Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Olympiakos verdict

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would’ve taken that result before the game but with the sending off is a massive chance missed and could be unforgivable.
One thing that bugs me is why can’t we take advantage of traore having 3 men on him especially when playing against 10 men?
I’m also getting bored of watching vinagre’s one dimensional get to the byline and do nothing.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Come on - that will do. Olympiakos a good team (hopefully!!) Molineux will be a cauldron and we get the result.

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good result until you remember it was vs 10 men for 70 mins, still we have to be happy with our lot

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Meh.

Probably would have taken that result in normal circumstances. Should never have conceded in the way we did and the front three and midfield two were all awful.

Patricio 6
Boly 5
Coady 5
Saiss 6
Doherty 6
Moutinho 5
Neves 5
Vinagre 5
Traore 4
Jimenez 4
Jota 5

Still, the only important thing is that everyone comes back safe and healthy.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear we may look back on this as a massive missed opportunity. We barely even threatened their goal. I accept it was difficult circumstances but I still expected more quality from us than we showed. Moutinho and Neves were very quiet in the middle, Traore and Vinagre were pretty terrible out wide. It was all a bit... meh. Still, an away goal so let’s hope the game goes ahead next week and we can finish the job.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
Poor result.... Played against 10 men for 60 minutes and still only got a draw advantage is with them now as 1 goal at molineux and we need 2 to get through without extra time which we do not need

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Poor tempo which ok under the circumstances might be ok but it was the same as against brighton. People point at traore but to be fair there was pretty much no movement up front. Our forward play needs to evolve massively.

Generally the same as the brighton game mentally lazy, or mentally tired.

D

Deleted member 4436

Weird.

Nuno was very clear in his desire not to play the game. It very much felt like that translated to the players.

Olympiakos battered us before the red card. They were by far the better side until that point. It changed on an hour, but I’m not sure we registered more than 1 shot on target (deflected goal aside)..

It was a poor performance. But they’re a decent side.

S

ShropshireLad

Would’ve taken that result before the game but with the sending off is a massive chance missed and could be unforgivable.
One thing that bugs me is why can’t we take advantage of traore having 3 men on him especially when playing against 10 men?
I’m also getting bored of watching vinagre’s one dimensional get to the byline and do nothing.
Ten men sometimes play better than eleven. They were galvanised and showed excellent movement but their only penetration came with their goal.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clean sheet away from the quarter finals
Yet it feels so flat under the current circumstances
Just hope everyone gets back ok

DarloWolf

Reaction score

its the way nuno drills him/the team , ****'s me off when we should be going for it when they down to ten men ,

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird.

Nuno was very clear in his desire not to play the game. It very much felt like that translated to the players.

Olympiakos battered us before the red card. They were by far the better side until that point. It changed on an hour, but I’m not sure we registered more than 1 shot on target (deflected goal aside)..

It was a poor performance. But they’re a decent side.

Agree on the first line, last line, but not the rest.

They didn’t batter us at all, even with 11 men. They had more possession, but did little with it, which is our game plan every week. We did register a number of shots on target, including a good save, but we didn’t really put them under serious pressure.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched for 50 minutes onwards.

Good goal from Neto, beyond that it was a typical 10 men vs 11 men performance. Tough to breakdown a team at that point, especially one with fantastic European pedigree such as Olympiakos.

Given the circumstances facing this match, the large looming meeting on Tuesday which can potentially cancel this competition, putting ourselves into the position to be the qualifier from this leg (should it be required) was vital.

Before the night, would I have taken 1-1? Hell yes. On that basis alone, good job Nuno, good job everybody. Come back to the UK, get tested and rest up.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Olympik outclassed Arsenal and got the better of us with 10 men. Our general negative play and lack of a cutting edge will bite us in the home leg. If it goes ahead. Unless they up their game by 80%.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
With everything else going on take it and move on. Who knows when the 2nd leg will be anyway.

We got very lucky with the goal which may still be vital.

We never really looked like scoring a 2nd and think if they keep 11 on the pitch they would have won by a couple.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will copy what I put in the other thread...

Not one individual player had a good game. All way off it.

However on paper 1-1 away in a European knockout game is a good result. Would fancy us to get through if we have a full house next week.

