Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno's potential

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By far the greatest manager I've seen at Wolves in my lifetime.

How much better can we get under his direction?

How would he handle the superstars with bigger egos? Would he even sign that type of player?

How would he handle limited squad investment if for example the majority of funds went on stadium development?

I still believe a new contract for him is as important if not more important than any new signing.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without Nuno, there's no way we'd be as good as we are now. In interviews you can tell he knows exactly what he's talking about; a very smart bloke indeed. I think a lot of this comes from being a GK (as he had a full view of the pitch when playing in terms of organisation). Also, the fact he was mostly the second keeper at Porto and was on the bench has probably helped too as he could analyse what was happening more.

For me, Mick still edges it as my favourite manager, but that is just a personal preference - not linked to our success.

M

MattyWWFC

No doubting he’s a great coach, but guilty of being a tad stubborn sometimes.

He’s the reason we are where we are, the way he’s made this team gel together like they have, it’s fascinating. Another huge thing is morale. Even when we’re going through a bad bit of form everyone just seems so together still, trying to improve each other.

I just hope the club keep up with him, I’d hate to lose him because we don’t want to go in the direction Nuno wants.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Yes, he’s absolutely vital to our club, and the success we’ve had over the last three seasons. That’s why, as hard as it is when we’re not winning games or performing well, to appreciate this little moment in time and savour it. When we’re old and grey, we’ll be talking about this little golden age to our grandchildren, telling them we watched this entertaining side. It’ll be a sad day when he moves onto new pastures and challenges.

WolfoftheWrekin

Reaction score
Yes, he’s absolutely vital to our club, and the success we’ve had over the last three seasons. That’s why, as hard as it is when we’re not winning games or performing well, to appreciate this little moment in time and savour it. When we’re old and grey, we’ll be talking about this little golden age to our grandchildren, telling them we watched this entertaining side. It’ll be a sad day when he moves onto new pastures and challenges.
Nuno will stay at Wolves and be our Fergy.
When we are old and grey or grandchildren will be watching us in the CL and winning lots of Silverware in a 70,000 plus Molinuex.
They say hope is the killer.

D

Deleted member 4436

Serious question: is it possible for a ‘Head Coach’ to become a Director at this level?

I talk (and moan a lot ;)) about incomings, but securing Nuno for the next few years has to become one of the priorities. I wonder whether one way of making the relationship more sticky is to get him bought into the venture.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got the right bloke at the right time. No limit to what he (and his team) can achieve. We’re damn lucky to have him.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The moral around the team looks great. Look like they're having fun in training and play for each other. This has a lot to do with Nuno and his team.

It's also why I think the personality and humbleness of new signings is paramount for him. He won't want any big ego'd superstar coming in that will risk disrupting that bond.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.I still believe a new contract for him is as important if not more important than any new signing.

I wholeheartedly agree with this and I can hand on heart say I would have said the same at half time yesterday.

Having said that, new signings/committing Nuno to a new deal, do go hand in hand. We need to keep up with his ambitions as much as anyone else.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread will look funny if we get easily beaten in the next 2 matches. :) Or based on yesterday, if we have 20 below-par minutes at any point.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a great manager and hopefully can take as to where we want to be, If we are to be consistently top 4 and challenging for title then he also needs to look at some of the weak points in our current systems and improve/learn how to overcome them, either with upgrades on players of changes in tactics

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
meanwhile the under 23,s are doing okay. :D
giphy.gif

Jam Tam Van Man

Reaction score

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without Nuno, there's no way we'd be as good as we are now. In interviews you can tell he knows exactly what he's talking about; a very smart bloke indeed. I think a lot of this comes from being a GK (as he had a full view of the pitch when playing in terms of organisation). Also, the fact he was mostly the second keeper at Porto and was on the bench has probably helped too as he could analyse what was happening more.

For me, Mick still edges it as my favourite manager, but that is just a personal preference - not linked to our success.
Nuno is in a completely different league from huff and puff McCarthy.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

John Burridge was also a goalkeeper !

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Completely agree. He’s the glue that holds it together.

Absolutely. Our most important asset. He is the reason that we are where we are.

Many teams have spent heavily over the years and put a team together that looked good on paper. Still, if you exclude the ridiculous spending of Chelsea and Man City, I can't think of a better example of making most of the club resources than us. And I'm sure it's because we have Nuno. The work ethic, the backroom staff, the never say die mentality - it's all down to him.

Long may it continue. By far the best manager in most of our lifetimes. We can now hope that in a few years time we have a serious debate about who is the greatest ever - him or Stan Cullis. That will mean winning something big.

I honestly believe it is possible with Nuno in charge. He is that good - he can win major trophies.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He`s deffo the boss. They all board the coach and then he lights up another one!

Back
Top Bottom