Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mean, I wish the NHL had relegation. Seriously. Not having relegation means that you can do stupid stuff and all that needs to happen is a 5-year rebuild to "fix" the salary cap. Those 5 years are a massive waste. And just like Wolves, the ticket prices keep raising even when they're in a rebuild. One or two bad contracts can mean the end of your team for years and years. In football, you can just loan them away.

So there's good and bad to both.

Where-as you never know what's going to happen in football. I never thought I'd see the day that Wolves spent 177 million in a single window. Of course, that 177 million was spent really poorly, but still, lol.
The team isn’t at much risk of going bump though either because of the salary caps, you can also go from pretty **** to championship contenders pretty quickly depending on trades etc, horses for
Courses I guess.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was sarcasm.... what part of that didn't you understand?
Despite the valuation of the club estimated at the time to be £400m, Fosun were looking at raising £150m. There was interest from U.S investors but having minimal say in the running of the club sent them running. Sarcasm or not, doesn’t mean you’re right.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, and if you factor in what we’ve sold over the last 12 months, then it’s a net spend of 60m, or 30m per year, which isn’t massive.
Yeah 72 million euros, whatever that is converted. But I mean even 60 million is more than half of the allowable losses (without factoring in other numbers, but we multiple coaching changes, etc, I'm sure that's not helping those numbers).

Then again, I don't know everything that counts towards FFP and everything that doesn't. Maybe I'm wrong and FFP really isn't a problem. I just don't think Fosun have pulled the plug unless we don't spend next year. Like I've said many times - we don't get anywhere near enough info as fans on this sport. I wish FFP numbers were publicly available, but then it would be hard to turn a blind eye to the top clubs.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wouldn't think City would have agreed personal terms unless they thought it was done.
Many clubs don’t start offering fees unless they know the player will sign and they are nearly at an agreement on personal terms.

Tapping up happens all the time…..

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know, because people who I trust, who have contacts at the club, have told me. I’m genuinely telling you that FFP is not the issue at play here and that’s completely up to you whether you believe me or not.
Can you explain to me how it's not the issue, based on the info we have at hand, plus what happened last season with massive spending?

No one has been able to give me actual numbers other than "look at other teams" or "I have a source that knows." I'm not saying you don't have a source. And I'm not saying your source isn't correct. I'm just saying there's nothing I've seen that proves there's not FFP issues and last year's spending makes me believe that there is.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
98% of the forum wanted almost all of them gone. So.... yes?
They wanted them gone with no replacements did they?

i really can’t understand what your agenda is? I’ve just demonstrated (even without neves) that 5 players worth of appearances have walked out the door with no replacement other than Doc so that by definition cannot be excess fat and you’re arguing it is because people don’t rate them?

You don’t have to defend everything the club does?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite the valuation of the club estimated at the time to be £400m, Fosun were looking at raising £150m. There was interest from U.S investors but having minimal say in the running of the club sent them running. Sarcasm or not, doesn’t mean you’re right.
My sarcasm wasn't aimed at you TW, it was aimed at our deluded owners, for valuing our club at a preposterous level.
£150m-£200m for 20%?!!!
I adore my football club, but even with my best gold-tinted glasses on, I couldn't place that sort of value on it!
If I caused offence, I apologise, but it certainly wasn't my intention, and I also wasn't trying to rubbish what you'd said, despite any disbelief I had in those ridiculous figures quoted.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you explain to me how it's not the issue, based on the info we have at hand, plus what happened last season with massive spending?

No one has been able to give me actual numbers other than "look at other teams" or "I have a source that knows." I'm not saying you don't have a source. And I'm not saying your source isn't correct. I'm just saying there's nothing I've seen that proves there's not FFP issues and last year's spending makes me believe that there is.
Well the Transfer Market losses don’t take into account the massive TV revenues and gate receipts etc.. I am not privy to the details either, but our transfer losses haven’t been that big considering all the incoming revenues

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With clubs we’re negotiating with knowing we’ve sold Nunes for X amount, and also having sold £97m worth of players previously too.

We’ll hardly be in a strong position.
We're a Club in serial decline with a 3rd rate manager, selling its best assets and you have to wonder what players would want to come here right now? We're nailed on for a relegation battle in front of a potentially hostile and vociferous crowd at Molineux every game. What a **** up.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

if you so wish you can calculate the numbers and people have on twitter and on the ffp thread.

We did need to sell Neves to be compliant which we did. There is money available to spend if we wished to hence the Alex Scott bids, unless you really believe that we bid without having any money?

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I know, because people who I trust, who have contacts at the club, have told me. I’m genuinely telling you that FFP is not the issue at play here and that’s completely up to you whether you believe me or not.
I think that this is likely true now. FFP was clearly a problem to deal with during this window, but we've probably had enough sales to get some breathing room for next year (when our "profit" year comes off). I think that FOSUN gave us an "advance" for last year's summer and winter spending, so we are paying that back. We have always tried to operate under the model of "self-sufficiency" and our spending hasn't matched that model and now we are right-sizing again. Note that Hobbs was talking about targeting players in the £8-15 million range. After we claw back the losses, then that's the direction you'll see, in my opinion.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They wanted them gone with no replacements did they?

i really can’t understand what your agenda is? I’ve just demonstrated (even without neves) that 5 players worth of appearances have walked out the door with no replacement other than Doc so that by definition cannot be excess fat and you’re arguing it is because people don’t rate them?

You don’t have to defend everything the club does?
I mean I can do the same thing and say you don't have to trash everything the club does?

