Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Mainly Bridge Boys .... Wednesfield lot on that photo....with a few others......I was sat on the toilets at the back of the stand at Exeter that game....made the front of Express n star....
I knew most of the Bridge Boys, but I don’t recognise any of them on there. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be tho and it is 37 years ago lol. I remember Tyson, Daz Haywood, Esky, Preston, Payton, little Norm. Are they on the pic ?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew most of the Bridge Boys, but I don’t recognise any of them on there. My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be tho and it is 37 years ago lol. I remember Tyson, Daz Haywood, Esky, Preston, Payton, little Norm. Are they on the pic ?
Good mates with most of the them you mentioned..Kingsley, Richie Wright, joey, GP , Richie Garner grey jumper shouting....can see them all on there.....to name but a few on there....been speaking to most of them about the picture on Facebook.......but you are right it was a long time ago......

Told the story before but I didn't tell me folks I was going , was only 15....jumped on the early special....thought I had got away with it till me face was front of the express n star on the Monday.....was funny....

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good mates with most of the them you mentioned..Kingsley, Richie Wright, joey, GP , Richie Garner grey jumper shouting....can see them all on there.....to name but a few on there....been speaking to most of them about the picture on Facebook.......but you are right it was a long time ago......

Told the story before but I didn't tell me folks I was going , was only 15....jumped on the early special....thought I had got away with it till me face was front of the express n star on the Monday.....was funny....
Yep I can see Kingsley, Joey( me and him lived together for a while) Gary Payton (pankan), Richie Garner, Carl Spicer but can’t spot Richie Wright

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I can see Kingsley, Joey( me and him lived together for a while) Gary Payton (pankan), Richie Garner, Carl Spicer but can’t spot Richie Wright
RW is in there I'm 100% ....I train with Richie most Saturday mornings in the gym....when the football doesn't get in the way ..good lad can still box at bit as well......I was with Kingsley Saturday at Spurs ....both great chaps...

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RW is in there I'm 100% ....I train with Richie most Saturday mornings in the gym....when the football doesn't get in the way ..good lad can still box at bit as well......I was with Kingsley Saturday at Spurs ....both great chaps...
Yep still in contact with Kings myself, been to 3 funerals with him in the last 2 years
Tyson,(Trevor Ellis) Bally from the goalpost and Clare Elliot

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep still in contact with Kings myself, been to 3 funerals with him in the last 2 years
Tyson,(Trevor Ellis) Bally from the goalpost and Clare Elliot
Was at Tyson obviously....and Claire....I could tell some tales of going to games with Kingsley n Tyson over the years...some right funny stories...Kingsley is a proper sound chap.... obviously Tyson had his moments but was also sound ...

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the North bank that night
Heartbreaking, don’t think I spoke to anyone for a week after that
I was in the Waterloo Rd stand, as I was when we blew a 2 goal lead against Man United in the Cup. Both games were infamous for the ridiculous amount of fans in the South Bank - with some up in the rafters and some up the floodlight.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are biased, but just something magical about the text on top of those gates.

Can’t be just me, but love it when we are referred to as Wolverhampton Wanderers as opposed to just Wolves.

Really sad I know, but I used to love how grandstand would often use the title ‘Wolverhampton W’
So unique.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are biased, but just something magical about the text on top of those gates.

Can’t be just me, but love it when we are referred to as Wolverhampton Wanderers as opposed to just Wolves.

Really sad I know, but I used to love how grandstand would often use the title ‘Wolverhampton W’
So unique.
No, it’s not just you! Me also… love seeing our name in full.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Is there any other club in England which official name is not used in league tables?
The Scruffs are often shortend to **** **** (atleast it seems so?), but is there any other club suffering from this?
QPR?

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
The gates were built in the late 50s early 60s, after a billiard hall, attached to Molineux hotel, has been demolished. The gates stayed until the rebuild of the derelict hotel, to become the present Wolverhampton archives.
If you look at my posts on page 101, 102 you can see a photo and a map of the area, as it was prior to the building of the gates.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The gates were built in the late 50s early 60s, after a billiard hall, attached to Molineux hotel, has been demolished. The gates stayed until the rebuild of the derelict hotel, to become the present Wolverhampton archives.
If you look at my posts on page 101, 102 you can see a photo and a map of the area, as it was prior to the building of the gates.

Thank you for the information.

Sorry, which pages 101 and 102 are you referring to?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion!
This is a photo of one of the”W”s from the top of the gate. I found it on a pavement coming back from Molineux some years ago. No doubt it had been used as a missile after another bad defeat!
A treasured “objet d’art” in my Wolves collection.
Gosh, that's incredible!

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Great picture in today’s Express and Star of fans on their way to Molineux in 1958. The pub in the picture (The Chequer Ball) stood between the Civic Centre and the Wulfruna st site of the University.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom