Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Notlob linked with davies!

K

Kenny-11

Not really a surprise when you see who is part of Megsons team

E

Exile Wolf

He would be a good buy for them and a great lose for us

A

Atlas 1951

Someone thinks he can step up a division... or two.

Surely this will only serve to strengthen Wolves' resolve to keep him. I suppose it could unsettle the player, though.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quashie in and Davies out in one day.

Truly magnificent!!!!

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gobern, Gleeson, Little - he knows about them as well. Not going to put a bit in though are they?

We both know Davies is the best player of that generation, there is only really Hennessey who can give him a run for his money.

They'll be bidding for Kyle Bennett and Zele Ismail next.

D

Dewsburywolf

We both know Davies is the best player of that generation, there is only really Hennessey who can give him a run for his money.

They'll be bidding for Kyle Bennett and Zele Ismail next.

$$$$ right off you Lancashire inbreds.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true this will at least let us know one way or another as to whether he has a future at the club. Though now he has proved his fitness at Leicester he will get offered a new deal IMO.

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

Chris Evans, when at the wolves, made no secret of the fact that he thought Mark Davies is the best footballer at the club. It was only a matter of time for Davies to start playing regularly (and by all accounts playing well) before Evans recommended him to Megson.

A

Atlas 1951

I think Davies will be aware that he's wanted at Wolves. Given that, swapping his boyhood club who are heading toward the Premiership for a four-month relegation battle wouldn't seem the smartest of moves for the player.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£650K is a pethetic bid though - he's worth far more to us than that money - and jez and mick know it...

what worries me though is what this does to davies' head... we need him back at wolves - and NOW - he needs an arm round his shoulder, and to feel wanted by wolves while this sort of $$$$ is going on...

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's up to Davies what he wants to do. I suppose instant premier league football will be an incentive, as will teaming up with Evans again. However, Wolves have stuck by him over the pst couple of years and he's yet to fulfill his earlier potential because of the injuries.

We can only hope Wolves have offered him a new contract and he wants to sign it. Because 600,000 for somebody with his talent will be a drop in the ocean of his future value.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£650K is a pethetic bid though - he's worth far more to us than that money - and jez and mick know it...

what worries me though is what this does to davies' head... we need him back at wolves - and NOW - he needs an arm round his shoulder, and to feel wanted by wolves while this sort of $$$$ is going on...

how do you know what he needs? how do you know we need him back at wolves now? for all you know, davies is currently working towards a long time agreed plan to return to fitness, then match fitness and then wolves first team.

i really don't understand this hyper-reaction to davies. if we were languishing mid table then perhaps we would need some sort of messiah figure to lift us (and the supporters) but top of the league for most of the season means we should be buzzing about what we've got, what we've done - not creating some drama about an inexperienced oft injured boy whose claim to fame is based on reputation rather than delivery.

it's the daily mail ffs. (hope those words don't come back to haunt me)

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but we'd still get a fee because of his age.

Thanks Atlas. From what Jez said at the fans meeting it really doesn't seem as though there is an intention to sell him. Perhaps the temporary "banishment" to the footballing backwater of Leicester is a well aimed kick up the bum for him.

IMO he seems to be playing well for Leicester, obviously has talent and seems to be well above the standard required for league 1. I'd like to see him given a chance on the bench or beside Henry, Edwards doesn't do it for me and Jones just seems to go MIA for me.

H

haden-wolf

Evans was always going to try this with Davies - I guess we now see which wanderers want him most and which he wants most aswell

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he gets sold, I won't go to Molineux any more unless I get a full and convincing explanation fro the club. We have sold Keane and Lescott and I am sick of selling our best young prospects

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sold Keane because we had no money and needed 5-6 new players to rebuild the side.

We sold Lescott because we had no money and needed 6-7 new players to rebuild the side. Plus he'd stayed for as long as we could reasonably expect him to and we'd agreed to let him go if we didn't go up in 2006, in return for him signing a new deal.

If we sell Davies, it'll be because the current management don't judge him to be good enough for us or suited well enough to the way we play. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. No-one can definitively say either way.