I wanted every single one of those players out because I didn't think they they'd help us win more games than we'd lose. Many others here did as well. And we have replacements for some of them, that's a bit shady to say we didn't. Silva is here for Jimenez. Sasa is back so Costa not needed. etc, etc.

There is lots of things the club have done that I don't like. There's been a ton of transfers I've not been keen on. I'll be upset if we don't bring anyone in this window as well. I'm just not going to pull out the remainder of my hair because of it.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the re run of Brighton
Defensive play by semedo and RAN was shocking.
Sa should have done better with the second
Silva RAN and HWang all should score their chances
Nunes was an absolute **** to get a red
If he and Semedo go they won’t be missed that much sadly

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the Transfer Market losses don’t take into account the massive TV revenues and gate receipts etc.. I am not privy to the details either, but our transfer losses haven’t been that big considering all the incoming revenues
Again, there's still no numbers. And I don't blame you. I blame the fact that this sport doesn't value your their fans because there's just so many of us. The fact that numbers aren't more easily accessible is a pretty easy way to turn a blind eye to many things which is disgusting.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My sarcasm wasn't aimed at you TW, it was aimed at our deluded owners, for valuing our club at a preposterous level.
£150m-£200m for 20%?!!!
I adore my football club, but even with my best gold-tinted glasses on, I couldn't place that sort of value on it!
If I caused offence, I apologise, but it certainly wasn't my intention, and I also wasn't trying to rubbish what you'd said, despite any disbelief I had in those ridiculous figures quoted.
No need to apologise mate. I got the wrong end of the stick

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, there's still no numbers. And I don't blame you. I blame the fact that this sport doesn't value your their fans because there's just so many of us. The fact that numbers aren't more easily accessible is a pretty easy way to turn a blind eye to many things which is disgusting.
Those numbers are very easily accessible if you work for the club mate.

They just won’t and don’t have to share it with us.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Fosun are in financial trouble, in fact their handling of this shows why!

If we are relegated they’ll write off a couple of hundred million off the clubs price! Are they always so reckless?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I mean I can do the same thing and say you don't have to trash everything the club does?

I wanted every single one of those players out because I didn't think they they'd help us win more games than we'd lose. Many others here did as well. And we have replacements for some of them, that's a bit shady to say we didn't. Silva is here for Jimenez. Sasa is back so Costa not needed. etc, etc.

There is lots of things the club have done that I don't like. There's been a ton of transfers I've not been keen on.

Ok so 3 in and 6 out then? That’s not shady is it?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if you so wish you can calculate the numbers and people have on twitter and on the ffp thread.

We did need to sell Neves to be compliant which we did. There is money available to spend if we wished to hence the Alex Scott bids, unless you really believe that we bid without having any money?
I've said multiple times we could spend money now. However I think that still hurts us going forward because of last year's huge spend/loss. So if we spend too much now, we'd need big sales again next year.

And that's assuming Fosun want to continue to invest the maximum since as far as I'm aware, the true allowable loss is only 5 million per season, so 15 million total.

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
There was no mention of any interest before the game. And if he wasn’t wanting to risk injury and jeopardise the move, why would you go through 90 plus minutes flat out before getting yourself sent off.

Surely you’d just claim a minor injury beforehand.
[/
There was no mention of any interest before the game. And if he wasn’t wanting to risk injury and jeopardise the move, why would you go through 90 plus minut
Exactly the kind of thing Brighton did though and found gems like Mitoma.
You're assuming there's been some contingency signing plans that we can complete in a week though.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those numbers are very easily accessible if you work for the club mate.

They just won’t and don’t have to share it with us.
For sure. I'm sure it's actually somewhere in the middle, to be honest.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Fosun are in financial trouble, in fact their handling of this shows why!

If we are relegated they’ll write off a couple of hundred million off the clubs price! Are they always so reckless?
It's not hard to see why their business is going down the pan when you see how they've ran us the last few years.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've said multiple times we could spend money now. However I think that still hurts us going forward because of last year's huge spend/loss. So if we spend too much now, we'd need big sales again next year.

And that's assuming Fosun want to continue to invest the maximum since as far as I'm aware, the true allowable loss is only 5 million per season, so 15 million total.
Why aren’t we spending money then? I don’t even mean on luxury nice to have players, we have 3 cbs so if you believe that FFP also isn’t the issue now (like I do), why haven’t we signed a CB?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not hard to see why their business is going down the pan when you see how they've ran us the last few years.
also negates the “well fosun are massive and really successful so can’t be doing a bad job” argument totally redundant looking at our financial state and fosuns as a whole….

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personal terms can be agreed before a bid accepted, no? As long as Wolves gave him permission to speak?
I’m afraid I think you’ll find agents just act on the players behalf so it’s all above board, the player doesn’t have to be there

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personal terms can be agreed before a bid accepted, no? As long as Wolves gave him permission to speak?
My understanding is the club don’t even need to give him permission as long as city go through his agent and don’t approach him directly.

I think in the past tapping up scandals (Ashley Cole for instance), that was a rule break as they spoke to Cole directly.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so 3 in and 6 out then? That’s not shady is it?
Not at all to me especially after we had so many incomings in January.

I still think we have a really good side. I just wish we'd have had people with brains run the ship and not wasted so much money over the past few years. So many bad signings.

They could have just signed David and we'd be scoring for days. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
also negates the “well fosun are massive and really successful so can’t be doing a bad job” argument totally redundant looking at our financial state and fosuns as a whole….
Fosun are massive and were doing a magnificent job

I think that’s fair, how much longer they’re massive for is to be seen

Back
Top Bottom