****ing moron *********.

If we were into the Europa knockout stages but 17th in January, I'd expect priorities to change somewhat and the club to focus on pulling away from the bottom of the league. As it is, the games are more spread out now, plenty of the players have had their first proper experience of the Thursday/Sunday schedule and we should be able to settle into a decent season

I've already posted this once, but it got deleted because the bits that took me 10s to change to asterisks were "offensive and against rules". Hopefully @Mutchy can follow on and delete my account from here on

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Top post.

It's not only us, but a message board heightens the feeling that it is.

When we have a poor run, or a couple of mediocre results followed by a poor performance (which Everton definitely was) this board gets invaded by **********. These ********* can't look at anything rationally and are only comfortable dealing in failure and prophecies of doom. They yearn for disastrous runs so they can launch into a tirade of "I told you so"s that we didn't sign 34 strikers or spend £40m on that midfielder who's banging them in somewhere in Europe or that Ruben Neves has just winged it for the past few years and is no better than Darren Potter.

Although these prophecies usually start early, anyone saying we're in a relegation scrap after we've only completed the fixtures scheduled for August and been beaten a grand total of once in ten games is a ****ing moron. And there have been a few on here since Sunday.

We've prioritised the Europa to make sure we get through to the group stages, 5 games in 14 days, 3 PL interspersed by 2 against a side that has started Serie A with a 100% record (including a very impressive win at Atalanta) which culminated at Everton. Nobody wanted the league form to suffer but such a schedule meant it was unlikely for performances not to. As disappointing as Everton was, it's not season defining, it doesn't put us into a relegation scrap, and the mistakes were very uncharacteristic - I might get concerned if they were happening regularly but at the moment Everton and the mistakes was a one off. So anyone saying this is the shape of our season - ****ing moron *********.

If we were into the Europa knockout stages but 17th in January, I'd expect priorities to change somewhat and the club to focus on pulling away from the bottom of the league. As it is, the games are more spread out now, plenty of the players have had their first proper experience of the Thursday/Sunday schedule and we should be able to settle into a decent season

I've already posted this once, but it got deleted because the bits that took me 10s to change to asterisks were "offensive and against rules". Hopefully @Mutchy can follow on and delete my account from here on

You agree with a 'top post' that says we are realistically a mid-table team.

You then go mental at the idea that we could go down. Looking at some of the mid-table sides from last season, such as Palace, Watford, Newcastle, even West Ham, I'd say their first priority is to survive. Why are we so different?

Also, we haven't prioritised the Europa League.

You're just saying we have because we've lost in the Premier League. I'm aware Jota/Moutinho didn't start one of the four PL games but Neves hasn't started both Europa games. We've picked strong a team in every game, certainly no indication that one has been prioritised over the other.

Of course, you can't admit that, because then you'd also have to acknowledge that we don't have a good enough squad to deal with Europe, something we knew was coming from May 4. Instead, you exaggerate to suggest we want 34 strikers.

Very strange post, you normally debate things properly but you're getting into a fit over some pretty fair criticism.

Also, imply fans criticising don't want Wolves to do well and that people wanted loads of money spent when that isn't the case, all whilst saying that people with a different opinion don't think rationally :D

M

Mr Wolf

All forums go through this. They are venting areas away from places where you would get a punch in the gob for spouting such poisonous bile. They wouldn't dare say the same words at a match or down the pub.
I’m pretty sure I’d be asking why Nuno played Jonny home to Torino & Vinagre away at Everton down the pub as wound many others.

Complaining about poor slow service, ticket prices happens also down the pub. So does telling someone to **** off they ain’t got a clue because they think Vallejo should replace Coady.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a part of it is down to the fact the vast majority of us think we could do a better job. Whether its manager, player, marketer, chief executive whatever it may be. This forum has always been a hotbed for when the going gets tough the tough get negative and the past two years have spoilt us.
Take the transfer window. Under Mick Mc Carthy or Dave Jones that would be one of the greatest transfer windows in the history of wolves. A defender from Real Madrid and a young striker from AC Milan? Sadly it followed two years of us buying everyone so we are at a state of mind that we are struggling.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
No, I dont think we are any worse or better than other fans.

However the echo chamber (designed to work that way) of social media that like it or not governs most people lives these days empowers people to believe their opinion is correct and that everyone else thinks the same or similar, so when people converge into an area such as here and other independent message boards you get a lot of strong opinions which over the years have been getting less and less opposing views to counter balance. You see it in politics and its blamed on brexit but its just that is the biggest talking point but it's prevalent throughout society. It's the downside to social media.

In addition to this we have had it good for two years, if you look back to some of the worse time there was a lot of dissenting voices. It will hopefully balance out a little soon just accept sometimes other people have a different take on things and I mean that from those who call out the ones worrying and vice versa.

x.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think a part of it is down to the fact the vast majority of us think we could do a better job. Whether its manager, player, marketer, chief executive whatever it may be. This forum has always been a hotbed for when the going gets tough the tough get negative and the past two years have spoilt us.
Take the transfer window. Under Mick Mc Carthy or Dave Jones that would be one of the greatest transfer windows in the history of wolves. A defender from Real Madrid and a young striker from AC Milan? Sadly it followed two years of us buying everyone so we are at a state of mind that we are struggling.

I don't get that impression. We've all got opinions on every single thing related to Wolves but it's quite a leap to go from there to the majority of us thinking we could do a better job than those currently at the club

Back
Top Bottom