Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

OGP Flaggin'

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Evening all,

First post as OGP, don't be too harsh!

I'm sure you've seen what we've been attempting over the last few games, and how well it landed in the game vs Brentford.

However, the downside to this was the amount of flags that went missing after the game. We know that this was mostly due to the lack of information from us and we completely get that the majority of flags that were taken, weren't taken maliciously.

We had over 1,000 flags vs Brentford which was our biggest display by a long, long way - nearly 50% of these flags are now unaccounted for though! We're simply asking that this message be spread as far and wide as possible in the hope that they can make their way back to Molineux on Tuesday and just left behind (either at your seat or in the concourse).

In order for us to continue and really drive this forward, we need the support of the fans. We've got some really exciting stuff planned from a display point of view, but having a large number of flags that are left at Molineux is absolutely key to this.

This is by fans, for fans.

We're also incredibly open to ideas from fans on what they'd like to see, so feel free to contact us through here by DM, on twitter @OldGoldPack or email on hello@oldgoldpack.co.uk

Thanks for your time.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Mostly I'd like to say thanks for the great job you did with the flags. It made a brilliant display and although I know some will say they don't care, I think this sort of stuff really helps the atmosphere. I didn't take one, but I saw loads leaving and the first I saw about not taking them was a tweet after I got home. Glad you acknowledged it's just that people didn't know.

Maybe it would be best to publicise when you need them again (maybe that is Tuesday?) as I'm sure many of those STH will retrieve them from their kids (?) for a repeat, rather than randomly bringing them back and dumping them? Unless you want them for the NB, in which case sod off :laughing:

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Row L seat 81 and 80.
I asked for and received a flag, left it under chair, next game I had no flag so presume it was nicked and not replaced?

I saw a couple of people collecting them last game alas too late as mine appears missing!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spotted loads of fans walking out with flags after the Brentford game. Mainly grown men taking them rather than kids. I spotted one guy who was probably early 50s with what I thought at the time was THREE flags but thinking about it it was probably the long Joao Believe flag.

At the Leicester game yesterday there was a number of announcements during half time for fans to leave the flags where they found them.

Is it possible to have a couple of volunteers at the exits after the game just to inform fans that they shouldn’t be taking them home? Obviously you don’t want any confrontation but I genuinely believe the majority who took them home were just a bit thick and didn’t realise

W

WasStefan

Spotted loads of fans walking out with flags after the Brentford game. Mainly grown men taking them rather than kids. I spotted one guy who was probably early 50s with what I thought at the time was THREE flags but thinking about it it was probably the long Joao Believe flag.

At the Leicester game yesterday there was a number of announcements during half time for fans to leave the flags where they found them.

Is it possible to have a couple of volunteers at the exits after the game just to inform fans that they shouldn’t be taking them home? Obviously you don’t want any confrontation but I genuinely believe the majority who took them home were just a bit thick and didn’t realise
Probably taking them for kids/ grand kids and didnt know they needed to be left.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score

Also Leicester had messages on their big screens asking their fans to leave flags behind and not take them home. I know this is a fan rather than club led initiative but surely the club could help out with getting a similar message across to our fans?

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome @OldGoldPack!

As others have said, great work!

Any chance of some flags in the North Bank?! :p
Hi Jade, you may well be getting one great big one in the North Bank on Tuesday, and I am talking here about a banner of course. Lol.

But the aim of OGP is to eventually do the same with their flags in the North Bank and elsewhere in the ground.. That’s why it is so vital that these flags are returned on Tuesday, and are then left on the seats.
This is the only way that their stock of flags can keep increasing, and to enable them to be spread out more around the whole ground eventually.

