Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Next week, four leading heads of state of the Afro-Asian nations against Bristol Rovers at Molineux!
Ah thank you, just the word I was looking for.

"I wonder" said LaFarge "just how much Molly knew?"

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to love the Laurel and Hardy theme tune that would come up from all of The South Bank in the years from 86 until it's demise when Plod would start to walk in front of it with about 10 minutes left in games.
Well I remember it from the north bank in late sixties early seventies
Also the most politically incorrect chorus is get em off to the poor St. John’s ambulance girls

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
September 8th, 1888 Wolves 1 (Cox o.g.) Villa 1 (Green) Attendance 2,500
Nah, that was the year before, our first league season was played at Dudley Road. The newspaper article is referring to the move to Molineux in 1889, first game again was coincidentally against Villa but was a friendly, David Wykes scoring the only goal in front of a 3900 crowd for a home victory. The first league game was a few days later a 2-0 win over Notts County.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Screenshot_2024-02-07-23-52-07-652_com.android.chrome-edit.jpgwhat are those and are they still there? Remember them from way back.

Bullyboy

Groupie
Reaction score
I stood on the crushed North Bank with my dad.
Saw it all unfold before me! What a sad night it was!
I remember being in the enclosure on Waterloo Road really early with my dad and brother. It was quite a frightening experience, reds everywhere. IIRC someone on the North Bank tried to keep the match ball that night!

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember being in the enclosure on Waterloo Road really early with my dad and brother. It was quite a frightening experience, reds everywhere. IIRC someone on the North Bank tried to keep the match ball that night!
One of my most memorable games at Molineux & I didn’t even get in to the ground. Looking back it is amazing that this was not an all ticket match, all the Liverpool fans down in Wolverhampton nice and early & filled the South Bank. We got there at least an hour before kickoff & couldn’t get in the North Bank (fans tried ripping the gates off to get). Must have been at least 10k locked out & remember walking back up Waterloo Rd & hearing Wolves fans cheering when Steve KIngdon put us ahead, only to find out that we lost 3-1 when I got back home and we were relegated.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not Molineux, think it’s Bloomfield Road, but what a kit.
View attachment 40539
Great photo and what a great kit! Yes, it was away to Blackpool and Dean Edwards (in the photo) scored the winner in a rare 1-0 away win (I was there) - a very rare win in a depressing season….

We wore Benjamin Perry as sponsor between March and May that season.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Top middle , the bloke with his hand on his head looks like Cabe from Cannock. The lad bottom left in the wolves top and white cardie was a familiar face back then but I can’t remember his name.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mainly Bridge Boys .... Wednesfield lot on that photo....with a few others......I was sat on the toilets at the back of the stand at Exeter that game....made the front of Express n star....

Back
Top Bottom