Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
China is ****ed, so fosun are ****ed, so we are ****ed
I totally get that, and appreciate that.
So do we keep swallowing the FFP line then?
They're streamlining the business in order to sell, of that I'm sure, why keep sugar coating the BS?
I'd have a great deal more respect for them if they told it like it was.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I believe Nunes doesn't want to be here and tbh hasn't wanted to be here since he arrived. Especially now that JL has gone. I accept he's put more into it than Guedes, but that wasn't hard, but I've said for a while you wouldn't want him with you in the trenches. I just don't see him slogging it out in a real relegation scrap; just compare him to Neves who would have died for Wolves. I think we have to accept we're in a bigger mess week by week and will Nunes going make things immeasurably worse? Imo no. We're in a relegation fight possibly already and we have bigger and better street fighters than him. If he wants to go and we can get a shed load for him then **** off.
I agree with this completely

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to single you out, but how can people be in such denial? Do you think people arrived at this conclusion solely on the basis of Nunes being sold? Lol
We sold Neves who was a first team player. Everyone else was excess fat. Semedo and Nunes, if they go, are too inconsistent. It would leave us low on numbers and I’d be ‘disappointed’ with no additions.
I still think our squad is better than Luton, Blades, Everton and Burnley.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I appreciate that I know very well how brighton do it and last year we were very much fishing in the same pond, Brighton also have a very strict wage structure hence why they accept losing these players after making a huge profit.
Difference is we’ve been spending big on well known talent and recently it’s not worked as quick as we’d want.
Brighton have been doing it for a few years now and have made plenty of mistakes although when those mistakes are under £10m it’s not a huge deal.

Yep Brighton weren't spunking money on Barca right backs or Atletico Madrid strikers.

They've spent big on people like João Pedro who is already proven in the prem to an extent and yet still has room to grow.

If MGW had Brighton he would have been blooded too.

They still won't keep it up if they just sell every time though.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally get that, and appreciate that.
So do we keep swallowing the FFP line then?
They're streamlining the business in order to sell, of that I'm sure, why keep sugar coating the BS?
I'd have a great deal more respect for them if they told it like it was.
I never believed the FFP line. Fed to Liam to shut him up. I guess they didnt want to admit to selling because it weakened their hand? They have twisted logic

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to feel it in The Wanderer when we were dragged in as kids before a game and the adults used to pile up to the bar for the Newcy Browns. Tandori before the game. It was hostile, but it was brilliant. Loved it.

Football is totally different now. The matchday experience is as boring as it gets tbh. Doesn't help that the football has been as poor as the atmosphere.

I'd honestly ban phones in a stadium if I could. Few things annoy me more than fans recording penalties etc. And it 100% impacts the atmosphere.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I believe Nunes doesn't want to be here and tbh hasn't wanted to be here since he arrived. Especially now that JL has gone. I accept he's put more into it than Guedes, but that wasn't hard, but I've said for a while you wouldn't want him with you in the trenches. I just don't see him slogging it out in a real relegation scrap; just compare him to Neves who would have died for Wolves. I think we have to accept we're in a bigger mess week by week and will Nunes going make things immeasurably worse? Imo no. We're in a relegation fight possibly already and we have bigger and better street fighters than him. If he wants to go and we can get a shed load for him then **** off.
Wasn’t all that long ago when fans could never imagine us ever being able to sign players like Neves, Jimenez, Jota, Nunes, Cunha, Gomes etc.

We’re all too ready shout ‘**** them off we need cloggers and sloggers’. Should be careful what we wish for.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour being the key word there, many people on here know that FFP isn’t the only thing at play here and our FFP problems are nowhere near as dire as the likes of the E&S are reporting.

And I don’t see how 90 million vs 0 is stretching it? We have added 2 free transfers, one being a third choice goalkeeper, and lost Neves, Adama, Raul, Collins, Moutinho and Costa from our first team squad last year.

I don’t really understand what you mean by Fosun throwing money in and not knowing how it’s spent? They run the club, the make the decisions? If they would the club tomorrow they’d have had a fun play around with a football club for a few years, raised their profile in Europe and walked away with a profit. They aren’t doing us some big favour here.

