Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I always wondered how Wolves came to own all those houses that were demolished to build the ‘new stand’ (wasn’t it over 100?). Did they buy them up over a period of years or make the owners offers they couldn’t refuse in 1978?

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
I always wondered how Wolves came to own all those houses that were demolished to build the ‘new stand’ (wasn’t it over 100?). Did they buy them up over a period of years or make the owners offers they couldn’t refuse in 1978?
They were bought up over many years. I was told that the council wouldn’t let them knock them down in the 1950s due to a National housing shortage after the war.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cyril was a decent left back for Spurs, picking up 4 England caps in the late 1960s. He played in their UEFA cup win against us in 1972. “nice one Cyril”.
Decent, but not excellent like his brother. Got his caps due to 'London centric'

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
34 years since we flew to Newcastle and Bully scored 4.

Me and my Dad on plane 1. What a day.
I went with Telford Wolves that day via coach. Not as glamorous as flying but the memories are still there. I can still see myself jumping up and down behind the goal every time Bully scored.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not 100% sure but think I was on that plane. What a day. Will never forget Birmingham airport lounge early on New Year’s Day 1990. An incredible sight … and sound!
Yep absolutely brilliant
Remember singing half an hour half an hour to the Wolves fans in the next pen to us to which they replied with £7 £7 £7
I’m on the you tube when Bully scored his third ,I ran onto the pitch (wearing a brown leather bonnet jacket)got as far as six yard box before jumping back into the stand

Last edited:

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep absolutely brilliant
Remember singing half an hour half an hour to the Wolves fans in the next pen to us to which they replied with £7 £7 £7
I’m on the you tube when Bully scored his third ,I ran onto the pitch (wearing a brown leather bonnet jacket)got as far as six yard box before jumping back into the stand
I've seen that video

You're world famous

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the chap holding the sign on the left was called john smith he actually taught me at deyncourt primary in wednesfield
That’s him he was big friends with John Hendley (Fozzie) i once travelled with them to Portsmouth away night game in the late eighties or early nineties

Last edited:

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As someone on another thread was asking 'is there anything left of the old stadium still at the current ground besides the clock'? There's a section of the old Molinuex street wall.
I think in any future stadium development, this wall should be incorporated and preserved as our link to the past.20240104_123452.jpg

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I ask what they are all doing?
From what I understand the Bhattis kicked the official supporters club out of their usual meeting place, not 100% sure of the stand. The council however leased a room in the then new John Ireland stand, so as an up yours to the bhattis, let them use that room instead. Might have the finer details wrong but pretty sure this pic is them basically moving in to that council office space.

Back
Top Bottom