Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't think we can blame the club/Fosun/Shi or whoever if Nunes goes. He's going to be hard to keep in the circumstances for lots of reasons (most of which are Fosun's fault of course) but if City want him, we'll just have to push the price, hopefully north of £60m.

All the judgement comes on how or whether we we spend that money. That's at least £24m of profit if pretty much all of that goes into recruitment e.g. 3 players at £15-20m each on 3 year contracts (the sort of people Hobbs had lined up a month ago)

Last edited:

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve seen various reports saying they have sold what they need to do, so any future sales would see the money reinvested - hence all the “we need to sell podence to buy elvedi.
Where are these reports?

Because the reports keep changing as at the start of the window it was 10-15 mil players which didn’t materialise either.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fee is only relevant to us fans if the club reinvest which nobody has any faith in them either doing or doing well and with very good reason.
What's the good reason?

You can't possibly think the "good reason" is fact that for the first time in 8 years we have sold a little bit more than we've spent?

I still can't believe people didn't see this coming after we bought 177 million last year and only sold 62 million.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
We will now probably go on a dross spending spree of about 4 mill . On the likes of brownhill and some kid from Timbuktu and some old farts on loan with an option . What a time to be Alive ..
Exactly the kind of thing Brighton did though and found gems like Mitoma.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing with fire here Fosun, we could easily drop of they don't reinvest, looks like they think there are 3 worse than us, very dangerous game to play, please let's see some reinforcements coming in

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes was the player who benefited most from Lopetegui’s arrival. Took him a while to settle (understandably given the fiasco under Lage and Davis at the start of last season) but got better and better as the season went on.

Has looked absolutely brilliant in pre-season and will flourish in that City side.
I agree. We've not seen the best of him for sure and we won't under GON. You will see the best of him when he's settled at City. Like Neves and Jota he's too good for a **** up club like Wolves. I think Cunha may well prove to be the next player to move on to better things and after that Gomes, in 12 months, and if Silva can start to find the net he'll be off as well. But at least we'll still have GON as manager and Dawson and Doc and Hwang and Podence to fly the flag at Molineux.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gut feeling this is asset stripping. Fosun tentatively tried to find a buyer for say £250-£300m over the past couple of years.. no takers so they sell the crown jewels for £150m+ and flog the club for whatever in the summer. whether thats being the prem (by some miracle) or the chump.
Well that’s *******s mate. They looked for investors at £150-200m for around 20% of the club, with virtually no say in the running of the club. Obviously, none were keen.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except the 61 million euros we committed to this window already, plus the ridiculous funds we had to pay Lopetegui to quit because Jeff Shi is a bit thin in the head.
Does anyone know how much that cost, by the by?

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the good reason?

You can't possibly think the "good reason" is fact that for the first time in 6 years we have sold a little bit more than we've spent?

I still can't believe people didn't see this coming after we bought 177 million last year and only sold 62 million.
Finally somebody talking sense and not emotionally ranting about how Fosun are the worst thing to happen to us

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's the good reason?

You can't possibly think the "good reason" is fact that for the first time in 6 years we have sold a little bit more than we've spent?

Do you live under a rock?

The messaging from the club has changed all Sumer constantly for one.

For two 90 millions of last years spend has now been sold (Colin’s), about to be sold (Nunes) or is now where to be seen (Guedes).

Also, 90 million this summer vs 0 isn’t really a little bit is it, so yes I can ‘possibly think it’.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea but Nunes definitely isn't worth £80m.
If we get that then they've done exceptionally well.
What would you have said he was worth after the Man United game? He's absolutely worth that in this market, not many players with his skill set in the game. Pep would undoubtedly make him a better player.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Why wait till the final minutes of the game then if that was the plan. Surely you'd get sent off in the first half if he was trying to not get injured. Injury could of happened in that game too not just Everton.
To re-visit the previous thread, maybe that was the news O'Neil broke at half time!

floydstreet

Reaction score
The one thing I can’t square IF he is sold and IF we don’t reinvest

How is that sensible for Fosun

Because we are so close to relegation in that scenario. I wonder if Guo being at the game and this aren’t linked and mayve GON was asked whether he’d sell if he could spend

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would you have said he was worth after the Man United game? He's absolutely worth that in this market, not many players with his skill set in the game. Pep would undoubtedly make him a better player.
I'd have still said he's not worth £80m, which he isn't. Pep may turn him into an £80m player but he's not that now.
We'll have pulled their pants down if we get that money. Cannot see it personally

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
If we can get £60 million+, then I would sell.