Also, Shi is nothing but a mouth piece for the owners, an incompetent one but a mouthpiece all the same. Removing or not makes little difference.

You may think Fosun are some wonderful organisation that have brought nothing but joy but unfortunately, having seen the cost of my ticket almost double in the last 4 years, the facilities of the stadium see no improvement or investment, and dire football on the pitch while the club stagnates. I don’t share the same view as you.
How do they know? Because they say they know? Some people in the media say it's bad. Some say it's not as bad as it's being made out. I think personally it's somewhere in the middle. I think it's fine right now so long as don't spend a ton. And then I think we will be able to spend pretty freely next year. Last year no doubt hurt the FFP.

No one truly knows because we don't have access to the numbers because for some reason this lovely sport likes to have things in super grey areas.

Financials? Hard to get a hold of, especially the whole picture. VAR? No accountability. Time-keeping? Non-existent and made up.

Do you really think Fosun (aside from Shi, who I count as a member of the club, not our funding source) know ALL that much about our sport? No. That's why you put people in place to run things. IE: Shi/Sellars and now Shi/Hobbs. The ones who give Shi the funds to spend aren't making the decisions on the players. And the fact is... we spent huge money last year and what did it get them? I can see why they're ****ed and why they want to make a profit this window. It's pretty easy to see because last season was a massive ****ing failure.

And that's fine, you're allowed to have your view. I obviously, across the pond, I have a different one. Doesn't mean our views mean any less than one anothers. I wish we could both be happy. What I care about is being able to watch my team play. For years, I would see a few games a year because we'd only have 4-5 PL games every weekend in Canada and the odd Championship game. So to me Fosun has been a live-saver because I've got to watch my club for 6 years without missing games.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the E&S Nunes wants the move and it has been reported that personal terms have been agreed. His head has been turned and who can blame him. Man City European Champions, PL Champions and FA Cup winners or Wolves and possibly another relegation scrap. No brainer.
If personal terms have been agreed it’s as good as done and dusted.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sucks.. but at least you won’t be relegated into a hellhole league.. and you know with the drafting cycles that you will be very competitive again soon.

I like the way US sports does salary caps and drafts tbh.. everyone has their day. (Unless you’re a Browns fan).
Every league is different with the cap. NHL seems to be the most strict, NFL the most confusing, and Baseball probably the best we could hope for over here.

Baseball uses a luxary tax system. So there's a soft cap which can go over, but have to pay varying degrees of "tax" that's split between the teams that comply with the soft cap and a pension for the players.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is NNW, who is the "we" you refer to regarding the shed load?
Do you honestly believe the club will see any/any sizeable amount of any incoming from his sale?
I assume sale proceeds go to Wolves and I take your point that will it result in new player arrivals? Who knows and who knows what Fosun's plans are for the club? From a financial view point I have to believe they don't want us relegated so they need to strengthen the squad before Aug 31, from Nunes's sale, otherwise we are likely to be in the same situation as last season. I haven't a clue what's going on at Molineux right now; I'm not sure Hobbs et al have either which is worrying.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd honestly ban phones in a stadium if I could. Few things annoy me more than fans recording penalties etc. And it 100% impacts the atmosphere.
Bang on.

Just dont see the point. live for the moment. Just wanting just to get a few likes on social media for the video, does my head in.

Reactions: Ned

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not really comparable though is it, your NHL team won’t get relegated.
I mean, I wish the NHL had relegation. Seriously. Not having relegation means that you can do stupid stuff and all that needs to happen is a 5-year rebuild to "fix" the salary cap. Those 5 years are a massive waste. And just like Wolves, the ticket prices keep raising even when they're in a rebuild. One or two bad contracts can mean the end of your team for years and years. In football, you can just loan them away.

So there's good and bad to both.

Where-as you never know what's going to happen in football. I never thought I'd see the day that Wolves spent 177 million in a single window. Of course, that 177 million was spent really poorly, but still, lol.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We sold Neves who was a first team player. Everyone else was excess fat. Semedo and Nunes, if they go, are too inconsistent. It would leave us low on numbers and I’d be ‘disappointed’ with no additions.
I still think our squad is better than Luton, Blades, Everton and Burnley.

