Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno?!

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno might be trying to send a message to Fosun? Perhaps there is serious interest in a lot of the squad from the biggest clubs in the world and he's questioning their motives.
Is it about trophies and success for the club and the City, or is it simply all about the money?
Bugger all to do with Nuno. Sky Sports News about the same as their Brexit rubbish.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
News like this doesn’t just break for no reason - same with the Arsenal story. A few things could be happening.
  • Uncle Jorge might want to start the process of moving his client on. Especially if Fosun aren’t making the signings that he expected when the project kicked off.
  • Wolves might not want to offer a new deal just yet. Remember, we’ve had a great season but what if we fall off a cliff, bomb in the Europa and finish somewhere like 12th?
  • Nuno might want a different challenge.

Fair points. We all saw/heard Nuno's reaction after our plucky defeat at home to Liverpool about wanting more nights like that. Not the defeat, of course! But competing at the highest level. That's his ambition and Fosun sold him the project to eventually enable this to happen. Klopp is in his 4th season, I believe (?). Liverpool have spent £millions and the team has finally clicked.

Nuno is in his second season with nowhere near the investment of Liverpool. In fact, this season's 'signings' have been a bit of a damp squib , with the exception of Neto. We are being overtaken by Everton and Leicester have forged ahead albeit neither of these teams have Euro football this season. Same as Sheff Utd. Nuno has done well to keep us in contact with Euro league places so far but if the investment isn't forthcoming, Nuno will not be the only one looking to move on.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair points. We all saw/heard Nuno's reaction after our plucky defeat at home to Liverpool about wanting more nights like that. Not the defeat, of course! But competing at the highest level. That's his ambition and Fosun sold him the project to eventually enable this to happen. Klopp is in his 4th season, I believe (?). Liverpool have spent £millions and the team has finally clicked.

Nuno is in his second season with nowhere near the investment of Liverpool. In fact, this season's 'signings' have been a bit of a damp squib , with the exception of Neto. We are being overtaken by Everton and Leicester have forged ahead albeit neither of these teams have Euro football this season. Same as Sheff Utd. Nuno has done well to keep us in contact with Euro league places so far but if the investment isn't forthcoming, Nuno will not be the only one looking to move on.
Liverpool have sold their best players at just the right time in order to raise the money for improving the team over time.

Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling - £263m

Have a look at their net spend versus revenue over the tenure of Klopp and there you will see a picture of what Fosun want to achieve.

They are now minted without the need for owner investment and can spend £100m a season without going anywhere near a deficit. The billionaire owners do not have to pay a penny.

D

Deleted member 4436

Welcome to the internet. Have you visited us before ?

I know, right? 99.999999% of internet content is probably perceived to be conjecture.

His response could be perceived as conjecture, given that he has zero insight either.

The internet.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sports don’t mention us - “why don’t we get any attention, it’s not fair, they only talk about Man Utd”

Sky sports run daft news story about us - “what a load of rubbish, **** off sky”

Just ignore the media and stop getting would up by everything.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a good lad isn't he this Nuno.

Realistically, even if he's completely content with us, he's a canny enough fella not to start negotiations too early. I wouldn't be too surprised if he still hasn't signed at this point next year... doesn't mean he's off. Sky Sports being sensationalist twits again, nothing more in my opinion.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool have sold their best players at just the right time in order to raise the money for improving the team over time.

Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling - £263m

Have a look at their net spend versus revenue over the tenure of Klopp and there you will see a picture of what Fosun want to achieve.

They are now minted without the need for owner investment and can spend £100m a season without going anywhere near a deficit. The billionaire owners do not have to pay a penny.

It's a good plan..reaping rewards this season. Which may mean selling Traore for further investment and improvement.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have read here that Nuno is building a house. Is this true?
Has anybody seen it and is it near completion?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only read that he wants to build a house on a hill in Guimaraes, bought the land but the council said no! He still has the land and is hopeful that he might get to do it one day.

Nothing about building a house in Wolves unfortunately (yet... though that may have changed)

Nuno has built a strong squad, but he can’t build his dream house
Thanks for this clarification. I had mistakenly presumed it was in Wolverhampton. What with the recent talk about his contract not yet extended beyond the next 18 months, I thought if he is building a house then he feels secure enough in his job and to have his wife join him.
I guess time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom