Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I’ll be slated for this but truly think we are done.

‘squad’ is decimated

Stadium is a rotting corpse of a joke

No one will want to buy us that can afford to truly compete

We are forever locked out, the giant doesn’t wake, there is no fairytale

Fosun will sell us to some idiot jokers

Relegation, trips to some god forsaken northern towns

Maybe that’s all there ever was and I let Fosun / Mendes / Nuno allow me to briefly dream

All is lost… forever now. No young fans keeping us going they are all shut out anyway.

Super league, closed shop cartels.

It’s all over.

Other than that the outlook seems pretty bright.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Pep praising him up so highly was odd at the time. If Pep wanted him why would he show his cards?
Its reported City have agreed personal terms. You cant do that without permission from Wolves - otherwise that would imply tapping up wouldn't it?
I dunno I'm just very surprised at this turn of events. But if true I think we will get good money like we did for Neves and Gibbs White. I expect no less than £60m and possibly alot more if City think Liverpool are also interested.
If we do business I expect us to reinvest but only loans with options and frees.

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Pep praising him up so highly was odd at the time. If Pep wanted him why would he show his cards?
Its reported City have agreed personal terms. You cant do that without permission from Wolves - otherwise that would imply tapping up wouldn't it?
I dunno I'm just very surprised at this turn of events. But if true I think we will get good money like we did for Neves and Gibbs White. I expect no less than £60m and possibly alot more if City think Liverpool are also interested.
If we do business I expect us to reinvest buy only loans with options and frees.
Thing is, if personal terms have been agreed Nunes isn’t going to like it if the rug is pulled. On the verge of playing for Pep and Man City to having to slog it out for Gary O’Neil and Wolves. It’s gonna hurt!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In hindsight, it looks increasingly like Nuno was succesful despite Fosun, not because of Fosun.
Fosun was also the reason he left. Lord knows that maybe new ownership could see him return.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If we do business I expect us to reinvest but only loans with options and frees.
Who's reporting they've agreed personal terms?

Never mind, sorry, seen in in the Guardian at least. That's ridiculous before there's even a bid. They can foxtrot Oscar at €50m.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had the big advantage of having time to build a team ethos in a lower league with players that were well beyond that level.

It was a ridiculously strong team for the Championship, and that was due to Fosun's Mendes connections. They did well for us then.

That momemtum then carried us into Europe. Then it all fell apart

Much harder to do in the Premier League when it's a burning platform.

Nobody said it was easy. And I don't think it was momentum that carried us into Europe. It was quality. Momentum is what took Sheff U to 10th before they collapsed the next season - with much the same team. Our team has changed. Too many, nearly all perhaps, of the players of the succesful years have been replaced by poorer quality players.

Momentum was a small factor in the first season. But the sheer quality of those players and the quality of their management was by far the main factor. And if good decisions had been made since then, we'd still be OK. It's a string of mostly poor decision making that has caused us to struggle. We had a squad that despite already losing quality, even Bruno could take to 10th place!

It's falling apart due to neglect.

SydneyWolf26

Groupie
Reaction score
IMO not as big a loss as some are making out. Although the main concern is whether Jeff reinvests any of the money, or just ships it all back to China. Hopefully we can get Todd Boehly on the phone this week to outbid City.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were they really though, or was it down to Nuno? I'm struggling to see what Fosun have done well outside of Nuno tbh.

Wolves Music - abject failure
Wolves Fashion - abject failure

Wolves Football (yay, the thing we care about) - outside of Nuno, I'd argue it's been a pretty significant failure based on the level of investment.

You're right, Fosun has been good in the sense that when money was free they were happy to borrow to try and build their revenues. Now money isn't free they're sucking every last bit of blood they can get. Does that really sound like good ownership to you?

What's next? Who knows. Presumably, we'll be back in our spiritual home of The Championship with this clown of a manager and Shaun Derry telling whatever free journeymen we sign in the summer to play the ball forward faster, ideally at head height, whilst Fosun keeps their hands in their pockets or sell us after selling our valuable playing assets.

