Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno In or Out (unbiased poll)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9202LYK
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9202LYK

We’ve had two threads (entitled reasons to go and reasons to stay). We’ve had a very biased poll called Nuno out. How about we see what the real situation is on the mix with a fair poll?

I hate it when people post things like this:

So, at the time of writing 55% of fans who have voted would sack Nuno tomorrow. It paints a depressing picture regarding the critical thinking ability of the wider population.

please mods let this run for the week I put on it.

if you’re unsure wait till after the next game....

to be clear unsure probably means unsure but I tend towards out, unsure possible means unsure tending towards in

Last edited by a moderator:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any poll where voter names are publicly viewable is perforce a futile exercise. It is inherently unfair as some might fear repercussions on a forum with people who can at times be obnoxious.

Anonymity is a prerequisite.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any poll where voter names are publicly viewable is perforce a futile exercise. It is inherently unfair as some might fear repercussions on a forum with people who can at times be obnoxious.

Agree completely.

I can't see why you thought the previous poll was in any way asking leading questions, with the options being 'Nuno out' or 'Stick with 5 at the back'

Who do you want to be the next Prime minister?
1) Boris in
2) Try a dodgy know-it-all from a different party

;)

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The title says unbiased though.

If you ignore the leaning of the OP and the three options to split the out vote with no unsure option that leans towards in, it is the most unbiased poll this week.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand we were very poor at the weekend, and for large parts of the season the football has been turgid as we have struggled to adapt to a new style.

BUT if we had not had the injury to Jiminez, Boly, Jonny, and Marcal and now Neto how do you think we would have fared in the season - my opinion is we would have finished the season at least 9 - 12 points better off and be on target for another season very close to 60 points again.

Where are the problems?
  1. Coady and Sasis are not quick enough to play centre half in a four
  2. Coady gets bullied too easy
  3. Our midfield sits too deep and doesn't contribute to enough goals
  4. Our midfield lacks pace and physicality
  5. We went into a season with one striker and a kid
  6. Jiminez leading from the front has proven very hard to replace
  7. The squad too small (both in numbers and in height/physically)
What do I want;
  • Top-quality 6'4" nasty centre half to replace Sais in a three (or Coady in a four)
  • Mobile and a physical central midfielder to play alongside Neves - play 10 yards higher up the pitch
  • Sell Adama (£30m+) and invest in a wide attacker who can contribute both assists and goals
  • Three strikers (Jiminez, Silva, and one other recognised senior goal scorer)
  • Send out Otasowie on loan to the Championship - I have seen him loads in the U23's he could be fantastic and save us tens of millions, but I bet he doesn't. Not sure about his attitude and application, awesome physical specimen - but falters to deceive and can't be trusted yet.
  • I want Nuno to have a real break, I think this pandemic has really damaged him
  • I want him to decide on a style of play and buy the players capable of playing that style
  • I want them to get players in early and have a proper pre-season working on that style
There is absolutely no need to sack Nuno, now or in the summer. He has proven to be an excellent coach that has had a poor year - not helped by injuries and a global pandemic. He deserves another season - if that what he wants.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I understand we were very poor at the weekend, and for large parts of the season the football has been turgid as we have struggled to adapt to a new style.

BUT if we had not had the injury to Jiminez, Boly, Jonny, and Marcal and now Neto how do you think we would have fared in the season - my opinion is we would have finished the season at least 9 - 12 points better off and be on target for another season very close to 60 points again.

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
  • Top-quality 6'4" nasty centre half to replace Sais in a three (or Coady in a four)
  • Mobile and a physical central midfielder to play alongside Neves - play 10 yards higher up the pitch
  • Sell Adama (£30m+) and invest in a wide attacker who can contribute both assists and goals
  • Send out Otasowie on loan to the Championship - I have seen him loads in the U23's he could be fantastic and save us tens of millions, but I bet he doesn't. Not sure about his attitude and application, awesome physical specimen - but falters to deceive and can't be trusted yet.
  • I want Nuno to have a real break, I think this pandemic has really damaged him
  • I want him to decide on a style of play and buy the players capable of playing that style
  • I want them to get players in early and have a proper pre-season working on that style
There is absolutely no need to sack Nuno, now or in the summer. He has proven to be an excellent coach that has had a poor year - not helped by injuries and a global pandemic. He deserves another season - if that what he wants.

Great post. Agree with pretty much all of that.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
Very well written. Good post

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
Don't agree every nuance and detail but the broad thrust? Hell yes.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
licensed-image

:)

if we lose to the baggies hell will let loose

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
I pressed like but on re-reading I have to say great post! Exactly what I think but I tend to get distracted by attention seekers.

I’ll see if I can make the options clearer... and allow people to change their votes. (Edit I can’t but made it anonymous)

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Made it anonymous for you

Silly Billy

Groupie
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
Ditto my friend.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
Not much to add to that reckon if crowds were back at Molineux he'd be supported by the vast majority of match attending fans.

Silly Billy

Groupie
Reaction score
Not much to add to that reckon if crowds were back at Molineux he'd be supported by the vast majority of match attending fans.
I conducted a small survey of 25 season ticket holding fans the other week. Not a single one wanted him sacked, every single one agreed we had a poor season and things needed to improve but they understood this season has exceptional circumstances. They also confirmed their friend circles have the same views. All of these people have been season ticket holders for at least 15 years and some for 60 home and away.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I voted possibly.

If we lose all our games I'm not sure I'd want him to stay. Hit me with a glass of your hardest vitriol please.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I conducted a small survey of 25 season ticket holding fans the other week. Not a single one wanted him sacked, every single one agreed we had a poor season and things needed to improve but they understood this season has exceptional circumstances. They also confirmed their friend circles have the same views. All of these people have been season ticket holders for at least 15 years and some for 60 home and away.
Same with work colleagues I’m yet to meet a match attending fan who wants him sacked
A few Albion fans do :p

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;

I agree with your sentiments and can't fault your "wants" , but let's see how much of that becomes reality.

Interesting though, that as we discuss the future of our coach it would appear that you don't see one (at Molineux) for our Captain.

Re new signings, we've certainly been linked with some quality additions, but having no European competition on the table may limit our bargaining chips somewhat, but who knows perhaps Mr Mendes will spring another rabbit or two out of the hat.

Whichever way you look at it, its going to be an interesting summer.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I answered with an emphatic NO!!

He's definitely the right man for the job.

OK, there are those saying that on field performances haven't been up to scratch, but every team goes through sticky patches.

He's not been helped by so many injuries to key players. At one point I began to think that we had reappointed Dr Clueless!

People mention his physical demeanour, giving the impression of being totally fed up with the job. Personally I think he's feeling the same despondency that we all are. He wants us to succeed as we have in the past and he can recapture our sparkle to see us re-emerge stronger.

Hang on in there with him and he'll definitely turn things round.

Wolves ONLY Wolves!

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
Fantastic post

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
I actually have little to add to this, I'm just quoting it in case anyone missed it higher up!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree on the above 2 points.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on our performances this season, it's time for a change IMO.

Who knows, Nuno might share this view.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with your sentiments and can't fault your "wants" , but let's see how much of that becomes reality.

Interesting though, that as we discuss the future of our coach it would appear that you don't see one (at Molineux) for our Captain.

Re new signings, we've certainly been linked with some quality additions, but having no European competition on the table may limit our bargaining chips somewhat, but who knows perhaps Mr Mendes will spring another rabbit or two out of the hat.

Or a disappointing one. If we don’t sort ourselves out before 2021/2022 season re ins and outs, I think relegation looms. Not sure how Nuno can have a rest though. Lots of foreign managers in the PL and all have several of the same issues I guess. The issue maybe is Nuno now good enough and can he change the style of play? If we attempt to serve up the same turgid dross in 2021/2022 (and I think he may not be comfortable with any other style?) he must go, although he must be given up to end of 2021 first. Of course, we have no idea if his heart is still in the Project (if such still exists in such Covid times).

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs more financial support from fosun to change to 4 at the back and improve midfield.

Jeff Shi needs to bring in a director of football and also recruit players from outside of mendes stable
He needs to embrace a larger squad because of the number of injury prone players we have.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was a no. Now I am an unsure.

We have become more and more negative over the last year and even now when we are playing dead rubbers or relegation threatened teams, we are still persisting with the same safe tactics and same safe line up.

I don't think we are a good side for bringing youth through, as most of them sit on the bench when they get to a certain level and don't even play u23s. Nuno has his favourites and never moves from that core. It is starting to become difficult to see how we will change with a manager like that.

For me, it is up to Nuno to show in the next few games that he can turn this around and that he is planning for the new season. If we start to try new things and give players like Vitinha a game with a chance to impress, whilst making moves early in the offseason to rebuild, then I will change back to a no.

If we continue to play the same safe line up and negative tactics for the rest of the season, then I will begin to lean further the other way.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was a no. Now I am an unsure.

We have become more and more negative over the last year and even now when we are playing dead rubbers or relegation threatened teams, we are still persisting with the same safe tactics and same safe line up.

I don't think we are a good side for bringing youth through, as most of them sit on the bench when they get to a certain level and don't even play u23s. Nuno has his favourites and never moves from that core. It is starting to become difficult to see how we will change with a manager like that.

For me, it is up to Nuno to show in the next few games that he can turn this around and that he is planning for the new season. If we start to try new things and give players like Vitinha a game with a chance to impress, whilst making moves early in the offseason to rebuild, then I will change back to a no.

If we continue to play the same safe line up and negative tactics for the rest of the season, then I will begin to lean further the other way.

In an ideal world this would be brilliant but he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I'm more than happy for him to try out some of the players we need to make decisions on and for it to perhaps be a little easier on the eye - but if we lose all our games - including next weeks (as we often say we don't have the right players currently for the other system so it could be a possibility), would you be happy to give him a chance next year?

I would, but I'm sure quite a few vocal individuals wouldn't and therefore he's unlikely to come out of it positively either way.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Coady problem is really tough - I love the bloke, and I think he can be excellent in a back three. He just needs a 6'4" beast on both sides of him for him to organise. But if we do that, we lose our attacking threat the extra man in midfield provides.

Without Jiminez and Jonny back to their best and a top-quality upgrade on Sais, I don't see how we can sick with a three. My preference is for a four at the back and a little more entertainment going forward. I think we might just have to play Coady less or accept four or five times a season he is going to get done physically by a Burnley, Fulham, West Ham type side.

Equally, Coady is not a bad premier league player, he did make some excellent blocks even against Burnley but he struggles against big physical players. Our goals against are not that bad, our problem is taking chances.

I think it's a very big summer. I just doubt they have the finances to make the sort of changes I have suggested.

I do think Adama (or possible Neves) will be sold. That will put £30m+ in the kitty. It is worth one of the really big boys paying that for Adama as an impact player, but I do think he is a bit of a luxury for a team like us - does not score enough goals for me.

I think we will sell Mir (£12m), Sanderson (£2m), Adama (£30m), Vinagre (£10m), Ronan (£1m), MGW (£3m), and possibly Kilman (£2m) - that's got to be close to £60m in cash or part-ex value.

I think they will sign RAN (c£12m), Vinitha (c£12m), Guedes (c£25m off-set by Vinagre so about £13m net), Vinicius (c£25m off-set by Mir so about £10m net), that leaves about £15m for a centre half and physical centre midfielder. One purchase and one loan maybe, or maybe they think Gomes will come back from Grasshoppers as a contender.