There you go.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how do you know what he needs? how do you know we need him back at wolves now? for all you know, davies is currently working towards a long time agreed plan to return to fitness, then match fitness and then wolves first team.

i really don't understand this hyper-reaction to davies. if we were languishing mid table then perhaps we would need some sort of messiah figure to lift us (and the supporters) but top of the league for most of the season means we should be buzzing about what we've got, what we've done - not creating some drama about an inexperienced oft injured boy whose claim to fame is based on reputation rather than delivery.

it's the daily mail ffs. (hope those words don't come back to haunt me)

i don't know what he needs - it's only my opinion... thats what this forum is for...

and it doesn't matter what league position we're in - i don't want to see our best players, home grown as well, leave this club...

and the "hyper-reaction" as you call it i think is understandable whilst we have loaned one of our best and brightest prospects for years out to another club - a lot of people are just worried that we are going to lose a top player, and that the wrong decisions are going to be made...

the fans all knew what davies was capable of before mick even set foot inside molineux - and we all worry that mick hasn't really seen the best of him like we have (probably in fact, only the worst of him) and various historical events have given cause for concern that he may be sold - thats all...

i disagree with you though that this reaction comes from a reputation - plenty of fans have seen what he's capable of - and have seen him deliver - and anyone with half a football brain would know that if he ever realised that potential, we would have a fantastic player - and almost as important these days, a valuable asset...

306NOTOUT

MolMix will go into meltdown if this happens.

Ne nah ne nah the thread police are revving their engines!!

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the fans all knew what davies was capable of before mick even set foot inside molineux - and we all worry that mick hasn't really seen the best of him like we have (probably in fact, only the worst of him) and various historical events have given cause for concern that he may be sold - thats all...

i disagree with you though that this reaction comes from a reputation - plenty of fans have seen what he's capable of - and have seen him deliver - and anyone with half a football brain would know that if he ever realised that potential, we would have a fantastic player - and almost as important these days, a valuable asset...

so which is it? is he capable or does he still need to realise his potential? have you seen much of mark davies in the past 2 years to qualify your opinions? and i'm sure that mick has seen a damn site more of mark davies than anyone on here ever will.

i've seen brief glimpses at 1st team level because brief glimpses are all he's offered and i agree that he had potential, but after so long out injured we don't know whether he still has that potential or whether he is now capable.

his capability to come into a 1st team squad at the top of the championship is clearly not known to anyone on here and it certainly shouldn't be judged on his few appearances in the wolves 1st team and his development football in the reserves and youth teams.

i wonder what the reaction would have been if MM had gone out and brought a 20 year old 'prospect' from another championship side who had been out injured for the best part of 2 years and claimed that he was the 'missing piece of the jigsaw'. this place would have probably gone into meltdown.

it's championship manager gone mad i tells ya

J

jbarnettuk1984

We won't sell. Yet...

I'm getting more worried by the day though. Why is he playing at Leicester and not here where he is needed?

G

glastofreak

Befor I was not that worried but even if the Mail is wrong his name is now in the open. (yes I know that other clubs may have already been watching him but the paper talk may cause them to come out of the woodwork and force their hand(s))
If he is as good as all the people who have seen him (yet to hear someone say he is not good, Wolves or Leicester) and being out of contract at the end of the season and even if Bolton are the only ones after him I cannot see Bolton going down this season he will be with a Prem club next season.

I hope that he will stay with us I hope he stays injury free and he fulfills his potential. I belive that the board will want to keep him as a good youth policy will save the club a fortune in the future. (thought going to Bolton and failing may be a good incentive to the other youth players to stay where they are)

R

Rocky_Balllboa

If this happens my faith in MM will be tested to the full

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club need to get Davies signed to another 3/4 year deal to stop all this worry and so we know and Mark knows He has a future at the club..

R

Rocky_Balllboa

No, he is a young talented player brought through Wolves youth ranks who deserves an opportunity at Wolves.

If we do not give him the chance here what is the point of the Youth system?

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mark Davies is the new Freddy.

If you have seen him play you wouldn't say that. If you mean by the fans reaction you are also mistaken (in my view) there aren't many people on here genuinely saying get rid of him..he is talented been at the club all his days and wanted by the vast majority of the fans...FE divided opinion and was carp- as proven by his Coventry deeds- MD is proving how good he is.

I can't imagine that Jez, Mick and Steve would let him go.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems quite simple to me. First the club should state today that they won`t sell him full-stop.Secondly he should come back to the club as he has proved his fitness and MM needs to start putting him in the squad.

It has to be sorted out soon as it is one of those issues that really wind supporters up. I even e-mailed Jez Moxey about it last week .

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Davies was the 'stand out' player when he was with England at every level. He is energetic, can pass short or long, can time a tackle and can go past players left or right. He is one of the few players I have seen who can run at speed with the ball glued to their feet similar to Theo Walcott. The only issue is he may not fit in with the two wingers system MM prefers. A system that won't work anyway in the top flight. We must keep Mark Davies at all cost. If we let him go we may as well close down the academy and forget about building a club to compete against the top teams again. He is quite simply the best player we have developed since Robbie Keane. This will be a defining moment in McCarthy's career at Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom