Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird world.

£60mish you'd have snapped City's hands off in May.
Yeah true.
Just feels like after paying big for him and paying his wages for a year we deserved one decent season out of him before he got his big move.

His reasonably poor performances for us last season contributed to us struggling; now after it’s started to look like he’s adapted to the league he jumps ship. He’s not even had the grace to conduct himself correctly.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking forward to this being resolved.

Fingers crossed the next few days leave me excited and not moaning.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to this being resolved.

Fingers crossed the next few days leave me excited and not moaning.
We've only got 2 days left of the window. We need this resolved, one way or the other, today to get deals across the line.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he massively splits opinion on here, but I think given his performances here we have done very well to make a profit on him. He completely flopped for us last season, so much so that when they are talking about this transfer on Sky Sports News they don’t even reference his stats and performances for Wolves, they talk about him at Sporting. He may well turn in to the player he very rarely showed glimpses of at Wolves under Pep, surrounded by world class players… but he just didn’t do it for Wolves. Good move for us, imo.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't class our style under Nuno as negative at all. Defense first, sure, but with a clear and strong (counter) attacking plan and the player to deliver it. It was also, mostly, enjoyable to watch.

This might be sacrilege but I actually don't care what league we're in - I just want to actually enjoy watching Wolves play again.
Swashbuckling is my definition of that era!!

High energy, total commitment for the longest time in his reign.

No reason we can’t play like that again with the right players….

Zosothethird

Reaction score
If MGW got the abuse he did when he came back here, Nunes deserves double
I remember the booing of Danny Mills back in the day. And a notable game against Watford when Ben Foster was visibly shaken up - he admitted recently that the attention from the fans put him off his game.

With Nunes, I’d be up for 90 minutes abuse, take a breath and then have a go at him for the 15 mins added time as well. We can stop to cheer our goals when they go in of course, but other than that we should give him the reception he deserves.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will happen, I applaud Wolves and GON for being firm on it even down to the "I think I will see him sunday"
Moved all the pressure to them
GON doesn't handle transfers, he is just the coach, but anyway, how can you applaud a recruitment team that asked for £70m and then caves and accepts City's first offer?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will happen, I applaud Wolves and GON for being firm on it even down to the "I think I will see him sunday"
Moved all the pressure to them
What has GON got to do with a transfer??

Managers do nothing with this stuff on sales. They can be used to sell the club to a target, but he won’t have spoken to city.

Would be Hobbs and his team if this is done.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure he’s done anything to deserve that.

It has weeded out how he really felt about being here though.. so I am quite glad he’s gone. Excited about the kind of players we can get in with this money.. signs have been promising
I’m sure how read somewhere that he said no to a move to Wolves 2 or 3 times before finally being persuaded to move. Unlike Gomes, his heart was never really in it.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Happy to get shot of Nunes for decent money and a promising player. Just hope Doyle genuinely wants to come (greater chance of playing etc.) and doesn't feel he's being used as a pawn or forced into making the move.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the fact he played very very well against them twice in the champions league probably helped him.
Yeah - I assume they're viewing last season as a one off. Don't get me wrong, I think there is a cracking player in nunes. It's just a shame we never saw it.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expect severe pelters on his return
An absolute ****in tool and disgrace
Nunes go break a leg………literally
Dont get the hate, I am afraid. Players move on, and top players move to the currently top clubs.

Looks like we have got a reasonable deal, so accept that.

If we had looked like making a serious effort for Europe under Lopetegui, then I expect he would have stayed.

And that is how it will continue. If we can put together a team capable of challenging the top 6/cup runs, we
will hang onto our best players for the following season. If not, we have to reboot and go again.

Wolves are one of those clubs who do inspire a degree of loyalty from some players, but it wont be the case
with every player.

Back
Top Bottom