I do expect something like that to happen, I don't expect much investment on top of what we can generate through sales.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

The Coady problem is really tough - I love the bloke, and I think he can be excellent in a back three. He just needs a 6'4" beast on both sides of him for him to organise. But if we do that, we lose our attacking threat the extra man in midfield provides.

Without Jiminez and Jonny back to their best and a top-quality upgrade on Sais, I don't see how we can sick with a three. My preference is for a four at the back and a little more entertainment going forward. I think we might just have to play Coady less or accept four or five times a season he is going to get done physically by a Burnley, Fulham, West Ham type side.

Equally, Coady is not a bad premier league player, he did make some excellent blocks even against Burnley but he struggles against big physical players. Our goals against are not that bad, our problem is taking chances.

I think it's a very big summer. I just doubt they have the finances to make the sort of changes I have suggested.

I do think Adama (or possible Neves) will be sold. That will put £30m+ in the kitty. It is worth one of the really big boys paying that for Adama as an impact player, but I do think he is a bit of a luxury for a team like us - does not score enough goals for me.

I think we will sell Mir (£12m), Sanderson (£2m), Adama (£30m), Vinagre (£10m), Ronan (£1m), MGW (£3m), and possibly Kilman (£2m) - that's got to be close to £60m in cash or part-ex value.

I think they will sign RAN (c£12m), Vinitha (c£12m), Guedes (c£25m off-set by Vinagre so about £13m net), Vinicius (c£25m off-set by Mir so about £10m net), that leaves about £15m for a centre half and physical centre midfielder. One purchase and one loan maybe, or maybe they think Gomes will come back from Grasshoppers as a contender.

I do expect something like that to happen, I don't expect much investment on top of what we can generate through sales.
Are you interested in the manager's job?

I think that makes a lot of sense. Definitely time to offload Adama - he just unbalances everything. As much as he can be dynamite on his day (and definitely would be against us) there are way too many days when all he does if give goals away, fall over or blaze over the bar. (I'm no football expert and I dont know if he would gel better with your incomings, but for me he and Podence are a microcosm of the frustration we have been this season).

I disagree about our defence not being the problem though. With our defence it provides so many tactical options for opposing managers that they are bound to get it right sometimes and we look very exposed. This is even more true without Jonny there.

I really think we need two or 3 players with super high confidence and who the opposition are truly scared of. After losing Jota, we had four in Jonny, Coady, Raul and Neto. Three of these are injured, and Coady's confidence has collapsed (perhaps due to the lack of snotter beside him that he can tell what to do). I support the signing of RAN and Vitinha, and like the idea of Guedes and Vinicius as players the opposition will need to worry about. I also think Neves and to some degree Mouts (from the bench) would be a lot better than they have shown this season if there was a bit of the weight lifted from their shoulders.

Overall that's the best and most constructive post I have seen on Molineux Mix for years :)

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two x top seven finishes means he has earned the right to have a not so good season. There were extenuating circumstances this time.

However this issues are ;

Lack of goals
Lack of pace
Conor Coady and Roman Saiss
Lack of midfield creativity
Jao replacement

We are badly in need of a rebooting, the difficulty is however that significant investment will not be forthcoming in the current uncertain economic scene globally.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Agree completely.

I can't see why you thought the previous poll was in any way asking leading questions, with the options being 'Nuno out' or 'Stick with 5 at the back'

Who do you want to be the next Prime minister?
1) Boris in
2) Try a dodgy know-it-all from a different party

;)
I can see the wink, but a better way to phrase it would be:

a) do you want Boris to stay?
b) I want Jeremy Corbyn instead

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score

Where are the problems?
What do I want;
A lot of sense talked here. I would keep Adama for at least another season at least. He is always going to struggle to press and chase for 90 minutes though with his physique. Definitely better of the bench more Hussain Bolt than Mo Fara.

Back
Top Bottom