Fans need to get vocal immediately. You do not do this to an institution. Especially not Wolverhampton ****ing Wanderers.
I meant as a conglomerate nothing to do with Wolves only

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the bright side, at least Nunes won't get injured this weekend.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up until the Man U match; I wouldn't have cared if we lost Nunes. Then, he showed what he could do. His best game for Wolves by far. We then saw the 'usual' Nunes against Brighton - a few carries, but otherwise ineffective. We again saw the petulance in getting sent off. We've seen that before!
IF, we reinvest the Nunes money, the sale makes sense and could rescue our season. If the money goes back to Fosun and our already threadbare squad becomes lighter, then the season is dead. The message from Fosun would be that they don't care about Wolves and are asset-stripping. The next few days will be very telling.
Generally, we are not a large-enough club to keep our players if Citeh, Liverpool, Yernited etc... come knocking, so we might as well maximise what we can get for our players in those instances.
Surprised it's Citeh though, as they've just given Bernardo a new contract and signed Doku from Rennes, although they did lose Mahrez and Gundogan over the summer and Phillips not looking too secure, I s'pose!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has a Premier League team ever had a ****ter and more depressing transfer window than this years at Wolves? Still time to turn it around in theory, but also still time for Fosun to inflict further misery.

Back in May I was of the mind that if we could clear out some of the deadwood and bring in 3/4 decent signings, we might have an outside chance of Europe under Lopetegui lol. Be lucky to stay up now I fear. **** off Fosun

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has a Premier League team ever had a ****ter and more depressing transfer window than this years at Wolves? Still time to turn it around in theory, but also still time for Fosun to inflict further misery.

Back in May I was of the mind that if we could clear out some of the deadwood and bring in 3/4 decent signings, we might have an outside chance of Europe under Lopetegui lol. Be lucky to stay up now I fear. **** off Fosun
We were a cb, cf and probably a midfielder away from a European push

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GK 100% upgrade on Sa needed
CB x2 (Dawson needs replacing)
CM to replace Nunes / Neves
Winger / forward for goals to be scored

4 decent players could transform us
We’ll end up with Elvedi, Brownhill, Cresswell and Antonio and no further sales after Nunes (and poss Semedo) if we’re lucky, the way things are going?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have zero confidence that the funds, if we sell, will be reinvested. Even by our standards this is an almighty shambles. What message does it send to the players who remain?
If I was a Wolves player I’d have been having quite a few chats with my agent of late. Nunes clearly has. I dare say there are others? I suspect we will bring a few in, but it won’t be anything overly exciting - Elvedi, Brownhill, perhaps Doyle or Mcatee on a loan? Antonio ffs? £20 million odd spend. Business the club should have absolutely been able to do without needing to sell £200 million of players first?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have zero confidence that the funds, if we sell, will be reinvested. Even by our standards this is an almighty shambles. What message does it send to the players who remain?
That they can look forward to cold windy nights in Stoke.

This window has set us up for the championship, so why did we sell Giles? He would likely have been our left back once we have had to sell RAN and likely Bueno too. As we will have to “balance” the books to make up for the loss of premier league money.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was a Wolves player I’d have been having quite a few chats with my agent of late. Nunes clearly has. I dare say there are others? I suspect we will bring a few in, but it won’t be anything overly exciting - Elvedi, Brownhill, perhaps Doyle or Mcatee on a loan? Antonio ffs? £20 million odd spend. Business the club should have absolutely been able to do without needing to sell £200 million of players first?
Fosun are not competant football owners….

They are trying to run wolves like a “real world” business and that is a major part of the issues we now face.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are not competant football owners….

They are trying to run wolves like a “real world” business and that is a major part of the issues we now face.
Real world businesses of course fail all the time. I’d say there seems quite a considerable level of risk of them tanking us out of the top league around right now? We’ve got disaster written all over us tbqh

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real world businesses of course fail all the time. I’d say there seems quite a considerable level of risk of them tanking us out of the top league around right now? We’ve got disaster written all over us tbqh
The signs have been there since Nuno got sacked…. Many just burried their heads in the sand and ignored it, getting overly defensive.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind if I knew that money was going to be reinvested in the squad, Nunes has been way more “miss” than “hit” for us after arriving with such a big reputation. I just have no confidence in anyone at the club that that will happen.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
We were a cb, cf and probably a midfielder away from a European push
If our forwards stayed fit and performed just a decent center half or 2 for cover may have been enough . Scott would have been a luxury/ one for the future. Whatever you think of Lopetegui as a person no wonder he left.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No offence but you’re a real ray of sunshine after two games. GON may turn out to be crap but he is here and wants to be here unlike our mercenary former boss. He may just get this lot to perform like Pearson got Leicester to perform in 2015 . This may be the point where we re discover a true team and pack mentality. I would sooner go down swinging than the turgid abject ****e served up for the last three seasons. Give him a chance .
You see how this summer is panning out any you’re still calling Julen a mercenary? And of course O Neil wants to be here as no other Premier league club would have been stupid enough to give him a job.

Back
Top Bottom