He was never here for the long term and was bought to turn a quick buck any way, in my opinion. We'll get that if we can grind out some more money from ManCity. Helps with future FFP and brings in some extra cash that's not reliant on selling Jonny or Podence.

Secondly, I think he's a bit wasteful for what we need from a wide midfielder...his end product is to be desired and he scares the living **** out of me when he loses the ball deep in our side of the pitch. There was one play towards the end of the game where he did great to get up the left side of the pitch and completely ****ed up his cross that went straight over the end line. And let's not talk about how bad his shot was in the first half. He also lacks composure as seen by his second yellow--not the first time he's had trouble controlling his emotions.

Take that money and buy a right-footed CB that some kind of pace and another younger attacking midfielder a la £8-15 million that we can develop and sell high in a year or two.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s *******s mate. They looked for investors at £150-200m for around 20% of the club, with virtually no say in the running of the club. Obviously, none were keen.
Utter nonsense

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can confirm this (not sure on the valuation though) but as many ITK have said, there's no chance anyone is going to pay a big sum like that without being able to run the club how they want, so I can't see there being a taker for a minority share at all.

Three American investor groups were interested at a minimum but as said, no chance they would pay for a minority share, they'd want control.

FOSUN should get it over with and get out before their asset loses over 50% of its value through relegation. They don't have the funds to sustain the club in the PL long term so what's the point? Talk about prolonging the suffering.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly the kind of thing Brighton did though and found gems like Mitoma.

Buying some cheap unknown is not exactly what Brighton do. They have a recruitment strategy they have developed for several years. It's not just what you do, it's who is doing it. Every club in the land buys cheap hoping to find gems. Most don't succeed. At least, they don't become top 8 PL clubs following that strategy.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you live under a rock?

The messaging from the club has changed all Sumer constantly for one.

For two 90 millions of last years spend has now been sold (Colin’s), about to be sold (Nunes) or is now where to be seen (Guedes).

Also, 90 million this summer vs 0 isn’t really a little bit is it, so yes I can ‘possibly think it’.
Do I live under a rock? No. The rumour from the start was that we needed to make a 50 million profit before we could spend for FFP reasons.

And who cares if 90 millions has been sold? Does that mean Fosun should just keep throwing money into the pot and not care how it's spent?

And 90 million vs 0? You're stretching things so ridiculously far.

We've sold (Euros) 104 million and bought 61 million this window. Last year we sold 62 million. If you add this year's outgoings and last year's outings, we still spent more on incomings last year alone (177 milllion).

Since the beginning of last year - we've bought 238 million and sold 166 million. Even if Nunes and Semedo sell for the rumoured fees, we'd only have sold 14 million more than we've bought in the last 12 months.

The biggest problem Fosun has made is by not removing Shi from his spot. But with the success Wolves have had in the last 8 years, I can see why they are being hesitant.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't be getting Doyle or Mcatee though will we. They don't want to come here and City are not offering them.

Don't really know if they want to come here or not or even if city will use them as part of the deal. That's up to us to negotiate but its going to be hard to keep Nunes if they want him.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buying some cheap unknown is not exactly what Brighton do. They have a recruitment strategy they have developed for several years. It's not just what you do, it's who is doing it. Every club in the land buys cheap hoping to find gems. Most don't succeed. At least, they don't become top 8 PL clubs following that strategy.
Whoever scouted Gomes should be doing all of our scouting lol

Back
Top Bottom