Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to single you out, but how can people be in such denial? Do you think people arrived at this conclusion solely on the basis of Nunes being sold? Lol
Im not in denial but neither am I hysterical like the majority on here. Fosun may well be asset stripping no one truly knows on here. I am pretty sure though that Kilman wouldn’t be here if that was the case

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are stuffed. No way have we got replacements sorted. Championship next year then but we sorted ffp which we won't need to worry about.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Brighton sell all the time. I always feel Wolves fans take selling players far too personally, but we know the funds won't be reinvested so the frustration is justified this time.
I think here
It depends what we do with the money
After £100m of sales and no spend
We selll another £50 and don’t spend

Well struggle to see how we aren’t struggling.

If we invest in a direct replacement, centre half and maybe striker that’s fine
Even if loan option to buy

The point is we have to bring players in if we sell. Otherwise it’s clearly far beyond FFP

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have spent a fortune on us and had little return for their investment. Is it any wonder they’re potentially being more cautious. And yes I understand Jeff shi is to blame for everything and he is an employee of Fosun

Except they haven’t. Apart from underwriting our borrowing, all they’ve spent is the initial purchase price and investment to get us up and established. That investment is more than compensated by our greater club value than when they bought us. Everything since then has been financed by the club, even that splurge last summer and in January, has ultimately been funded by the club through player sales this summer.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think he could be a world beater in years to come.
i think for £60m we’d have to consider it, from a monetary pov and from a player pov too.
i’d like a player or two back as part of it, maybe Palmer on a perm and one other on loan perhaps?
i’d also like to see 2-3 quality additions with the money

anything less than the above and i’d say the offer isn’t good enough simply because we know they need a midfielder of his ilk and potential.

it’s disappointing and it’s worrying but we can’t stop players being bid for.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been saying similar for at least a couple of weeks mate.
They've reduced the cost of pretty much every outgoing, whilst increasing the income from fans in the process.
Even the managerial change was a huge cost cutting measure for any prospective new owner to come in, sack the current incumbent for the minimal cost, and replace him with their own man.
They're making it a cheap, blank canvas, IMO.
You`re right. They`ve even cancelled the contract they signed for this season with the local hotel. They arrive at Molineux straight from Compton now.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Nunes was the player who benefited most from Lopetegui’s arrival. Took him a while to settle (understandably given the fiasco under Lage and Davis at the start of last season) but got better and better as the season went on.

Has looked absolutely brilliant in pre-season and will flourish in that City side.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet he can't believe his luck leaving our sinking ship for Pep and Citeh.
He's never really wanted to be here and most of his performances have shown that
He's shown glimpses of top quality for us but nothing more
He got himself sent off on Saturday
His performance at Brighton away was also disgusting
I won't be sad to see him go. He always going to leave soon

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton sell all the time. I always feel Wolves fans take selling players far too personally, but we know the funds won't be reinvested so the frustration is justified this time.
Brighton also invest in youngsters talented players to replace those they sell. We get linked with Antonio, Cresswell and Brownhill.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everything.
Lots of people said we overpaid for Nunes - tick
He’s not been brilliant - tick
If he played like he did against Man Utd we’d be mad to sell him - tick
Whether this is a good deal or not depends on the fee - tick

If you can’t see everything he said is right...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we can use some of the money from the sale to strengthen other areas of the squad, I'd be 100% happy with this. He's very good going forward, but I believe we can honestly get the same same thing from RAN used in the same position. RAN isn't quite as good on the ball but his decision making is a bit better, IMO.

I think Nunes is just far too risky for our thinner squad when we don't know where and if goals are coming. We can't be giving away the ball in prime areas.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We will now probably go on a dross spending spree of about 4 mill . On the likes of brownhill and some kid from Timbuktu and some old farts on loan with an option . What a time to be Alive ..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were selling for top dollar, as Brighton do, and had a systematic replacement plan then l would agree. As it is.....

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the shambolic situation we’re witnessing it is inevitable. O’Neil bless him is on a hiding to nothing.
He's a sacrificial lamb in their end game, IMO.
Cheap to sack and replace, if new owners step in.
Maybe a prospective new owner would only consider a purchase, if Lopetegui's and his backroom teams huge wage bill was off the books???

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we can use some of the money from the sale to strengthen other areas of the squad, I'd be 100% happy with this. He's very good going forward, but I believe we can honestly get the same same thing from RAN used in the same position. RAN isn't quite as good on the ball but his decision making is a bit better, IMO.

I think Nunes is just far too risky for our thinner squad when we don't know where and if goals are coming. We can't be giving away the ball in prime areas.
Why would fosun give us any money?We have seen nothing of the 93 million raised through sales.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£80m?! You’re dreaming.

If we sell for £50m I’d be amazed. I’d be more amazed if fosun reinvested sale proceeds. Not gonna happen.
Why is that dreaming? Have you seen the market for midfielders this summer? Man City were on the verge of buying Paqueta for £100m. Caicedo £110m. Rice £105m.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Nunes is worth 50 mill. How much is Cuhna worth!?

He's been so underwhelming considering his raw talent, yet his value has gone up.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lots of people said we overpaid for Nunes - tick
He’s not been brilliant - tick
If he played like he did against Man Utd we’d be mad to sell him - tick
Whether this is a good deal or not depends on the fee - tick

If you can’t see everything he said is right, you’re a moron.
The fee is only relevant to us fans if the club reinvest which nobody has any faith in them either doing or doing well and with very good reason.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would fosun give us any money?We have seen nothing of the 93 million raised through sales.
Except the 61 million euros we committed to this window already, plus the ridiculous funds we had to pay Lopetegui to quit because Jeff Shi is a bit thin in the head.

You're acting like Fosun never invests in us.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fee is only relevant to us fans if the club reinvest which nobody has any faith in them either doing or doing well and with very good reason.
I’ve seen various reports saying they have sold what they need to do, so any future sales would see the money reinvested - hence all the “we need to sell podence to buy elvedi.

Back
Top Bottom