Raul - 15 games
Collins - 26 games
Traore - 34 games
Moutinho - 31 games
Costa - 23 games
Podence (to go) - 32 games

161 combined appearances of excess fat?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, I wish the NHL had relegation. Seriously. Not having relegation means that you can do stupid stuff and all that needs to happen is a 5-year rebuild to "fix" the salary cap. Those 5 years are a massive waste. And just like Wolves, the ticket prices keep raising even when they're in a rebuild. One or two bad contracts can mean the end of your team for years and years. In football, you can just loan them away.

So there's good and bad to both.

Where-as you never know what's going to happen in football. I never thought I'd see the day that Wolves spent 177 million in a single window. Of course, that 177 million was spent really poorly, but still, lol.
That 177mill was spent over 2 windows I think.. summer and January?

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Yep Brighton weren't spunking money on Barca right backs or Atletico Madrid strikers.

They've spent big on people like João Pedro who is already proven in the prem to an extent and yet still has room to grow.

If MGW had Brighton he would have been blooded too.

They still won't keep it up if they just sell every time though.
That’s their plan now, adding a few bigger fee players whilst flipping a few others. They’ve also invested in some older experienced players. Then they have players like Solly March and Dunk who on paper are not great players and if we were linked with fans would complain. But they compliment their system and key players.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If personal terms have been agreed it’s as good as done and dusted.
I think most deals nowadays start with gauging the player's interest to avoid wasting time, it's become fairly common practice.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the E&S Nunes wants the move and it has been reported that personal terms have been agreed. His head has been turned and who can blame him. Man City European Champions, PL Champions and FA Cup winners or Wolves and possibly another relegation scrap. No brainer.
I can see the sale going through. Problem is it will be protracted, as these things always are, and we'll have about 5 minutes left of the window to get some others in. Can this season get more ridiculous?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the sale going through. Problem is it will be protracted, as these things always are, and we'll have about 5 minutes left of the window to get some others in. Can this season get more ridiculous?

With clubs we’re negotiating with knowing we’ve sold Nunes for X amount, and also having sold £97m worth of players previously too.

We’ll hardly be in a strong position.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That 177mill was spent over 2 windows I think.. summer and January?

Yes, and if you factor in what we’ve sold over the last 12 months, then it’s a net spend of 60m, or 30m per year, which isn’t massive.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do they know? Because they say they know? Some people in the media say it's bad. Some say it's not as bad as it's being made out. I think personally it's somewhere in the middle. I think it's fine right now so long as don't spend a ton. And then I think we will be able to spend pretty freely next year. Last year no doubt hurt the FFP.

No one truly knows because we don't have access to the numbers because for some reason this lovely sport likes to have things in super grey areas.

Financials? Hard to get a hold of, especially the whole picture. VAR? No accountability. Time-keeping? Non-existent and made up.

Do you really think Fosun (aside from Shi, who I count as a member of the club, not our funding source) know ALL that much about our sport? No. That's why you put people in place to run things. IE: Shi/Sellars and now Shi/Hobbs. The ones who give Shi the funds to spend aren't making the decisions on the players. And the fact is... we spent huge money last year and what did it get them? I can see why they're ****ed and why they want to make a profit this window. It's pretty easy to see because last season was a massive ****ing failure.

And that's fine, you're allowed to have your view. I obviously, across the pond, I have a different one. Doesn't mean our views mean any less than one anothers. I wish we could both be happy. What I care about is being able to watch my team play. For years, I would see a few games a year because we'd only have 4-5 PL games every weekend in Canada and the odd Championship game. So to me Fosun has been a live-saver because I've got to watch my club for 6 years without missing games.
I know, because people who I trust, who have contacts at the club, have told me. I’m genuinely telling you that FFP is not the issue at play here and that’s completely up to you whether you believe me or not.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, and if you factor in what we’ve sold over the last 12 months, then it’s a net spend of 60m, or 30m per year, which isn’t massive.
In Bruno’s first season, we had a net spend of only €5million.. surprised at that looking back

Back
Top Bottom