Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

O'Hara coming in from the cold?

W

wolvesultra

its times like this i wish our reserve/under 21 team played at Molineux or atleast in Wolverhampton (within the same County would be nice).

After a miserable Monday at work I'd like nothing more than to go and abuse OHara for 90mins :D

No way out of the cold please!!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm one if those that believes if RJ and Hollywood get their heads down, work hard and prove they want to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers, then why shouldn't they be played. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but if KJ does ever deem them worthy, who am I to say its wrong.
Realistically though, those bridges have long since been burned and torn down.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

I'm one if those that believes if RJ and Hollywood get their heads down, work hard and prove they want to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers, then why should they be played. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but if KJ does ever deem them worthy, who am I to say its wrong.
Realistically though, those bridges have long since been burned and torn down.

I'd accept that in the case of Ward and even Johnson (would have for Henry too) but not Ohara no chance I can accept poor performances/form. But his actions off the pitch just show me he doesn't give a $$$$ about Wolves. Brighton was the last straw his sarcastic gestures at a time when Wolves were being relegated to the third tier of English football (surely one of the lowest points in many fans football supporting lives) to me is unforgivable.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one can say Johnson was awful last season - he wasn't

O'Hara hardly played and when he did he was clearly unfit and couldn't run.

There are other people more culpable for our relegation than these pair.

However there is no way back for these pair, there would be a toxic atmosphere amongst the fans, which hopefully after Saturday is disappearing.

W

Wolvesthrunthru

Brighton was the last straw his sarcastic gestures at a time when Wolves were being relegated to the third tier of English football (surely one of the lowest points in many fans football supporting lives) to me is unforgivable.

:congrats::congrats:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

However there is no way back for these pair, there would be a toxic atmosphere amongst the fans, which hopefully after Saturday is disappearing.

This is absolutely correct. They were heavily scapegoated last season when in truth the only thing that was wrong was there salary, and that isn't there fault.

C

cooper_J

I'd accept that in the case of Ward and even Johnson (would have for Henry too) but not Ohara no chance I can accept poor performances/form. But his actions off the pitch just show me he doesn't give a $$$$ about Wolves. Brighton was the last straw his sarcastic gestures at a time when Wolves were being relegated to the third tier of English football (surely one of the lowest points in many fans football supporting lives) to me is unforgivable.

Couldn't agree more

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This sums up how I feel quite accurately.

JOH is in a different league to the others.

S

singwolf_1

Unfortunately I think the bridges have been burnt with the fans. And unless O'Hara scores hattricks every week on our way to the P'mier league, I don't think a majority will forgive him.

Honestly, it's just best that Johnson and he goes. They get to restart up their careers, and we get to rebuild.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jackett has more sense that to put the most fan-antagonistic player in the squad back in the first team. It wont be happening.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its times like this i wish our reserve/under 21 team played at Molineux or atleast in Wolverhampton (within the same County would be nice).

After a miserable Monday at work I'd like nothing more than to go and abuse OHara for 90mins :D

No way out of the cold please!!

You really should learn to let go, and move on.

M

Major Winters

Johnson was terrible last season! Gorkss was no better though - but our defence was utterly useless, and as the supposed 'leader' of the back 4, Johnson simply wasn't good enough. Nowhere near. The number of teams who cottoned on to the very complicated tactic of 'hit it behind the two centre halves and leg it' was staggering. As for O'Hara, his fitness levels simply weren't good enough - he came back into the side in January and still looked knackered after 30 minutes in April. How is that possible, unless he really wasn't working hard enough on his fitness in training?

I never want to see either of them in a Wolves shirt again, wholly unprofessional attitudes and deeply unimpressive displays. They didn't earn their wages IMO, and they need to get the $$$$ out of this club pronto to help their damaged careers/reputations.

M

Mr Wolf

I'm sick of hearing this. He was fit that's just how he plays, he has very little athletic ability that's all.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Johnson was terrible last season! Gorkss was no better though - but our defence was utterly useless, and as the supposed 'leader' of the back 4, Johnson simply wasn't good enough. Nowhere near. The number of teams who cottoned on to the very complicated tactic of 'hit it behind the two centre halves and leg it' was staggering. As for O'Hara, his fitness levels simply weren't good enough - he came back into the side in January and still looked knackered after 30 minutes in April. How is that possible, unless he really wasn't working hard enough on his fitness in training?

