Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another player who was with us for such a short time but showed real talent.

_96842077_thomas_empics.jpg

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oops I thought it was Jim McCalliog
Look at the strip, very simple, not even a badge. That's 1960s. I can see that he does look a bit like Jimmy Mac though

Correction: I think it is Jimmy Mac -- I have found old photos in which he is wearing that badgeless shirt. Sorry, thought it was a long haired Hughie!

Last edited:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the strip, very simple, not even a badge. That's 1960s. I can see that he does look a bit like Jimmy Mac though
Jimmy Mac did wear a shirt with no badge 69/70 here he is again, the reason he looks a lot like Jimmy Mac is because it's him.

jim-mccalliog-wolves-march-1970-31849049.jpg.webp
ABCFOOTB197071ENG-53-300x415.jpg

This is Mcllmoyle nothing like McCalliog.

04.-Hugh-McIlmoyle.-Carlisle.jpg

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimmy Mac did wear a shirt with no badge 69/70 here he is again, the reason he looks a lot like Jimmy Mac is because it's him.

Yeah. I corrected my post 10 minutes before you posted this

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Little story, My Aunt was a friend of Billy's wife, my Uncle came round and told me my Aunt wanted to see me urgently, so i rushed round worried what I'd done wrong, and there sat Billy and Joy drinking a cuppa, think I was around 8 or 9yrs old at the time, was totally lost for words. but had plenty to say when I went to school LOL

Last edited:

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Denis was the very definition of a model professional, what a cracking fullback he was.

00001d49-800.jpg
Sat by a bloke that drove us all mental .......used to shout " Show um ya medals Denis " every time he went near the ball or into a tackle .
Denis was one of the best full backs I've ever seen at Molineux .

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark%20Crook.jpg

This is Mark Crook for those that don't know he played for us for 5 years until 1934. He retired from playing in the lower leagues after the end of WW2 he then opened a chip shop but missed football and Wolves so much he became the first person to set up an early football academy in Wath Yorkshire. He set up Wolves juniors for under 17's and Wath Wanderers for older players.
Wath Wanderers became our nursery club and gave us Ron Flowers, Peter Knowles, Gerry Taylor, Steve Daley, Roy Swinbourne, Alan Sunderland and quite a few others.
Alan Ball spotted by Crook played a few trial games for us but wasn't taken on by Stan Cullis because it was thought his small size would limit his progress, he later went on to play 72 times for England.
Crook arranged for Bobby and Jackie Charlton to have trials with us but just before they were due to arrive Man Utd and Leeds offered their parents money which Wolves refused to match and the rest is history.

We could have had Peter Knowles, Ron Flowers, the 2 Charltons and Alan Ball in our side, quite impressive but not to be.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mark%20Crook.jpg

This is Mark Crook for those that don't know he played for us for 5 years until 1934. He retired from playing in the lower leagues after the end of WW2 he then opened a chip shop but missed football and Wolves so much he became the first person to set up an early football academy in Wath Yorkshire. He set up Wolves juniors for under 17's and Wath Wanderers for older players.
Wath Wanderers became our nursery club and gave us Ron Flowers, Peter Knowles, Gerry Taylor, Steve Daley, Roy Swinbourne, Alan Sunderland and quite a few others.
Alan Ball spotted by Crook played a few trial games for us but wasn't taken on by Stan Cullis because it was thought his small size would limit his progress, he later went on to play 72 times for England.
Crook arranged for Bobby and Jackie Charlton to have trials with us but just before they were due to arrive Man Utd and Leeds offered their parents money which Wolves refused to match and the rest is history.

We could have had Peter Knowles, Ron Flowers, the 2 Charltons and Alan Ball in our side, quite impressive but not to be.
yeah was based in the Doncaster area ?, agree some great footballers came from there,

Back
Top Bottom