I’ll be honest. I adore Nuno and I literally never shut up talking about him at work to the lads and lasses who support other teams, but his public approach / comments before the game didn’t help at all and it clearly played a part in our lethargy this evening. Body language was all off all over the pitch. Noticeable how Jota and Raul kept looking at Nuno and stropping whenever Vinagre or Traore messed up, too. All a bit frustrating. I’ll stick my tin hat on.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I’ll stick this one out there...

Happy with an away goal and 1-1. No one over-exerted and we’re good to go for Sunday at West Ham.

The opening of the potential 5th place finish has changed the thought process behind the scenes for me. I suspect we are more than happy to draw the game this evening and make sure we pick up points from our ‘favourable’ run of games in the league.

Win Sunday at West Ham and this is a master-stroke. In Nuno we trust.

A few years ago I was really happy with a 1-1 draw against Leyton Orient. Perspective.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its the way nuno drills him/the team , ****'s me off when we should be going for it when they down to ten men ,
No, no you don't, especially if you saw the way Olympiakos were setting up, they were ready for us on the counter, if we go gung-ho at that point the chances are the team could have been cut cold and suddenly we are struggling in the tie.

As it stands, with an away goal, it's advantage Wolves.

D

Deleted member 4436

Agree on the first line, last line, but not the rest.

They didn’t batter us at all, even with 11 men. They had more possession, but did little with it, which is our game plan every week. We did register a number of shots on target, including a good save, but we didn’t really put them under serious pressure.

I thought they looked far sharper 11v11 and felt like it was a matter of time until they would cause us a problem. We can never prove that of course. Understand your views too.

RobB

Reaction score
One of the worst individual performances I have seen from Traore. I'm also getting bored of watching Traore’s one dimensional get to the byline and floating an awful cross in to the box routine.

D

Deleted member 5910

Yes, strange is the correct word. Can't fault Nuno in being positive with his subs, but there was little spark or tempo, we never really stretched Olympiakos, and we carried on the bad habits from the Brighton game (like squandering possession) into this one. Nuno's Wolves arguably do worse against 10 men than 11, because we thrive on being underdogs. Still, the advantage is ours in front of a raucous Molineux... oh, wait.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, strange is the correct word. Can't fault Nuno in being positive with his subs, but there was little spark or tempo, we never really stretched Olympiakos, and we carried on the bad habits from the Brighton game (like squandering possession) into this one. Nuno's Wolves arguably do worse against 10 men than 11, because we thrive on being underdogs. Still, the advantage is ours in front of a raucous Molineux... oh, wait.
Agreed and there lies the problem for me. If we are to become a serious European team this has to change. We pressed and dominated against the 10 men of Man City and it got us the win. That’s one of the only times I’ve seen us completely dominate a game like city or Liverpool would.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really poor but at least we got an away goal.

Need to be much better on the ball, we lack tempo, especially in the final third. Bit of a concern going into Sunday.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Competent in parts and worked hard enough...however we didn’t win enough challenges in their third, and our passing was neither accurate enough nor slick. This has happened several times when the opposition are sharp defensively and hopefully Nuno is onto it...

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok we weren't particularly good tonight but that's down to many reasons, not least we were up against a half decent side. The second leg will be completely different. The Wolves crowd - you watch - will be right up for it - knowing that a QF place is there for us to go and get. It'll be close but Molineux will see us home. Oh and the players, I'm sure, will be a different collective beast to the placid creature scratching around tonight. Too many players below par. Not gonna name names. Those that watched the game will know who. Glad Neto registered another goal. Thought he was our best player tonight.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This should have been a monumental game in our club's recent history but it felt so empty and dulled, a bit like a pre season game. Nuno, and presumably the wider playing side of the club, didn't want to be there. There was no atmosphere, no real passion and no energy, and I can't really blame our lot for that.

Thought we played pretty poorly but I'm not that bothered. All I really hope is that we play the return leg at Molineux under better circumstances.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were dog ****.

Our corners were horrific
Our crossing was woeful
Even our throw ins were awful.

But hey, it’s 1-1, we got an away goal and it’s in our own hands at home.

And there’s more important things going on at the moment. A very strange time.

Back
Top Bottom