These OGP lads as a group, have paid for these flags themselves, and the club although supporting this initiative have nothing to do with it.
It is a100% fan initiative, that’s why it is so sad and soul destroying for them to have lost half of their flags already.x
Definitely no drum. Leicester had one yesterday and it’s ****ing awful.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Definitely no drum. Leicester had one yesterday and it’s ****ing awful.
Don't want to distract the thread, but wtf! The last time I can remember something like that was Wigan away in the Cup about a lifetime ago. I mean if you're a tinpot club, stick a drum in the home end. Putting it next to the away fans and banging it in a stupid rhythm when your fans aren't actually singing at all, just to disrupt the away fans, is beyond pitiful. With their clappers as well they really are a bit of a laughing stock.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evening all,

First post as OGP, don't be too harsh!

I'm sure you've seen what we've been attempting over the last few games, and how well it landed in the game vs Brentford.

However, the downside to this was the amount of flags that went missing after the game. We know that this was mostly due to the lack of information from us and we completely get that the majority of flags that were taken, weren't taken maliciously.

We had over 1,000 flags vs Brentford which was our biggest display by a long, long way - nearly 50% of these flags are now unaccounted for though! We're simply asking that this message be spread as far and wide as possible in the hope that they can make their way back to Molineux on Tuesday and just left behind (either at your seat or in the concourse).

In order for us to continue and really drive this forward, we need the support of the fans. We've got some really exciting stuff planned from a display point of view, but having a large number of flags that are left at Molineux is absolutely key to this.

This is by fans, for fans.

We're also incredibly open to ideas from fans on what they'd like to see, so feel free to contact us through here by DM, on twitter @OldGoldPack or email on hello@oldgoldpack.co.uk

Thanks for your time.
Keep up the great work mate.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want to distract the thread, but wtf! The last time I can remember something like that was Wigan away in the Cup about a lifetime ago. I mean if you're a tinpot club, stick a drum in the home end. Putting it next to the away fans and banging it in a stupid rhythm when your fans aren't actually singing at all, just to disrupt the away fans, is beyond pitiful. With their clappers as well they really are a bit of a laughing stock.

No way should we ever have drums in the ground. Imagine sitting next to one while you’re trying to concentrate on the game.

No objection at all to the Punjabi lads and the dhol drum outside before the game, or even in side the ground for a short while, but as soon as the whistle goes, the drummer has to stop.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Jade, you may well be getting one great big one in the North Bank on Tuesday, and I am talking here about a banner of course. Lol.

But the aim of OGP is to eventually do the same with their flags in the North Bank and elsewhere in the ground.. That’s why it is so vital that these flags are returned on Tuesday, and are then left on the seats.
This is the only way that their stock of flags can keep increasing, and to enable them to be spread out more around the whole ground eventually.

These OGP lads as a group, have paid for these flags themselves, and the club although supporting this initiative have nothing to do with it.
It is a100% fan initiative, that’s why it is so sad and soul destroying for them to have lost half of their flags already.x

Be good to have a variation of set ups in the stands rather then a duplicate I.e banners one side e.g northbank

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Thanks all for your feedback and comments, appreciate it!

Yeah, as I said above, it's more to do with us not communicating that the flags should be left behind and not taken - lesson learnt! I'd like to think that the more we can spread this message, the more we will get back though.

Just to answer a couple of the queries above:

1) North Bank & other stands - yes, the plan was to launch in the South Bank and spread out from there - reliant on a good return of flags from Brentford though!
2) Variation of flags - yup, lots more variation in both size and design to come! It's still very early days for us
3) Announcements from the club - Wolves have been incredible in allowing us to push on with this with their support and will also be supporting with messaging to fans going forward.

As always, feel free to message on the channels I mentioned above. We're open to ideas and as we grow will need even more support from fans, in lots of ways!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Yeah, as I said above, it's more to do with us not communicating that the flags should be left behind and not taken - lesson learnt! I'd like to think that the more we can spread this message, the more we will get back though.

1) North Bank & other stands - yes, the plan was to launch in the South Bank and spread out from there - reliant on a good return of flags from Brentford though!
2) Variation of flags - yup, lots more variation in both size and design to come! It's still very early days for us
3) Announcements from the club - Wolves have been incredible in allowing us to push on with this with their support and will also be supporting with messaging to fans going forward.

