Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1652598803122.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. It’s the last first team home game of the season, and a chance to sign off with some positivity and cheer.

We weren’t terrible on Wednesday night but we made some sloppy errors against the best side in the world, and you can’t do that and get away with it. Today will be a different test against a Norwich team doomed to another relegation, and only playing for pride. Sometimes teams with nothing to play for are easier to play against, other times the lack of pressure makes them dangerous. You’d still have to back us to get the result.

In terms of line-up, I wonder if there could be a couple of changes? Toti Gomes has to be pushing for a start, if he can’t get in after the way Boly Coady and Jonny played the other night he can’t be as good as we all thought. I hope Chiquinho gets another go he was probably the brightest spark for me on Wednesday.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!!!

COYW

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My last home game for a while as I am not renewing. I feel honoured to hace watched some of the best players to grace Molineux since I started supported 30 years ago. If the likes of Neves, Moutinho, Boly, Saiss, Ruddy and Jimenez do part ways this summer, I will forever be grateful for what they have done for this club on and off the pitch. Might be abit emotional at ft today

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You're right it does feel like the end of something - I'm hoping it's the end of my jinx, of us generally losing this season whenever I've got a ticket... It does feel like this is the partial end of an era - seems like we need more than gentle evolution to go to the next level. Realistically that might be us still aiming for a position around 6-8th, but playing some better football and scoring more goals. I imagine this will be Neves last home game, along with Saiss and possibly Jimenez - so hope we sign off with 3 points and some goals...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the reaction of Ruben, Joao, Romaine (if he’s involved) and some others at full time.

If they kiss the badge they’ll be leaving.

Could be emotional at the end.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One more Neves free kick for old time's sake.

I'm pretty sure Moutinho hasn't scored at Molineux in front of fans. He scored a beauty against Arsenal during lockdown. Could this be his last chance? If so, I hope he finally does it.

I just hope the players give it their all.

I have this nagging feeling though that Norwich will win it late on and be our bogey side for this season.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its feels like it's the end of an era, saying goodbye to players who have give me something 5/6 years ago I'd have never dreamed off, made us an established top half Premier League side, a European cup quarter final, an Fa Cup Semi Final, wins over the established top 6 including the double at City a few years ago.

All the lads deserve an ovation today they have been part of something special for us.

The noises seem to be that the squad will be overhauled this year and it needs to happen but its an opportunity to thank these players.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need to win and win well against the worst side in the premier league. If we cant put on a show under no pressure against a poor side then i'm not sure where that leaves Lage.
I agree. If he can't work out how to get 3 points today against Norwich at home with the players at his disposal I'd seriously question whether he's the one to take us forward (especially on the back of recent performances - excluding 20mins against Chelsea). Apparently Lopetegui might be available this summer...

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem that today may be many players last game at Molineux.
I'm confident that they will get a good send off from the crowd at the end of the game (despite what you sometimes read on here about our players).

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ooooo the magic of championship relegation fodder to Europa League quarter finals in 3 seasons.

Large deserves atleast one Proper transfer window. 8th for a bare thread squad, where most have been on the beach and non committed is pretty decent

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A season with highs and lows. Unfortunately for the majority, the highs were mostly a while ago and away from home. Really hasn't been a season for the home STH to enjoy much.

Be very sad to see some heroes depart, just praying some new ones are going to arrive. Crazy that we could sign better players as a middling Champ side than one that has finished 3 years out of 4 in the top half of the Prem.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hoping for a stirring performance and a few goals, as others have said it feels like the end of an era...a bloody good un. If all the rumours are true and I'm hoping they're bull poppy, it could be the last time in the old gold for Neves, Moutinho, Saiss, Jonny, Raul....I've even seen one this morning that Coady is definitely on his way.
Must admit I fear for our survival in the Premier league next season if the heart of our team is ripped away.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. If he can't work out how to get 3 points today against Norwich at home with the players at his disposal I'd seriously question whether he's the one to take us forward (especially on the back of recent performances - excluding 20mins against Chelsea). Apparently Lopetegui might be available this summer...

He needs to get these lot up and show us something positive.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All feels a bit **** don’t it.

The kids losing to albion the other night has just compounded a truly awful couple of months.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not think there will be as many outgoings as some are predicting, if only for the reason that I can’t see that many incoming.
Can’t believe a word you read or hear at this time of year. Roll in 1st September

Nivada

Reaction score
Ooooo the magic of championship relegation fodder to Europa League quarter finals in 3 seasons.

Large deserves atleast one Proper transfer window. 8th for a bare thread squad, where most have been on the beach and non committed is pretty decent
Nuno himself couldn't bring that magic back man, Totally agree with the Lage comment though.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping it is the end of an era, squads as stale as month old bread and a freshen up is well overdue. Over to Jeff.

As for today reckon we’ll win 3-0. 9/1 if anyone fancies it.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today will see an extraordinary chapter close and hopefully set the seeds for a refreshed side next season.

All I want is 3 points and I won't care "if it's a ******* in 90th minute" that gets us the win!

Look forward to what will be a unique day and also massively looking forward to the Disability Team returning to the pitch at half time, after the brilliance of there game v Cardiff City on March 2nd 2019!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it wasn't for my son picking me up today I wouldn't go...my apathy has hit the levels the club are showing abd would happily take a point as expecting a loss.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I'm assuming Norwich are in the nb corner today?
Anybody? I'm too lazy to check the tickets website :rolleyes:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of an era indeed... Bruno will be gone after the Liverpool game if we lose today. Gave him a small contract for a reason so I'm sure they won't be scared to pull the trigger.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I think the players owe us a win today to make up for the loss to Norwich in fa cup.
We can’t lose to the worst team in the league twice at home in the same season???

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the last time we will see Neves and Saiss in a Wolves shirts so it’s going to be emotional.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely its time to put on a performance at home, but regardless of the result will be there at the end to show some appreciation to a squad that took us to levels I had never witnessed or dreamt about.

Rebuild (not just the stadium) is needed and as much as I'd miss witnessing the like of Neves, if we can get top dollar and its reinvested wisely then bring on next season.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No excuses today. Unlike sone relegated sides that pick up once the pressure is off Norwich have been shocking. They’ve been shipping goals at the back and, unbelievably, are even more toothless up front than we are.

Watford aside, and they were dreadful, we haven’t played well in both halves at home for months. If we can’t put on a good display today when I suspect it will be the last Molineux appearance in a Wolves shirt for at least two or three I will be very disappointed.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Well, Bruno said in his press conference he didn't want to leave the fans with the same image as the Man City game. So i would imagine they go for it from 15 mins on.
A 2-0 win for me, and hope the players get a good send off whether some are leaving or not. We won't know that unless they have a plaque around their neck saying so..

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me BABBIES!! Another funeral like atmosphere today then.

1-0 Wolves

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that moaning about the temporary stand, not being open for months ...and it's empty today. .Jesus wept....Poor effort for Ruben .....(fickle)

Should off got free tickets out for the schools...

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Throat infection of biblical proportions has killed my enthusiasm for today, can't be ***** with navigating the throng at the London or Hogs so will just head to the ground. Come on me babbies, give me something to smile about today. I'll take 1-0 but if you can make it more then great stuff.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that moaning about the temporary stand, not being open for months ...and it's empty today. .Jesus wept....Poor effort for Ruben .....(fickle)

You sure about that ?, 1 ticket available in SW2, the other tickets available are mostly odds and sods in the Bully and Billy quiet.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really can’t understand how this isn’t a sellout considering it’s the last game of the season and is more than likely Neves send off. Where are all those fans moaning on social media about how they can never get tickets?

Back
Top Bottom