I never want to see either of them in a Wolves shirt again, wholly unprofessional attitudes and deeply unimpressive displays. They didn't earn their wages IMO, and they need to get the $$$$ out of this club pronto to help their damaged careers/reputations.

I thought Johnson did fairly well last season tbh.

W

wolvesultra

You really should learn to let go, and move on.

surely the smily face should have told you it was tongue in cheek, realistically I wouldn't bother going to wathc him if he was playing in my back garden

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want Ohara near the first team ever again.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't worry he's not in contention for the first team, I'd say he's only in there to try and keep our academy in the elite league.

M

Major Winters

Within his limitations. He should never have been paired with Gorkks.

He shouldn't have been on the pitch. Neither of them should. They were SO easy to play against, totally predictable, less pace than my nan after her Sunday lunch, a complete lack of communication/leadership with team mates, they were dreadful. The number of times an opposition striker was able to waltz between them was unbelievable. Roger Johnson was $$$$e last season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
surely the smily face should have told you it was tongue in cheek, realistically I wouldn't bother going to wathc him if he was playing in my back garden

My apologies Ultra, I mis-interpreted your comment.

I do however hope that this thread doesn't become another opportunity for more anti JOH / RJ hysteria.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He shouldn't have been on the pitch. Neither of them should. They were SO easy to play against, totally predictable, less pace than my nan after her Sunday lunch, a complete lack of communication/leadership with team mates, they were dreadful. The number of times an opposition striker was able to waltz between them was unbelievable. Roger Johnson was $$$$e last season.
So your a fan of his then.:D

D

Deleted member 3604

Within his limitations. He should never have been paired with Gorkks.

One of the stranger and more annoying happenings of recent times. It was worth getting relegated just to see the back of Gorkss. Johnson was never the player we expected him to be but he was far from our worst performer last season. Actually felt sorry for him when Hennessey wrongly humiliated him at Molineux last season. Kept his cool though - fair play.

O'Hara never regained the fitness and form of his early days at Molineux. Always gave 100% but was ran into the ground. Never worked with Henry, Davis or whoever else he was partnered with. Given loads of abuse, unfairly and much of it coincidental with people's warped fascination of his wife. Singled out at Brighton I believe when there were ten other on the pitch equally deserving. Two scapegoats I'm afraid but equally culpable for what happened last season. No future at the Wolves.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted to hear Jamie is going to play for the under 21s ... Rub the $$$$'s nose in it.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was at Brighton too Ultra, and yes JOH was bang out of order for what he did, and did not earn my respect as a consequence.

It must be said however, that prior to his unforgiveable antics he was baited by a large section of the crowd who were chanting "40 grand you're having a laugh".
Admittedly he should not have reacted in the way that he did, especially when emotions were running high, but in hindsight even he probably feels that now.

Like most on this forum, a change of club for both player and Wolverhampton Wanderers is the only way forward so that we can finally put this chapter to bed and get back to being united.

V

vega recollection

My apologies Ultra, I mis-interpreted your comment.

I do however hope that this thread doesn't become another opportunity for more anti JOH / RJ hysteria.

what ,here?Na ,never,not us!.....i'd av wardy back tho.for the others far far too late,irredeemable.the bridges weren't just burned...they were napalmed by B52's.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope he's not given too much stick tonight. A good little run in the U21s to prove his fitness and someone might come in for him, you never know.

I'd feel sorry for O'hara if it wasn't for his ridiculous wages. 40k p/w must soften the blow of having your career ended when still only 25.

K

kapitiwolf

O'Hara going in the shop window tonight ready for a Wolves exit,scouts will be there watching him our Kenny knows what he is doing sooner he is gone the better for both parties.

W

WellyWolf

Back from the game. Thought he did okay. Lee Clarke from Birmingham was their, looked like there was a lot of scouts their aswell. After the game, he went into the dugout restraunt/cafe and it looked like their was a meeting going on of some sort. Heard some young lads by a car speaking about it so looked over and they were right.

Highlights from game were that Wolves played better football. Thought we played well with Jack Price and Ethan Ebanks-Landell standing. Price nearly scored a world class goal with a volley. I really do wonder what his pass completion rate is a game. Ethan looked calm at the back. Thought reckord did a good job until he got brought off. Jackett was in attendence.

Back
Top Bottom