Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

oldest Wolves Fan?

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
It’s a slow week...
My Nan who is a massive Wolves fan turns 100 in December. She met Sir Jack in the early 00’s and loves Bully. He has been invited to her party in December and hopefully he can come.
Anyway, sadly she’s not doing that well at the moment but think she’s willing herself to see her century. She still listens to the games on the wireless and offers her opinion.
Doess anyone else know anyone of this age who supports Wolves?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It’s a slow week...
My Nan who is a massive Wolves fan turns 100 in December. She met Sir Jack in the early 00’s and loves Bully. He has been invited to her party in December and hopefully he can come.
Anyway, sadly she’s not doing that well at the moment but think she’s willing herself to see her century. She still listens to the games on the wireless and offers her opinion.
Fantastic story mate

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Fantastic story mate
Thanks Jonzy. She has so many stories on the terraces.
She always talks about having a large Jaffa orange at Wembley (50’s or 60’s) As soon as she peeled it she ended up giving it all away!
Her front room has always been a shrine to Bully! Despite being partially sighted she always recognised his legs lol.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What date in December mate, will mark the calender and raise a glass for her good health

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Thanks Jonzy. She has so many stories on the terraces.
She always talks about having a large Jaffa orange at Wembley (50’s or 60’s) As soon as she peeled it she ended up giving it all away!
Her front room has always been a shrine to Bully! Despite being partially sighted she always recognised his legs lol.
49 or 60 mate
Wish her well and give her all of the Wolves love .100 is a superb grand old age

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a slow week...
Hope she feels better and continues to enjoy listening to the games. Depending on the timing, it would be nice if the radio commentator could mention her name when she’s listening.
Best wishes.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
It’s a slow week...
She doesnt live in quarry bank does she?? A few years ago i had to visit to a lady in QB & her house had pictures and bully & sir jack on the walls she was in her 80s then :)

S

ShropshireLad

It’s a slow week...
Great story but as an aside I'm going to Brighton for a few days tomorrow and then on to Ringmer for another few days. We just love going to Glyndebourne but I've ensured that we're back home on Friday to catch the train up for the Southampton fixture. :cool:

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Great story but as an aside I'm going to Brighton for a few days tomorrow and then on to Ringmer for another few days. We just love going to Glyndebourne but I've ensured that we're back home on Friday to catch the train up for the Southampton fixture. :cool:
I hope the weather improves for you.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
She doesnt live in quarry bank does she?? A few years ago i had to visit to a lady in QB & her house had pictures and bully & sir jack on the walls she was in her 80s then :)
No she lives in near Bantock Park. Sounds like her lounge though.

S

ShropshireLad

I hope the weather improves for you.
Yeah, I've seen on the BBC site that it's likely to be poor. We stay at a place where I can go fishing at the farmer's pond but it looks as though that will be kicked into touch.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wireless :D

Sorry couldn't help myself, no offense. :oops:

All the very best to the old 'un:)

Please give her my best wishes, BW. She would be about 35ish when I saw my first Wolves game.
But, as for the wireless, I often refer to the gadget we never use these days as a wireless.It isn't one, of course, but why we have it I'm not sure. I suppose it might come in handy if we ever get a burglar and I want something to throw, or to maybe use as a doorstop, but after that ....:D
Btw, from wireless, to tranny or radio I'm ok but what is the 'in' name for them now?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please give her my best wishes, BW. She would be about 35ish when I saw my first Wolves game.
But, as for the wireless, I often refer to the gadget we never use these days as a wireless.It isn't one, of course, but why we have it I'm not sure. I suppose it might come in handy if we ever get a burglar and I want something to throw, or to maybe use as a doorstop, but after that ....:D
Btw, from wireless, to tranny or radio I'm ok but what is the 'in' name for them now?
Do you have a boat that is in need of an anchor?:D

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My father in law is 102 and went to his first match in 1920s. His last match was when he was 98 and was the 4-3 win over Leeds. Wolves wishes arranged a box for the family who are all Wolves fans. What a day, what a game and thanks to the Wolves who made it possible.
Not noticed your user name before. Is this meant to be a double meaning? Anatomical or leaving the last hard left winger unsuccessful leader of the labour party?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a slow week...
I hope you let the Club know and they do a special. The publicity alone will be worth it. You could even get a feature on football focus.
Good luck to your Nan and what a great thread.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
I hope you let the Club know and they do a special. The publicity alone will be worth it. You could even get a feature on football focus.
Good luck to your Nan and what a great thread.
Thankyou, I was going to email the club but as she can’t really get around now I chose not too in case they invited her along etc, she just couldn’t manage it.
Maybe I will email them anyway, I know Bully has been asked but via him rather than the club.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a slow week...

Lovely , many happy returns to your Nan for December.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mental age?
Physical age?
Feel likes age?

mine is sooo varied

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankyou, I was going to email the club but as she can’t really get around now I chose not too in case they invited her along etc, she just couldn’t manage it.
Maybe I will email them anyway, I know Bully has been asked but via him rather than the club.
I take your point. It could be though if you explained that to the club you could work together to work something that would be good for all concerned. Just like they are doing with Brexit.;)

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad must be one of the oldest few left, he's 94. He was a late starter, first game was the first one after the war, a 6-1 win over Arsenal 31 August 1946 after he got demobbed from the RAF and married my Mum in the June. His last game at Molineux was with me v Blackburn in 2011 when Stephen Hunt scored THAT goal. He still follows them, though now he has dementia and sadly a lot of his football memories have gone. But it was him who took me to my first game in 1954, against a team who played in red and white stripes, though to this day I'm not sure who it was. Thanks Dad!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad must be one of the oldest few left, he's 94. He was a late starter, first game was the first one after the war, a 6-1 win over Arsenal 31 August 1946 after he got demobbed from the RAF and married my Mum in the June. His last game at Molineux was with me v Blackburn in 2011 when Stephen Hunt scored THAT goal. He still follows them, though now he has dementia and sadly a lot of his football memories have gone. But it was him who took me to my first game in 1954, against a team who played in red and white stripes, though to this day I'm not sure who it was. Thanks Dad!
Probably Sunderland or Sheffield United

Back
Top Bottom