Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Now let's just chill the **** out...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...and plan for next season.

The summer is huge, make no mistake. Changes need to be made, we need to drive on in a (probably) new direction, but we will be in this league, we will be looking to compete, we will no doubt be looking towards the European places and hopefully, we'll all be there to cheer them on.

Up the Wolves

Bring it on

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Honestly feel so relieved. Despite all logic telling me we would be safe, I’ve been a wreck these last few games (think the pandemic on top of all the horrific luck and injuries we’ve had this season finally got to me).

So grateful to have a few weeks where I can just try and enjoy the football again.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Honestly feel so relieved. Despite all logic telling me we would be safe, I’ve been a wreck these last few games (think the pandemic on top of all the horrific luck and injuries we’ve had this season finally got to me).

So grateful to have a few weeks where I can just try and enjoy the football again.
I know what you mean mate, the thought of going into the last few games only a few points above the Albion has been a nightmare.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Typical, my stream cut out for the last 5 mins! But I don't care, what a goal - and Fabio makes another contribution, this time to us taking 3 points. Deserved it for the VAR travesty but not for our overall performance. Hopefully the players take some confidence from this and relax a bit (other than in defence). Big sigh of relief...

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So true mate, but my god they havent made it easy for us lol

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was all ready to write how the Fulham match summed up our season perfectly... then we won.

Barring the biggest capitulation and top four form for the bottom half teams we're safe.

I'll be happy if we can improve next season in several areas - league position, points total and entertainment.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been chilled for months. We were never going down. I think because of the expectation built up over 3 great seasons is why I've hated this season as much as any I can remember. In those eternal years in the Champs and our previous forays in the Prem I never had any expectations of doing anything so I was rarely let down. What I expected usually happened! Nuno/Jeff get your ****ing collective act together and get us challenging for Europe next season and please, please give us some entertainment along the way.

R

reanswolf

I am not that stressed, always confident we had the ability to nip a goal towards the end, but its getting to the point where we need major repair rather than minor repair, which is a worry as we can't afford it. Performances are dire in the main.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not that stressed, always confident we had the ability to nip a goal towards the end, but its getting to the point where we need major repair rather than minor repair, which is a worry as we can't afford it. Performances are dire in the main.
Yes ... some big decisions and some very hard work lies ahead. I’ve hated this season.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The thread you started during the game suggests otherwise bud.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The planning for next season has to start ASAP. We are certs for relegation if we go into next season with this team, this squad, this mentality, the lack of desire, this desire to play formations we don’t have the players for, this lack of quality and depth.

be on the front foot Jeff or face the inevitable.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been chilled for months. We were never going down. I think because of the expectation built up over 3 great seasons is why I've hated this season as much as any I can remember. In those eternal years in the Champs and our previous forays in the Prem I never had any expectations of doing anything so I was rarely let down. What I expected usually happened! Nuno/Jeff get your ****ing collective act together and get us challenging for Europe next season and please, please give us some entertainment along the way.
Believe me, we all want an entertaining assault on the European places next season, but at least we shouldn't see any more relegation threads (not that I remember you being responsible for any!)

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...and plan for next season.

The summer is huge, make no mistake. Changes need to be made, we need to drive on in a (probably) new direction, but we will be in this league, we will be looking to compete, we will no doubt be looking towards the European places and hopefully, we'll all be there to cheer them on.

Up the Wolves

Bring it on
European football only if there are some important changes.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2/3 key additions particularly centre half and cm is what we need and I think it will transform us , 2/3 first teamers then become squad players and we look so much stronger ...

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The planning for next season has to start ASAP. We are certs for relegation if we go into next season with this team, this squad, this mentality, the lack of desire, this desire to play formations we don’t have the players for, this lack of quality and depth.

We have literally played non stop since we came up from the championship , our season started in July after we qualified for Europe then this season was hardly any break at all , we will be fine with 2/3 key additions and molineux packed to the rafters once again ..

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

you was calling for Nunos head before the end of a game a few months ago . Good job you and the other notorious wetter hold no sway whatsoever . Been bored more of the negative ****ers on here this year than the **** football we have served up .

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have literally played non stop since we came up from the championship , our season started in July after we qualified for Europe then this season was hardly any break at all , we will be fine with 2/3 key additions and molineux packed to the rafters once again ..
Wolves may have been playing solidly but this team hasn’t given the new additions to it. Take the starting line up last night: Jose, Ait, semedo, podence - that 40 percent of your starting outfield players that were not involved 12 months ago. Then add the bench: Vitinha, hovere, Fabio, otasowie, Kilman, Richards and your ‘they are just knackered’ falls apart very quickly. Even Neto was not a regular starter last year.

Wholesale changes are needed in personnel and approach or we go down next year with this squad. And that is going to involve tough decisions on some familiar faces. Coady, saiss for example.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Hopefully we’ll use the remaining games to build for next season, not too bothered if most of them end in draws tbh but to just see a glimmer of light at what has seemed like a very dark tunnel for most of the season would be most welcome.
After last night’s result the players should be able to play with a bit more freedom and dare I say swagger rather than what’s been served up for month’s on end which has overall been disappointing.
Nuno needs to work with what he’s got and find the “solutions” from within as I feel the transfer market will be suppressed with very few clubs spending big if at all.
With hopefully Raul back, Fabio now looking more of a player, Neto firmly establishing himself and if the so called fringe players get more game time and experience within this league then things should be on the up!
Next season starts here and now, never really understood what having a good pre-season is all about apart from getting the players as match fit as possible but I just hope certain members of the squad don’t come back a little jaded after the Euros.
Next season will be defining for Nuno, either he’s got what it takes or he hasn’t to improve and edge us closer to the next level.
We shall see!

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding next season the absolute first thing that needs to happen is that Nuno needs to decide what formation is the one we're going with and then stick with it.

The next thing he needs to do is sign some much higher quality players to go with said formation.If this season has taught us one thing its that the solutions are definitely not from within.

If he's going with 4 at the back then we need 2 much higher quality centre backs to allow us to play that way.Boly is fine,but Coady,Saiss and Dendoncker really aren't.If we start next season playing 4 at the back with these options then we'll be in trouble,no doubt about it.

Midfield is the other area that needs major quality added,whether it be a dynamic runner,or somebody in there to break up the play to allow Neves to move further forward,there's just not enough toughness or mobility in there at the moment.We've got one of the best passers of the ball in Neves,but he can't really affect the game when he's practically stood on Coady's toes every match.

I dare say we need another striker as well.We obviously went big on Raul by giving him a 5 year contract,and with Silva given the amount we spent on him.But who knows how Raul will come back,and while Fabio is very much improving he's not yet close to the 20 goal a season man we need.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the first time in 3 years Nuno will have a decent pre-season. This season there was no ore-season and the one before was curtailed as we started in July and we wonder why things aren’t quite right. Let players have a proper rest and recharge. Sign players early and embed them and then do what Nuno does best, drill them on the training pitch in pre-season so they come out ready and firing.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the first time in 3 years Nuno will have a decent pre-season. This season there was no ore-season and the one before was curtailed as we started in July and we wonder why things aren’t quite right. Let players have a proper rest and recharge. Sign players early and embed them and then do what Nuno does best, drill them on the training pitch in pre-season so they come out ready and firing.
The Euros won't help though.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Euros won't help though.
In our first season in the prem there was a World Cup with player away. It’s not absolutely ideal but it’s more manageable than this year where we had 30 days between seasons and internationals 10 days before season started.

Also signing players early is key, in Nuno’s first and second seasons we signed most players early enough to join pre-season and bed in. The likes of Semedo and RAN signed after the season started whilst youngsters like Vitinha and Silva didn’t have a normal couple of months bedding in and understanding what was what before everything kicked off. Consequence was players knackered from previous season, new players not bedded in and a hard slog of a season.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly wouldnt be surprised to see us start next season with Mouts / Neves / Donk in a midfield three. I don't think there's a clamour from inside the club to make the changes the majority here want. Nuno's decisions and subs this season suggest that, in my opinion. We'll see I guess.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In our first season in the prem there was a World Cup with player away. It’s not absolutely ideal but it’s more manageable than this year where we had 30 days between seasons and internationals 10 days before season started.

Also signing players early is key, in Nuno’s first and second seasons we signed most players early enough to join pre-season and bed in. The likes of Semedo and RAN signed after the season started whilst youngsters like Vitinha and Silva didn’t have a normal couple of months bedding in and understanding what was what before everything kicked off. Consequence was players knackered from previous season, new players not bedded in and a hard slog of a season.
I think that you and l are in general agreement...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly wouldnt be surprised to see us start next season with Mouts / Neves / Donk in a midfield three. I don't think there's a clamour from inside the club to make the changes the majority here want. Nuno's decisions and subs suggest that, in my opinion. We'll see I guess.
I would want to see Mouts as a squad player not a starter.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Planning will have started, but we are not certs for relegation in any of the circumstances you portray and proper time for preparation will make a huge difference to this season, where we've effectively been winging it from day one

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would want to see Mouts as a squad player not a starter.
Agree and I think his presence off the bench will be invaluable. He will also be key to building up the young players like Vitinha who I think is a talent. I’d like us to try a 4:3:3 for the rest of the season with Vitinha and MGW interchanging (or even playing together). MGW isn’t a forward but could be great as a CAM linking midfield and attack - that’s where he’s had impact, a bit like last night.

Back
Top Bottom