Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno?!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just switched on and going across bottom of screen is “ Nuno Espirito’s future in doubt at Wolves “ “ contract expires end of next season and no immediate plans for talks “
WTF ???

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Just switched on and going across bottom of screen is “ Nuno Espirito’s future in doubt at Wolves “ “ contract expires end of next season and no immediate plans for talks “
WTF ???
Not being ITK, how long before a contract expires would you be expected to be offered a new one??

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
SSN breaking news, his long term future is in doubt? Erm wtf?
Feels like sky are trying to pick at quotes made in his interview. He did say wolves are his obsession but a longer contract is not down to him but also said he is fully commited to wolves and pointed out how many people moved to the uk in support of this project...over to u fosun

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caught the tail end of this, c/w breaking news ticker tape. Only I couldn't see how it was breaking news. It seemed to be speculation based around his contract expiring in 18 months and no immediate plans to discuss it. Unless Sky are aware of something else.
It could be that Nuno has suggested he's off whatever happens. Equally he and the club might be comfortable they will sort things over the next few months.
Very odd story though.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they’ve gone to the golf and then super league.

Ticker updated to say his contract expires end of next season and no extension talks are planned in the immediate future? Bit random for a Thursday night?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't sound like a big deal to me, reporter asking leading questions.

Reaction score
This is no different to any other negotiation.
Not exactly brinkmanship, but both parties want the best for themselves, Wolves and Nuno..... Usual Sky sports making it up as they go along while things are quiet.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Load of dramatic nonsense. Tim Nash and Joe Edwards both wrote about it earlier with a completely different spin. As said above, this is why Nuno doesn't like dealing with the press. Indeed, Nuno said the club was "his life and obsession."
Joe Edwards on Twitter

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't it end, the end of next season?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same story (with less exciteable headline) just released by BBC Sport and E&S.

It's obviously been 'held back' for morning papers, so expect to see more alarmist headlines then. National paper writers trying to find exciting headline as preview for tomorrow's game.

Anything that attracts Man Utd / Arsenal audience is to be considered fair game in the world of clickbait rags. Let's see if John Percy says anything.

I'm sure Nuno is looking for a new deal soon and we're about to see colour of Fosun's money (eg stadium, summer spending, hanging on to players etc) but this is pretty scummy on the eve of a game. Not unexpected from tabloids though.

Anyway if there was something in it, Jeff will step in..... ;)

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking about it on Talksport now. Suggesting agent talk to alert Man Utd. Non story right now says Cundy but no smoke without fire! Summer this will explode unless contract signed before then.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same story (with less exciteable headline) just released by BBC Sport and E&S.

It's obviously been 'held back' for morning papers, so expect to see more alarmist headlines then. National paper writers trying to find exciting headline as preview for tomorrow's game.

Anything that attracts Man Utd / Arsenal audience is to be considered fair game in the world of clickbait rags. Let's see if John Percy says anything.

I'm sure Nuno is looking for a new deal soon and we're about to see colour of Fosun's money (eg stadium, summer spending, hanging on to players etc) but this is pretty scummy on the eve of a game. Not unexpected from tabloids though.

Anyway if there was something in it, Jeff will step in..... ;)

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pleased he has 18 months left and he is committed to another season. I believe Nuno is a very honest and reliable man, I don't think his head will be turned because he is only focused on the job in hand, even in the summer.
I'm sure Fosun will offer a new deal in due course and Nuno will consider it, even then if he doesn't sign I still don't think he will leave. He has his boys at the club and he's not just going to f it all off and reboot at another club.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky are fishing, don't bite or give them any credence or attention. Just another attempt to make up a headline to unsettle and get people to tune in. Ignore them and they can't have any impact on us, start flapping and they win

If anything Nuno's comments to Edwards strengthens his position with us, as we know now he's not turned down any offers from the club. The status quo is no different to yesterday other than that, and we can fully expect it all to be sorted out at the end of the season

He's committed, he's not thinking about anything else, his life and obsession as he says and we have every reason to believe that this is the case. He only signed his contract last season, he'll sign a new one for next season

'Nuno's future in doubt' honestly it's trash reporting as usual from Sky

siwolf80

Reaction score
Sky doing what Sky do.

1st 7-10 days of the transfer window they were trying to sell Maddison to Man Utd.

Slow news day, ask about a contract that has 18 months to run, the reply is no discussions yet, let run a story.

Listen to the whole interview and reply is paints a different story.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Nothing more than Sky Sports saying look at us rather than than the wolves game on BT Sports tomorrow in my view

Howlin’ Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just watching Sky Sports News now. Some pretentious know it all making it up journo Anton Toloui obviously from the Jim White school of knowin flip all making up *******s because Nuno hasn’t signed a new contract even though he’s signed up until next year. Jeez. Wolves making headline news must mean it’s a desperately quiet in Sky News Land.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll sign a four year extension in the summer.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the people who attracted him to the club have gone. He'll go. No mates left!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno saying a little more than normal has caused all kinds of pants mess!!

At worst I see this as pushing for a new deal. As he says, lots of people changed theirs and their families' lives, moving from Portugal to take on this project, getting extended contracts gives them all some security and clarity on their futures

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm fairly relaxed about this.

Nuno knows that opportunities for carte blanche in football are few and far between.
He's got that here and the results speak for themselves. We're in a great marriage, and we're still getting regular sexy action.
The kids are happy and their future looks bright.
I see no reason for talk of divorce.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno’s not bothered he knows that starting from last season his performance related pay scale immediately put him in the top bracket (top 5) of remuneration for EPL managers. and there is no reason why Fosun won’t do it again in a new contract.

Reaction score
The only thing that would cause Nuno to leave is a massive rift between the direction / management of Nunos ideology and that of FOSUN.

Our rise has been meteoric, far ahead of schedule and so unexpected it's left the usual pundits so baffled they refuse to acknowledge our existence.

Nuno has nothing to gain and everything to lose by leaving the Wolves project unfinished. It's moulded in his image, i'd go as far as to say as much as NES speaks about our identity, it is his identity. To walk away would be akin to him changing his name to Jeremy, shaving his beard and wearing a dress.

Reaction score
Cross posting this as there are two threads on the same subject

The only thing that would cause Nuno to leave is a massive rift between the direction / management of Nunos ideology and that of FOSUN.

Our rise has been meteoric, far ahead of schedule and so unexpected it's left the usual pundits so baffled they refuse to acknowledge our existence.

Nuno has nothing to gain and everything to lose by leaving the Wolves project unfinished. It's moulded in his image, i'd go as far as to say as much as NES speaks about our identity, it is his identity. To walk away would be akin to him changing his name to Jeremy, shaving his beard and wearing a dress.

Back
Top Bottom