Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your last sentence might be the dilemma, apart from a footballer who is born or grows up supporting Wolverhampton Wanderers why would anyone else want to be here, apart from the money.
How times have changed.
Without doubt we love our club, but am I being to cynical about players motives.
To players it is a job not a passion. They want to maximise income and what they win.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure he’ll do well at City as he’ll want to be there and to win things. For me Nunes much like Guedes never really wanted to be here and his mentality showed that. Lots of frustrating head shakes and throwing of arms at teammates when things didn’t go his way. If you compare his mentality to our other big sales in neves and Jota it’s night and day. They got “it”, they understood that when you aren’t in a top team you have to be on it every single game and putting in 100% effort even when it’s not going your way.

I should look back at him for his goal against Chelsea or his performance against United but what will stick with me will be his petulant sending off against Brighton, game was done and he did that. It shows a lack of respect for his teammates and his club. I’ll bet all I have he’ll never do that to Pep in injury time when the game is done.

I don’t think of myself as a petty bloke and I can’t remember booing a returning player (I nearly got chucked out at Jota’s first game back for rowing with fans for booing him) but I’ll give Nunes pelters when he comes back simply because he rarely put in the effort required at wolves to show off his undoubted talent. Over the years we’ve accepted plenty of players who lack talent but balance it with work rate, effort and the right mentality and I don’t think we should ever accept a guy of Nunes talent showing what he did in a wolves shirt.

So to paraphrase, **** him
You saved me having to write much the same!

How happy he looks now, like the weight of the world has lifted from his shoulders. He must have been terrified that his form was mostly so bad, that dream move he always wanted may have failed and left him stuck at this little club he thought far beneath him

We could have been relegated and he couldn't give a ****. The whole thing was a debacle and I'm both surprised and relieved we got our money back on him.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would anyone have an issue if he said “I’ve enjoyed my time at Wolves but the chance to play for Man City, under Pep Guardiola and in the Champions League was something I couldn’t turn down”.?
Yes. Because it would be a lie. I think he hated his time with us. Regretted moving fairly early on and couldn't wait to get away.

And he'll be playing in the EFL cup, not the Champions league!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Nunes scores the tenth in a record PL defeat for us to hammer the nail in Gollum O'Neil's coffin
I am sorry but as a Wolves fan l could never write that much as l have serious doubts about GON.

Surely no true fan wants their team to be defeated let alone humiliated.

That is so even if they believe that they are being Machiavellian and looking to what they believe to be the longer-term greater good.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sorry but as a Wolves fan l could never write that much as l have serious doubts about GON.

Surely no true fan wants their team to be defeated let alone humiliated.

That is so even if they believe that they are being Machiavellian and looking to what they believe to be the longer-term greater good.
It's like a football version of the Trolley Problem.

Would you take a humiliation if it meant saving Wolves season?

I would ordinarily, but let's face up to reality, Shi would probably sack O'Neil and appoint Megson

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. Because it would be a lie. I think he hated his time with us. Regretted moving fairly early on and couldn't wait to get away.

And he'll be playing in the EFL cup, not the Champions league!

Agree he never gave the impression he wanted to be here......Unfortunately unlike the cohort of Portuguese players signed during the Nuno era when everything was going in a positive direction ( and they were relatively unknown) , him and others seemed to sign at the wrong time ...... The likes of Nunes , Guedes , Podence , Silva & Semedo alone cost us in the region of £140 million in transfer fees but most of the time have been in a side in transition ......

Hindsight , but if only that money had been spent better , who knows where we could have been

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Dad's struggling to recover from the seizures at the moment. Very very frail. Hopefully just needs some time.
My stepson has those it's not nice. Hope he settles down soon x

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You saw me standing alone!!!! Hahaha he’ll be flogged to west ham in no time.

Think he will replace Phillips as the 200 minuted a year sub.... don't imagine he will keep getting called up to the national team though.

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
From their forum:

"Surprised his attitude isn’t being mentioned here.
He’s a flouncing ponce, stands there with his arms in the air when a team mate doesn’t read a pass or one of his stupid flicks fails. Sits on the floor with his arms in the air bitching to the ref when he’s been fairly tackled rather than getting up and chasing the ball.
Needs to sort himself out."

Reading a few posts on there I'd say the majority aren't exactly impressed with him at the moment.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
From their forum:

He’s a flouncing ponce, stands there with his arms in the air when a team mate doesn’t read a pass or one of his stupid flicks fails. Sits on the floor with his arms in the air bitching to the ref when he’s been fairly tackled rather than getting up and chasing the ball.

Reading a few posts on there I'd say the majority aren't exactly impressed with him at the moment.
Just think, we upgraded with Bellegarde

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From their forum:

This has made me laugh. Think we got a cracking deal moving him on. We've definitely pulled City's pants down with this one

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
From their forum:

They were the same with grealish in his first season.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has made me laugh. Think we got a cracking deal moving him on. We've definitely pulled City's pants down with this one
He will come good for them I have no doubt about it. He’s a talented footballer and once he’s in Peps model you will see the real nunes.

They don’t buy may dud players these days and not for that amount of money.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's funny on here 12 months saying he was crap and we'd massively overpaid.
2 weeks saying there was no way City could have him for less than £60m.
Now we're back to laughing at them for paying so much.

I think Pep will sort him out, but he clearly still had stuff to improve. Remember how little impact Grealish had in his first season. Nunes wasn't bought as the finished article.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he'll be incredible for them eventually. We were seeing the first green shoots of it

Back
Top Bottom