As always, feel free to message on the channels I mentioned above. We're open to ideas and as we grow will need even more support from fans, in lots of ways!
Is there somewhere to make a contribution towards new flags etc? I’d be happy to donate a bit. Anything to help the atmosphere.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there somewhere to make a contribution towards new flags etc? I’d be happy to donate a bit. Anything to help the atmosphere.

That’s a great suggestion Jade and I’m sure that would be greatly appreciated by this group.
As I’m sure would be fans maybe buying the flags themselves.
I’m sure @OldGoldPack would be able to comment on this better than I would.

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Yes, this is something we’re currently working out. The support from fans has been incredible and a lot have offered to support financially, which is amazing.

We want to ensure we’re choosing a platform that will enable us to utilise the money in the best way (not charge substantial fees etc) so that we can make the most of what is donated.

We will also be offering mini-flags/wavers for sale through our site with any profits on these going directly into future displays - we’re not interested in this being profitable for OGP.

More on this soon!

W

WasStefan

You wont get 10% of the flags back that were taken. Really bizarre it wasnt made crystal clear beforehand that they shouldn’t be taken.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way should we ever have drums in the ground. Imagine sitting next to one while you’re trying to concentrate on the game.

No objection at all to the Punjabi lads and the dhol drum outside before the game, or even in side the ground for a short while, but as soon as the whistle goes, the drummer has to stop.
Totally agree

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, this is something we’re currently working out. The support from fans has been incredible and a lot have offered to support financially, which is amazing.

We want to ensure we’re choosing a platform that will enable us to utilise the money in the best way (not charge substantial fees etc) so that we can make the most of what is donated.

We will also be offering mini-flags/wavers for sale through our site with any profits on these going directly into future displays - we’re not interested in this being profitable for OGP.

More on this soon!
I’d be more than happy to make a contribution to this

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks for all your hard work.
It's really good to experience such dedication.
We all benefit and makes Wolves pioneers in so many ways!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw the first two lines of the OP and thought we had another 'Olly The Cat'!

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant initiative and OGP should be lauded for taking this on and funding it.

Perhaps we could encourage anyone who still has a flag from previous events (Promotion/Wembley/Man U Cup Game etc) to bring those to matches as well, there must be loads of those still in existence.

Recycling and all that!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In terms of collecting up flags maybe some bins/ boxes at the exit gates where flags could be returned to with some signage and announcement as to where to leave them

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Brilliant initiative and OGP should be lauded for taking this on and funding it.

Perhaps we could encourage anyone who still has a flag from previous events (Promotion/Wembley/Man U Cup Game etc) to bring those to matches as well, there must be loads of those still in existence.

Recycling and all that!
Sounds like a good idea. I've got loads of free flags from previous events at Molineux. They're old just cluttering up the draw under my bed now and was thinking about getting rid of them. @OldGoldPack are you interested in using old flags like this, or are they not the sort of thing you want to use?

OldGoldPack

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. I've got loads of free flags from previous events at Molineux. They're old just cluttering up the draw under my bed now and was thinking about getting rid of them. @OldGoldPack are you interested in using old flags like this, or are they not the sort of thing you want to use?

we’re happy for absolutely any flags to join the party! We’re not fussy, it’s all about just getting it going!!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
we’re happy for absolutely any flags to join the party! We’re not fussy, it’s all about just getting it going!!
Okay great. Where is the best place to leave them for you? Not at the Palace game tomorrow, next at Molineux for the Villa game. Happy to even post them all down in the meantime (live quite faraway).

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brilliant initiative. Thanks to everyone involved. As others have said I would be very happy to contribute funds for further initiatives.

Have you thought about putting a sticker on the flagpoles asking for them to be left behind?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Old flags oh ok I thought you said old bags :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom